• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham Website: feedback on pros/cons for formal submission to Wyndham

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Are others still having login issues? I have an owner on our account that can't login. Can't request his username (get message the information doesn't match). Can't do a password reset (get message the information doesn't match). Can't register them as a new user. VC couldn't help me, it was late, and I'm going to call tomorrow and see if someone else can figure out what's going on. Any tips appreciated, I am at a loss as to what else to do to get them access again.

TjTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA
I am a new member (resale) and it gives me an error when going to rci to look at availability.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
When I have 3 reservations at the same resort for the same date range (2 owners + guest), one of the reservations gets duplicated and hides one of the others on the "Upcoming Vacations" tab. The total number of reservations is correct, but I can't see the confirmation # for the hidden reservation or modify it.

I saw that this was partially fixed according to the information above (Regression #17), but I started experiencing this within the last week or two when I added a third reservation to certain weeks.

I did find a workaround however. If you go to "Transaction History" you can find the hidden reservation (had to get confirmation # from email to know which one it was) and click "View Transaction Details". This takes you to the page where you can modify or cancel the reservation.
I see that issue too. The issue of missing reservations should clear itself up overnight, but that didn't happen on my last one.
I am a new member (resale) and it gives me an error when going to rci to look at availability.

It can take a while for the RCI account to get set up. I've heard as long as 6 weeks, but who knows how long with COVID messing things up.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Are others still having login issues? I have an owner on our account that can't login. Can't request his username (get message the information doesn't match). Can't do a password reset (get message the information doesn't match). Can't register them as a new user. VC couldn't help me, it was late, and I'm going to call tomorrow and see if someone else can figure out what's going on. Any tips appreciated, I am at a loss as to what else to do to get them access again.

Are they trying with the same device every time? What browser are they using? The VC's are not IT folk. They can only go by a script.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
@HitchHiker71, thanks for directing me to the right spot to report these items, and to view the list of regressions, enhancements, bugs, etc.
I have 2 issues to report.

First:
Ocean Blvd.
I book a unit in Tower4. I choose the upgrade to Tower2. The final confirmation page tells me Tower3. When I go back to review it has no Tower.
So - where is my unit? I called the resort, and they can tell me unit size, but they are not allowed to tell me the Tower. Shouldn't I as the owner be able to see the Tower I booked?
Book this in Tower4:
View attachment 23761
Upgrade to this says Tower2:
View attachment 23762
Sidebar says this which looks correct as Tower2:

View attachment 23764
Immediate Confirmation page shows Tower3
View attachment 23765
and when I go back to review it has NO Tower

View attachment 23766

Second:
When I click "logout" it takes me to the down for maintenance page - every time.
Took me a few days to figure this out...I thought the site happened to be down for maintenance.
I have since cleared all history from the browser and cleared all cookies.
My work around is that I created a link to the login page. And, whenever I want to log in, I have to click the link.
This might just be a me & my browser thing - but I thought I should mention.

Item 1:

Thanks for the feedback. I would have to attempt to reproduce all of the steps in item 1 which I will attempt to do sometime soon.

Item 2:

I cannot reproduce this. When I logout from my iPhone via Safari, it takes me right back to the login page. What device, OS version, browser and browser version are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
And Third. I had the same thing happen to me that @lost patience had in this thread:
I wonder if it is a "same day" thing that is happening, or a "just booked a few minutes ago"
My niece wanted to run up to Indio tonight. So I just booked her at Indio. Booked under me (owner) - as I needed the address from her ID.
Got her address details. Went back in to add the guest certificate.
Filled it all out. The final submit took me to a mostly blue page and did NOT add the guest certificate.
I tried three times - every time. Blue page. No Guest added.
As there is availability at Indio tonight, I ended up booking another unit and putting the guest certificate on right away and that worked.
This is the page I got when I attempted to submit the guest certificate:

View attachment 23775

So the reported problem is that you cannot add a GC to an existing reservation for another owner that also exists on the account and has their own login? I only have a single login to my account so I won’t be able to repro this item. Please advise if I’m not interpreting the specific steps to repro the reported problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
item 1: I hope you can reproduce. It is disheartening to not know where I will be staying!

item 2:
I cannot reproduce this. When I logout from my iPhone via Safari, it takes me right back to the login page. What device, OS version, browser and browser version are you using?
I am using a desktop windows computer, and usually a not totally run-of-the mill-browser - this occurred in "Vivaldi" (written off Chrome base). But I have had the same thing happen when I tried Chrome and Opera. (I use many different browsers - chrome, firefox, ie, edge, opera, brave and Vivaldi - as for my day job I need multiple browsers open for testing)

item 3: I am the owner, I booked under me (the owner). I (logged in as me - owner) went back in to add the guest certificate, and could not. This one will be difficult to reproduce as you have to be ready to add a guest certificate to a reservation you just booked.

