• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham Website: feedback on pros/cons for formal submission to Wyndham

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
That's very interesting. I'm still unable to select a 7th night in the ARP period. When I try the reservation you got, it won't let me click on 6/26. Did you notice anything unusual when making this rez? Are you able to select a 7 night reservation at any other resorts?

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Has anyone else observed the reported issue whereby a reservation attempted at exactly 13 months out to the day isn't working because of an available points error?

Yes, if I try to book a reservation starting 6/19/21 for Ocean Boulevard (where I'm deeded) it tells me not enough points. It does the same thing even if I try to book 10 months + 1 day - that is, for me it doesn't seem to need to be 13 months out to the day, just anywhere in the ARP window.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I just tested this myself since I have CWA ARP points - about 250k left for next year - I get the same "not enough points" error when booking using 6-19-2021 as the start date for anything I choose. If anyone else can validate it would be most appreciated.
It let me mock book Bali Hai for June 19th, 2021. What resort were you trying to book?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wonder if it has something to do with multi-resort ARP - CWA as well as Myrtle Beach properties have ARP for multiple locations. But the people so far who've reported ARP working as it should are deeded at a single location.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I just tested this myself since I have CWA ARP points - about 250k left for next year - I get the same "not enough points" error when booking using 6-19-2021 as the start date for anything I choose. If anyone else can validate it would be most appreciated.
I was also able to mock book Canterbury and Margaritaville Saint Thomas. No issues there. I would try national harbor but I used all but 17,000 points for inauguration week.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
That's very interesting. I'm still unable to select a 7th night in the ARP period. When I try the reservation you got, it won't let me click on 6/26. Did you notice anything unusual when making this rez? Are you able to select a 7 night reservation at any other resorts?
Little secret. Because of the 'odd' calendar view on the laptop for the monht of June 2021, I selected 6/17/20 to 6/24/20 with flexiible dates. The 6/19 to 6/26 shows up as an option. I took that option and booked the date. Took it all the way to full reservation. I have others I can test. I'll try them on the phone.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

This is being worked on and fixed in the June release timeframe per the updated list.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Yes, if I try to book a reservation starting 6/19/21 for Ocean Boulevard (where I'm deeded) it tells me not enough points. It does the same thing even if I try to book 10 months + 1 day - that is, for me it doesn't seem to need to be 13 months out to the day, just anywhere in the ARP window.

Got it - I will test another ARP booking prior to the 13 month marker and report back soon. I own CWA ARP and also NH select (resale). I will test an ARP booking at a CWA resort (BC) and also an ARP booking at NH.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
Little secret. Because of the 'odd' calendar view on the laptop for the monht of June 2021, I selected 6/17/20 to 6/24/20 with flexiible dates. The 6/19 to 6/26 shows up as an option. I took that option and booked the date. Took it all the way to full reservation. I have others I can test. I'll try them on the phone.
I tried this again. On the phone, I can't get past April on the calendar. Back on the Laptop, after putzing with the calendar, I put in 6/19/21 and I can not select 6/26/20 as the checkout. BUT, if I put in 6/17/21 to 6/24/21 with flexible dates, I can book via the drop downs 6/19-26/21. Royal Garden Developer points. Try it......

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Got it - I will test another ARP booking prior to the 13 month marker and report back soon. I own CWA ARP and also NH select (resale). I will test an ARP booking at a CWA resort (BC) and also an ARP booking at NH.

I tested ARP using CWA - first with Seawatch using April 20-27 date range, then using Bonnet Creek, same date range. Both searches returned the same “not enough points” result.

I then tested using National Harbor - which I have a CWS deed (resale) for - same April 20-27 date range. Was able to start the booking process without issue. Next I will test a NH booking right up against the June 19-26 date range (maximum 13 months out), but now have to wait 15 minutes since I ran into the “number of transactions exceeded” result. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I tested ARP using CWA - first with Seawatch using April 20-27 date range, then using Bonnet Creek, same date range. Both searches returned the same “not enough points” result.

I then tested using National Harbor - which I have a CWS deed (resale) for - same April 20-27 date range. Was able to start the booking process without issue. Next I will test a NH booking right up against the June 19-26 date range (maximum 13 months out), but now have to wait 15 minutes since I ran into the “number of transactions exceeded” result. :)

I just tested reservation June 19-26 at National Harbor using my CWS ARP - I was able to book this date range - the maximum 13 months out date range - without issue.

Assumptions based upon my testing that require additional validation:

1. CWS ARP works without problems (at least for resorts that have singular ARP like NH - resorts in places like Myrtle Beach that have CWS multi-resort ARP still need to be tested - anyone own CWS in Myrtle Beach area?).

2. CWA ARP - I don’t seem to be able to book anywhere in the ARP window with CWA points - tested four resorts so far - same results.

