• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham Website (2020)

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Anyone have any success at doing a traveler modify on an existing reservation? How about depositing points to future years? I've tried everyday since this thing was tossed out in front of us and it seems that it just can't be done. For the deposit, I get this. Something unexpected just happened! But we've been notified and we'll get it fixed as quickly as we can.

I think this is the first time I’ve seen mention of a traveler modify not working. I will attempt to reproduce and add to our regression list. Curious, is the current traveler an owner and are you attempting to add a guest? Or owner to owner? Or guest to owner? I only ask because I know Wyndham is currently limiting guest registrations so I wonder aloud if this might be contributing to the reported issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
The new website has my current January use year points back in my old October use year (they had previously updated my use years to January.) Also, I cannot deposit points into RCI. When I try, it says I have no points.

I’ve noticed changes to my use year structure as well. I need to figure out a good way to word this regression.

Right before they moved to the new website, I had a large resale contract hit my account that had a normal CY use year whereas my original account had a Oct-Sept use year setup. They then rationalized my contracts to a CY use year in entirety after adding the resale contract - which actually gave me an extra three months to use current use year points bucket which was just fine by me - but after moving to the new website I see reference to both CY and Sept-Oct use year buckets. I need to do some homework on this and then determine how to capture.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I didn’t realize it had been removed from the previous website - but I didn’t actually use this feature but once or twice a year myself. In either case - we have it captured as an issue.

2020 had not been added, but 2019 was still there. It is only useful occasionally, but was nice to have. Hopefully it should not be to difficult to add back in. Thanks for putting it on the list.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I actually really like how it populates all the resorts in an area. I hope they keep that. It's making me want a WM membership even more ;_;. It keeps rubbing it in my face that I can't book them! My husband still hasn't started his new job due to COVID, so I still have to wait >.<

I like this feature as well, it makes me think about using other resorts when I see they are available in the same date range. If they could only display the WM resorts based upon actual availability that would be even better - even if I have to call in to book using Club Pass - I would seriously consider doing so dependent upon which resorts show up in my search results. Someone already reported this feature enhancement previously so we already have this ask in our list.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
I think this is the first time I’ve seen mention of a traveler modify not working. I will attempt to reproduce and add to our regression list. Curious, is the current traveler an owner and are you attempting to add a guest? Or owner to owner? Or guest to owner? I only ask because I know Wyndham is currently limiting guest registrations so I wonder aloud if this might be contributing to the reported issue?

Change is from Guest to Owner. Original reservation (with GC) made in November 2019 for a late July 2020 vacation. I hit modify traveler and it just goes to a Blue Club Wyndham Screen when I can then go back to link options.

Attachments

• AE25C498-4B02-43CE-B633-FEC22A19223D.jpeg
    AE25C498-4B02-43CE-B633-FEC22A19223D.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 13C0EF4C-3509-46DC-A3F1-201C59087E6A.jpeg
    13C0EF4C-3509-46DC-A3F1-201C59087E6A.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 12

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Change is from Guest to Owner. Original reservation (with GC) made in November 2019 for a late July 2020 vacation. I hit modify traveler and it just goes to a Blue Club Wyndham Screen when I can then go back to link options.

Got it. Given Wyndham is limiting guest reservations and canceling reservations assigned to guests this to me would qualify as a critical priority item to address. Agree?

Lastly, what browser, OS and device are you using to attempt this modify action?

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Got it. Given Wyndham is limiting guest reservations and canceling reservations assigned to guests this to me would qualify as a critical priority item to address. Agree?

Lastly, what browser, OS and device are you using to attempt this modify action?

I just posted the pictures from my phone, iphone 8 (via Safari). I've tried on chrome via the laptop and get the same problem. I've been trying for several days. Update, I tried with Google on the phone, same set of screens, unable to modify.

Critical, yes. Although in talking with my son (who the reservation is for) it might be better to just let Wyndham do the cancel at some point down the road versus do a change to me and then try to do a change back to him (which may not work) on his arrival date. Will be waiting to hear more about how the reopening with guest reservation cancellations is actually working. I have time. But, it is a bug that will need to be fixed.