Thank you @HitchHiker71 for at least taking a look!

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Are they trying with the same device every time? What browser are they using? The VC's are not IT folk. They can only go by a script.
My nephew is using his cell phone. I tried (to login or register his account) using my laptop (macbook/chrome). I'll try more on other browsers and my cell phone. I didn't get a chance today (which is actually yesterday now) to call Wyndham. Thanks.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
My nephew is using his cell phone. I tried (to login or register his account) using my laptop (macbook/chrome). I'll try more on other browsers and my cell phone. I didn't get a chance today (which is actually yesterday now) to call Wyndham. Thanks.
This is regarding logging in to the new system. I just tried on my Samsung Note Galaxy Note9 (and using chrome on it). Same message (The combination of information you provide is incorrect. Please call ....). I get that trying to get the login name for my nephew (who had a login) or my brother-in-law (who did not). Their names are similar (but not identical). The BIL is the one I'd been trying to get added to the account for a couple years and they just got fixed a couple weeks ago. Wondering if that somehow messed things up. I dunno. Nephew has spent time on the phone with Wyndham, so have I. And no closer than we were when we started. I'll try calling again when they open.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
item 1: I hope you can reproduce. It is disheartening to not know where I will be staying!

item 2:

I am using a desktop windows computer, and usually a not totally run-of-the mill-browser - this occurred in "Vivaldi" (written off Chrome base). But I have had the same thing happen when I tried Chrome and Opera. (I use many different browsers - chrome, firefox, ie, edge, opera, brave and Vivaldi - as for my day job I need multiple browsers open for testing)

item 3: I am the owner, I booked under me (the owner). I (logged in as me - owner) went back in to add the guest certificate, and could not. This one will be difficult to reproduce as you have to be ready to add a guest certificate to a reservation you just booked.

Thank you @HitchHiker71 for at least taking a look!

The website FAQ explicitly outlines which browsers are supported:

The Club Wyndham owner website has enhanced technology that isn’t compatible with some internet browsers. For the best experience, please upgrade to the most recent version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Microsoft Edge. The website does not support Microsoft Internet Explorer, browsers that filter out code required for normal operation of the site, or browsers that are run in compatibility mode.

From a problem logging perspective, we are only submitting feedback if the reported issues can be reproduced using one of the four named browsers above. If you can repro the issue(s) using the above supported browser(s), then we will add the reported issue to our list for follow up.

Specific to item 3, which browser(s) were used when this occurred? Personally, I'm not in a position to burn a GC for testing purposes as I'm doing some renting right now to burn points and am preserving my GCs, and I don't currently have any rental bookings to process, but if I do, I'll certainly test at that time. If someone else would like to repro item 3 and report back results, it would be most appreciated. :)

@jumoe is this issue still present - in other words can you still repro this issue after waiting overnight to make the GC add? Or does this only occur immediately after?

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
This is regarding logging in to the new system. I just tried on my Samsung Note Galaxy Note9 (and using chrome on it). Same message (The combination of information you provide is incorrect. Please call ....). I get that trying to get the login name for my nephew (who had a login) or my brother-in-law (who did not). Their names are similar (but not identical). The BIL is the one I'd been trying to get added to the account for a couple years and they just got fixed a couple weeks ago. Wondering if that somehow messed things up. I dunno. Nephew has spent time on the phone with Wyndham, so have I. And no closer than we were when we started. I'll try calling again when they open.

This is a stupid question, but I have to ask for my own sanity. I assume you verified with Wyndham that all the information you are using is correct when you try to register? Wyndham member number and phone number (or contract number)? If so, I would recommend talking to the title to verify all this. The VC can only see the front end. That issue I had with the old owner's name showing up on my account, was actually on the front end. On the title's side, I was the only owner. So the issue needed to be fixed on the front end. I would verify with the title department, what they see. Verify they have all his information there. Also, verify the phone number and email are correct on their side.

neuroDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see that issue too. The issue of missing reservations should clear itself up overnight, but that didn't happen on my last one.

After five or six days, the missing reservation finally reappeared. No idea why.