If anyone can run their own tests - it would be most appreciated.

khamrick

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else observed the reported issue whereby a reservation attempted at exactly 13 months out to the day isn't working because of an available points error?
I experimented tonight with a reservation inside the 10 month window window and had no problems. If I try beyond the 10 month window, it says I don't have enough points. Therefore, the problem is that it doesn't think I have enough points for an ARP reservation.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
resorts in places like Myrtle Beach that have CWS multi-resort ARP still need to be tested - anyone own CWS in Myrtle Beach area?
I posted this above (was unable to book ARP at Ocean Boulevard for either June 19th nor earlier inside the ARP window). A few days ago I made note of it and additionally had tried at the other MB resorts with the same results.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I posted this above (was unable to book ARP at Ocean Boulevard for either June 19th nor earlier inside the ARP window). A few days ago I made note of it and additionally had tried at the other MB resorts with the same results.

To confirm you own a CWS deed at one of the Myrtle Beach resorts? Do you also own CWA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khamrick

TUG Member
Reaction score
To confirm you own a CWS deed at one of the Myrtle Beach resorts? Do you also own CWA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I own CWS at both Seawatch and Ocean Blvd and cannot book inside the ARP Window. I can book within the 10 month window. No problems with my points as the vacation planner can book ARP for me at seawatch.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own two deeds at two different HOAs at Ocean Boulevard (I also have a converted fixed week at Flagstaff). No CWA. When I was playing with it the other day, I made sure to test point requirements that wouldn't require combining the deeds (because although it should work and I've done so in the past for ARP, who knows what's tripping this issue), and even when I attempt a small enough reservation to require only one of my OB deeds, it says I don't have enough points.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I own two deeds at two different HOAs at Ocean Boulevard (I also have a converted fixed week at Flagstaff). No CWA. When I was playing with it the other day, I made sure to test point requirements that wouldn't require combining the deeds (because although it should work and I've done so in the past for ARP, who knows what's tripping this issue), and even when I attempt a small enough reservation to require only one of my OB deeds, it says I don't have enough points.

Got it - so best estimate is that ARP is not working for any/all plural ARP based ownerships - meaning whether CWS/CWA - if the ARP entitlement is scoped to more than one "home resort" - owners are unable to book in the 13-10 month ARP window. If anyone finds this not to be the case, please let me know - I'm adding this as a critical item to our tracker since not being able to book in the ARP window seems like a pretty big deal to me. I'm assuming the known workaround is to contact Owner Care to make the reservation.

EDIT: Item 22 added as a regression item with CRITICAL priority.

Last edited:

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
I think not exactly. I've made 2 ARP reservations for next year, same week and same resort One with CWS, the other with CWA. And my sister made a reservation at the same place and time using CWA points. All my points are resale, and my sister's CWA points are resale.

EDIT: In re-reading what you're describing, I'm not sure my example fits the criterion.

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
All,

Since the table I've been using is starting to get a little busy, we're switching over to posting screenshots periodically from the spreadsheet where this data is actually sourced. For those who may choose to ask - no we're not going to share the actual sheet itself - as there is data in the sheet that we're not permitted to share.

1590074207958.png

1590074221426.png

1590074246423.png

1590074255365.png

1590074265807.png

1590074278148.png

These screenshots are two days old - so there's additional data that has been added subsequently - I will plan to share updated screenshots once or twice a week depending on the rate of change.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
With regard to the 14 night booking ability- it says Complete and Fixed in TRIP on May 18. I still can’t make a 14 night reservation on computer, tablet, or phone. And I don’t know what TRIP means. Is that an IT term?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's some really impressive work. There's one item they say they've addressed but may still merit consideration. This item:
Capture.JPG

However, if someone is searching via flexible dates, the flex results initially show up as "N resorts" available and each date range needs to be expanded to see if the resort in question is one of the available results, like this:
Capture2.JPG

In my eyes, that scenario is one in which "exclude nearby resorts" would really come in handy. The requested resort does show up at the top of each of those individual lists if it's available, but only after clicking the plus and waiting for it to expand.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 4

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
That's some really impressive work. There's one item they say they've addressed but may still merit consideration. This item:
View attachment 21170
However, if someone is searching via flexible dates, the flex results initially show up as "N resorts" available and each date range needs to be expanded to see if the resort in question is one of the available results, like this:
View attachment 21169
In my eyes, that scenario is one in which "exclude nearby resorts" would really come in handy. The requested resort does show up at the top of each of those individual lists if it's available, but only after clicking the plus and waiting for it to expand.

Understood - after meeting with Wyndham IT earlier this week, and getting a chance to see the wireframes for the AC feature coming back in June timeframe - I think they're declining this enhancement request right now because if you want to "exclude nearby resorts" then the solution will be to use the AC to book. I think they are taking the approach to get the AC out before entertaining any changes to the existing booking mechanism - and then gauge feedback subsequent to the AC release to see how this feature coming back alters the existing feature requests for the date based booking mechanism.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
With regard to the 14 night booking ability- it says Complete and Fixed in TRIP on May 18. I still can’t make a 14 night reservation on computer, tablet, or phone. And I don’t know what TRIP means. Is that an IT term?

TRIP is not an agile term I'm familiar with - I'd guess it's basically a CSR - but it's possible it may not have made it into the TRIP release if there was any issue during QA sign-off. If this was the case, we should see it early next week when the next sprint releases.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t see a phone number for the resorts until after I’ve made a reservation.
When ”Exploring Resorts” they’ve removed the resorts phone number from the resorts information.
The phone number needs to be added back as before. You shouldn’t have to make a reservation to get a resorts phone number.