Last edited:

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
They added floor plans under "suite details"
View attachment 20750
Nice. It seems they have only begun this process. While the link is listed for Le Belle Maison for floor plans, nothing happens when you click it. I expect it will take a number of days, if not weeks, to populate all of most of the resorts pages. (Not all had floor plans available on the old site). Also, on a positive note, the site seems much faster than the old site. It occurs to me that being able to access the floor plans directly from your reservation could be a really useful new feature.

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I just posted the pictures from my phone, iphone 8 (via Safari). I've tried on chrome via the laptop and get the same problem. I've been trying for several days. Update, I tried with Google on the phone, same set of screens, unable to modify.

Critical, yes. Although in talking with my son (who the reservation is for) it might be better to just let Wyndham do the cancel at some point down the road versus do a change to me and then try to do a change back to him (which may not work) on his arrival date. Will be waiting to hear more about how the reopening with guest reservation cancellations is actually working. I have time. But, it is a bug that will need to be fixed.

This scenario reminds me to add a “Friends and family” feature I asked for as part of the new Privileges program.

I want to start a formal enhancement list for the VIP program as part of this effort - as a separate workstream.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Nice. It seems they have only begun this process. While the link is listed for Le Belle Maison for floor plans, nothing happens when you click it. I expect it will take a number of days, if not weeks, to populate all of most of the resorts pages. (Not all had floor plans available on the old site). Also, on a positive note, the site seems much faster than the old site. It occurs to me that being able to access the floor plans directly from your reservation could be a really useful new feature.

Yes - agreed it’s in a better and more accessible spot now which adds value to the user experience. Site performance was one of the biggest complaints overall and therefore one of the primary focus areas for improvement.

Specific to accessing floorplans directly - are you saying you like the current ability to do so during availability searches? Or are you saying you would like this same ability for existing reservations?

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes - agreed it’s in a better and more accessible spot now which adds value to the user experience. Site performance was one of the biggest complaints overall and therefore one of the primary focus areas for improvement.

Specific to accessing floorplans directly - are you saying you like the current ability to do so during availability searches? Or are you saying you would like this same ability for existing reservations?

Both. I think it is essential during searches, and could be useful for existing reservations. Since i and i believe most, make reservations way in advance, when it gets closer I often have to figure out family members are staying in which suite. For a place like La Belle, there are many configurations so access from the reservations would help with that particular puzzle.

WhiskeyJack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Saw this on facebook today. Appears that in addition to adding floor plans, also coming will be new resort search enhancements and a calendar view.

Club Wyndham
May 13 at 9:00 AM ·

We have been listening intently to your feedback on our new website. You told us what you liked – the updated look, the new dashboard, and the mobile-friendly experience.

You also told us what you’d like to see improved. We’ve heard you and our teams are working hard to ensure your owner website is working for you. Floor plans are now available for your favorite destinations in Orlando, with the remainder of floor plans available to you by the end of this week. Be on the lookout for resort search enhancements coming next week and a monthly calendar view coming in June.

Your feedback helps us make your experiences better and we thank you for continuing to share your thoughts.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Both. I think it is essential during searches, and could be useful for existing reservations. Since i and i believe most, make reservations way in advance, when it gets closer I often have to figure out family members are staying in which suite. For a place like La Belle, there are many configurations so access from the reservations would help with that particular puzzle.

Got it - I will add this under our enhancement section.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
FWIW, if we're capturing enhancements... I've always thought it's be nice to be able to search for presidential only units (or exclude them).

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
20200516_123513.jpg

New website will not pull up Limetree resort. It shows 2 resorts listed and 2 spots in the map but there is not Limetree info to click on to book

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

Following up - I currently do not have any reservations that have guests assigned to try and reassign them to a current owner. I was able to modify two different reservations from owner to owner on both my laptop and my iPhone this morning without issue. Does anyone have a guest reservation that they can attempt to modify back to owner to attempt to reproduce this issue?

