• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New York: Where do you long-term park at JFK (Kennedy Airport) and LGA (LaGuardia)

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've been using Parking Spot. It looks like they are no longer at Kennedy and LaGuardia. Where do you go for long term parking when you fly out of Kennedy and LaGuardia

PS: Parkingspot.com still has parking lots to cover EWR (Newark Airport)

Thanks

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
We've been using Parking Spot. It looks like they are no longer at Kennedy and LaGuardia. Where do you go for long term parking when you fly out of Kennedy and LaGuardia

Thanks
JFK I just so long term parking. LGA parking spot but now that they are closed I take an Uber lol

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks
Wow.. Another victim of Covid.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks
When I lived in Queens I would take a car service to the Airport. How far away from the airports do you live?

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help everyone. We live about 15 minutes from Westchester County Airport and usually fly out of Westchester when we're going to Florida. Delta and JetBlue stopped flying out of Westchester County Airport since Covid. LaGuardia and JFK are much closer than Newark but the parking is really expensive. Newark parking is much cheaper but it's a longer drive.

Hopefully the Covid rate in Florida will continue to go down so this is more than an academic question.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We used to take a car service to and from. More relaxing that way, but expensive.

We lived in Sullivan County on the border of Orange and Ulster counties.

nimrod

TUG Member
Reaction score
At LGA, we always park at LaGuardia Marriott hotel across the street. You don't need to stay at the hotel to park there. They charge $15.95 / day, it's gated with self-parking either underground (shaded) or outdoor. Safe, reasonable and easy in/easy out. Shuttle runs very often.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Here are some ideas for parking when flying out of JFK or LGA, or even EWR:

—Take a car service to and from the airport

—Park in the JFK On-Airport Long-Term Lot 9/Economy Lot, located at Lefferts Blvd., approx. 4 miles from the terminals

—Park at an off site parking complex. For example, here is one company that services LGA & JFK:

—Park at a hotel. You can stay the night before your flight, the night your flight returns or you don’t have to stay at the hotel at all. The link below if for a company that will book this for you. I have found that you can visit the hotel’s website or even call the hotel to see if you can get a better deal. Also check Groupon for discounts.

—Find a good friend in Queens and park in his driveway for the week

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you looked into Stewart airport in Newburgh? It' probably an hour trip from Westchester and NYC. Allegiant is a popular airline that flies to many locations in Florida. $10.00 a day for long term parking.

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you looked into Stewart airport in Newburgh? It' probably an hour trip from Westchester and NYC. Allegiant is a popular airline that flies to many locations in Florida. $10.00 a day for long term parking.

Thanks. I didn't realize that Allegiant flew out of SWF. How does Allegiant compare to Spirit?

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I didn't realize that Allegiant flew out of SWF. How does Allegiant compare to Spirit?
I have never flown Spirit.. But I have flown Allegiant.

Flew Allegiant from IDA Idaho Falls to Phoenix (Mesa) AZ. Allegiant is a bare bones airline. They will nickel and dime you along the way. You will pay for every little perk you can imagine. From where you sit, how you board, bags, snacks, soft drinks, water, etc. Absolutely no entertainment. If they could they would ask you to pay for the privilege of using the bathroom. The seats are as bare bones as you can imagine with little to no seat tray. The back of the seats are bare aluminum with a fold down shelf.

Allegiant has also found a niche in flying between destinations typically like North - South routes, off the grid regional airports. Even I myself was surprised to find out that Allegiant flew out of SWF. You will also find that they fly to seasonal destinations as well. Their schedule does not lend itself to daily departure / arrivals either. They typically fly out like on a Mon and Fri, or Sun Wed Fri.

Most airlines do not like their FA's to have visible tattoo's. Allegiant does not appear to have this work rule. FWIW. Although having a visible tattoo does not mean a FA can't perform their job duties. Just sharing what I observed.