• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newbie about RCI week and Independent exhange

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My brain's not quite working right now. I need to find a week at a resort in Asia in the near future for BIL. RCI doesn't have any availability at the resort I need. However, one of the independent exchanges may (anyone know of another exchange besides HTSE for Thailand). Most of our available weeks have been already banked with RCI so I don't have another one immediately available to deposit with the independent.

Here's my question: Can I book a week with RCI using my RCI Points and then bank that week with the independent to exchange for that Thailand week? Something in my head is nagging at me that I can't do this?

J

JoeMid

djyamyam said:
Can I book a week with RCI using my RCI Points and then bank that week with the independent to exchange for that Thailand week? Something in my head is nagging at me that I can't do this?
Listen to the voice, you can't do that.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also see a fair amount of Thailand on www.daelive.com

You might also look at getting one of your own weeks back from RCI Points.
One of the big drawbacks of that system is the automatic deposit of your weeks, but there is a period where you can get one back. Then, since it is your own week, you can give it to an independent.

Last edited:

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the emails. I've found DAE and HTSE to have a bunch of Thailand but I'm looking specifically for north Thailand which has less availability. I've got a ongoing search now at DAE for it. It seems that's the best option.

Thanks again.