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
You could always make a bogus reservation, put it in a random name, then cancel the reservation since you're VIP Gold.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
You could always make a bogus reservation, put it in a random name, then cancel the reservation since you're VIP Gold.

I can and will try this but I suspect this issue has to do with a legacy transaction that already existed prior to the website migration that won’t reproduce with a net new transaction and subsequent change. I will report back soon with my results.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

Created a reservation using a guest login and then modified it to a current owner - it worked as designed from the new site on my iPhone.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I can and will try this but I suspect this issue has to do with a legacy transaction that already existed prior to the website migration that won’t reproduce with a net new transaction and subsequent change. I will report back soon with my results.

Let me do some more testing. I am now able to change owner to owner/guest on the phone for both old and new reservations. I still can't change from guest to owner on old reservations. Interestingly enough, I can't do any modifies on the laptop. Heading out at the moment but wanted to give this update. I'll do more testing later this afternoon.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Let me do some more testing. I am now able to change owner to owner/guest on the phone for both old and new reservations. I still can't change from guest to owner on old reservations. Interestingly enough, I can't do any modifies on the laptop. Heading out at the moment but wanted to give this update. I'll do more testing later this afternoon.
Results from testing on the Laptop with Chrome are very unpredictable. I did a complete Cache gut and was finally able to do owner to owner modifies. I then tried to do a guest to owner modify and it stops in its tracks. From that point on, I can't do any modifies. So, I clear the Cache and try just the guest to owner, nothing. Try to do owner to owner, nothing. Clear cache again. Can do owner to owner. At one point, I was able to modify a 2021 reservation with a guest, but, after that, things started locking up again. Couldn't replicate. Something about the way the system or my laptop is clearing things. Bottom line, however, no matter how I try to change the July reservation from guest to owner, it never work. With the exception of 1 owner to owner test, all are with reservations from before the roll out.

On the phone with Safari, more unpredictability. Can't modify any travelers. I reported earlier that I could. Now I can't

I will set up a new reservations with a GC and see what I can/can not do. That's the next test.

This is certainly not a major issue since I seem to be the only one having the problem. And, I can always call Owner Care, I'm sure they can make the change.

One the phone, now having issues with owner to owner modifies. All old reservations.

Last edited:

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Results from testing on the Laptop with Chrome are very unpredictable. I did a complete Cache gut and was finally able to do owner to owner modifies. I then tried to do a guest to owner modify and it stops in its tracks. From that point on, I can't do any modifies. So, I clear the Cache and try just the guest to owner, nothing. Try to do owner to owner, nothing. Clear cache again. Can do owner to owner. At one point, I was able to modify a 2021 reservation with a guest, but, after that, things started locking up again. Couldn't replicate. Something about the way the system or my laptop is clearing things. Bottom line, however, no matter how I try to change the July reservation from guest to owner, it never work. With the exception of 1 owner to owner test, all are with reservations from before the roll out.

On the phone with Safari, more unpredictability. Can't modify any travelers. I reported earlier that I could. Now I can't

I will set up a new reservations with a GC and see what I can/can not do. That's the next test.

This is certainly not a major issue since I seem to be the only one having the problem. And, I can always call Owner Care, I'm sure they can make the change.
From the Laptop. Last update, I was able to make a new reservation, in my name with an instant upgrade, lucky me. I logged out and went back in and modified it to a guest. Logged out, then went back in and put the reservation back in my name.

What this is telling me is that the problem may only be with older reservations. Again, I can call and have it changed, so not a major problem. More of a bug or inconvenience. Not something that is done every time a person logs in.

ladawgfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum owner at various resorts
I have multiple reservations for the same time period which are duplicated in my upcoming reservations, and others that don’t show up at all. I’ve seen a few posts from others having similar issues, but not any suggestions on how to get it corrected. This happened occasionally in the old system also, but it could be correcting by flipping the reservation date order a few times. Has anyone found a way to fix this?