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
@jumoe is this issue still present - in other words can you still repro this issue after waiting overnight to make the GC add? Or does this only occur immediately after?
Item 3: I am not able to wait overnight when my niece is at the front desk trying to check in. Browsers attempted: The oddball ones as well as Chrome, IE, Edge, and Firefox. And yes - I mentioned difficult to duplicate unless you are in the position to book, then go back and add the guest certificate. I am sure that those developing the application could do so in their local, dev, or cat environments. I have not had the issue other times... but that is not to say that it hasn't happened to others. Maybe @lost patience will chime in as they first reported it.
I will make sure to try in one of the 4 supported browsers before reporting any additional issues.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

This relates to enhancement requests #4 and #8 - both of those refer to the points displayed for the current use year, but I would like to see those enhancements for the display of future use years as well. Right now, my 2021 points show as one large point total, but there's nowhere that indicates what my normal UY point amount is. The only way for me to figure it out is to manually add up the point totals on my contract page (and I don't have them committed to memory because my odds and evens are different and I've only had this combination of contracts since last year). Since ARP reservations are frequently booked during the preceding year, it would help to see those points broken out for future years as well as the current use year. Currently the wording for my 2021 use year says "438,150 / 592,500 Available Use Year Points" - however, my 2021 UY allotment is not 592,500 points - it's 388,500 points, but that number isn't displayed anywhere on that page. (I guess #8 is more important than #4 for all of the above, though as a planner I'd like to know whether my future year's points are above or below my points deposit threshold, since I only have the first 3 months to deposit, assuming no extensions like this year.)

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Also, another ARP issue that came up for me. I wanted to see if the system would recognize my ARP converted fixed week at Flagstaff (though I don't plan to actually use it anytime in the near future). It only let me select that particular week/unit type in the ARP period, which I thought was very cool - I tried different combinations and only mine showed as a valid check-in date. But when I clicked "book" I got the "Oops, something unexpected just happened" message. This was on Chrome on Windows and mobile. (Last year was the first year I owned it and I couldn't check because I had already booked all of my 2020 points by the time the ARP window rolled around, so I have no idea how converted fixed week ARP worked in the prior system.)

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, another ARP issue that came up for me. I wanted to see if the system would recognize my ARP converted fixed week at Flagstaff (though I don't plan to actually use it anytime in the near future). It only let me select that particular week/unit type in the ARP period, which I thought was very cool - I tried different combinations and only mine showed as a valid check-in date. But when I clicked "book" I got the "Oops, something unexpected just happened" message. This was on Chrome on Windows and mobile. (Last year was the first year I owned it and I couldn't check because I had already booked all of my 2020 points by the time the ARP window rolled around, so I have no idea how converted fixed week ARP worked in the prior system.)

It would also be nice if the contract information on the My Ownership page displayed information on what the particular week/unit type was for converted fixed week contracts.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
An upgrade issue that has been discussed on the board but may not have made the list.

Situation: Looking for availability at a particular resort and it shows a 2BR lock off unit, a 1BR Deluxe and a 1BR Suite. I book the smaller component and am offered an upgrade to the 2BR LO but when I accept the upgrade, red text appears saying the 2BR LO unit is not available, presumably because I just booked part of the LO unit.

Change the situation just a little and say there are two 1BR Suites available plus a 1BR Deluxe unit and a 2BR LO. In that case, booking one of the 1BR Suites will allow an upgrade to the 2BR LO because both components of the 2BR LO are still available.

It may be one of the things we just have to live with.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
An upgrade issue that has been discussed on the board but may not have made the list.

Situation: Looking for availability at a particular resort and it shows a 2BR lock off unit, a 1BR Deluxe and a 1BR Suite. I book the smaller component and am offered an upgrade to the 2BR LO but when I accept the upgrade, red text appears saying the 2BR LO unit is not available, presumably because I just booked part of the LO unit.

Change the situation just a little and say there are two 1BR Suites available plus a 1BR Deluxe unit and a 2BR LO. In that case, booking one of the 1BR Suites will allow an upgrade to the 2BR LO because both components of the 2BR LO are still available.

It may be one of the things we just have to live with.

Jim, do you know if the VCs can book the lockoff in that situation if you call?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Jim, do you know if the VCs can book the lockoff in that situation if you call?

I called and no, they can't do it either.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I called and no, they can't do it either.

If the VCs cannot do it either - this most likely means it's a back end issue, not a front end/website issue. Not going to be fixed any time soon as a result, but we will add it to our tracker of course. :)

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If the VCs cannot do it either - this most likely means it's a back end issue, not a front end/website issue. Not going to be fixed any time soon as a result, but we will add it to our tracker of course. :)
It makes sense in a perverse kind of way -- if you take away part, the whole isn't available any more. The easy fix would be not to offer upgrades in that situation. Even that might not be easy since you don't want to take away all chances of an upgrade to a 2BR LO unit. Just when that's all that's available.

Reaction score
@jumoe @HitchHiker71 Update on issues with adding a guest name. I have needed to add guest names a couple of times in the last couple of weeks after the call center closed, but needed for checkin that night. The GP will NOT apply when I copy and paste in the guest info. BUT.... if I type in the info manually it works just fine. I am in the same situation, I do not want to use a GP unnecessarily which makes duplicating this difficult - I would like to see if I could narrow it down to which line is the one causing the issue.