• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham Website: feedback on pros/cons for formal submission to Wyndham

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
After five or six days, the missing reservation finally reappeared. No idea why.

Can I ask, how many reservations did you have before the one reappeared and what resort the missing reservation was at? I had one that was missing for longer than that. I was showing 15 reservations, and that included the duplicate. When I canceled another reservation, it reappeared. I was able to get it to disappear again by booking another reservation. These were Ocean Walk reservations. It didn't do the same thing with Sea Watch.

neuroDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can I ask, how many reservations did you have before the one reappeared and what resort the missing reservation was at? I had one that was missing for longer than that. I was showing 15 reservations, and that included the duplicate. When I canceled another reservation, it reappeared. I was able to get it to disappear again by booking another reservation. These were Ocean Walk reservations. It didn't do the same thing with Sea Watch.

I had 15 or so reservations at the time. This has been an ongoing problem, as duplicates keep disappearing and reappearing regularly. It seems to me that if I don't make any reservations or cancellations for a few days, the problem eventually fixes itself. But as soon as I start changing things, the duplicates come up again. This is for Bonnet Creek.

I've resorted to keeping an Excel file with all my reservations and using the workaround that I mentioned in my previous post to access the hidden reservations.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I had 15 or so reservations at the time. This has been an ongoing problem, as duplicates keep disappearing and reappearing regularly. It seems to me that if I don't make any reservations or cancellations for a few days, the problem eventually fixes itself. But as soon as I start changing things, the duplicates come up again. This is for Bonnet Creek.

I've resorted to keeping an Excel file with all my reservations and using the workaround that I mentioned in my previous post to access the hidden reservations.
I wonder if the problem is just with Florida resorts. Let me see if I can make it happen with bonnet creek.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I wonder if the problem is just with Florida resorts. Let me see if I can make it happen with bonnet creek.

I booked two reservations sat bonnet creek. neither went missing or duplicated. Can I ask what month they were booked in?

neuroDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked two reservations sat bonnet creek. neither went missing or duplicated. Can I ask what month they were booked in?

September. The duplicates only happen with 3 overlapping reservations, so you would have to burn a GC if you want to test this.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
September. The duplicates only happen with 3 overlapping reservations, so you would have to burn a GC if you want to test this.
there are three owners on my account, so I can book 3 without using a GC. The ones I had that duplicated and went missing were in September as well. I had a 1 bedroom suite, 2 bedrooms deluxe lock off, and a 2 bedroom lock-off. I'll see if I can book three bonnet creek.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

I booked just one bonnet creek and it duplicated this time. one of the duplicates for ocean walk disappeared. Once I canceled Bonnet creek, it reappeared.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I had a problem with Panama City last week. Had 4 reservations booked, 1 of them showed twice and 1 did not show. I called and the VC's can see them accurately, so had them cancel one I did not need and put appropriate names on the others. I also had a hot mess with reservations in Hawaii in June. Those all were cancelled, but the duplicates, triplicates, and missing was quite a mess. So, no, not only Florida resorts.

Any more, when in doubt, I call and have VC verify accuracy.

troy12n

Reaction score
I have been a lurker here for about a year, there's good insight. I just registered because I am so fed up with the new website.

I was hoping some or all of my complaints would be addressed between May or whenever the old website went away and now.

Here are some of the most frustrating issues.
1. There's no way to see how many current use year points I have left, or what is available for next year.
- under the old system, I saw all my points PER CONTRACT (I have 4), how many points I have left. This is important to me because two of my contracts are bonus contracts and one expires this year... without calling I have no idea how many points I need to use before 9/30 (when my use year ends)
- the system currently does not show my bonus contract for next year, just the total number of points I have in my other contracts

2. When browsing resorts, under the old webpage I could browse the map for resorts, select one on the map, right click and open in a new window, I could have several windows open to browse availability. And at the end of the day you could use the back button to get to your initial search Not now...
- Now trying to right click and open one of the resorts you searched results in the resort being opened in a "default user" context, IE: not logged in... logging in brings you back to the default resorts page, not the resort page you selected
- When you DO have a resort open in your logged in user context, and use the back button you go back to the default "resorts" page ,with the nationwide map. It does not save search results
- This has frustrated me to no ending and it makes trying to book vacations and browse availability more time consuming

I work in IT and it's pretty obvious the designers of this webpage did not do any Q/A or user surveys prior to designing the new UI, and the fact that it launched without basic functionality (the calendar) even present tells me this was a rushed launch and the only reason there wasn't a full revolt is because of COVID and nobody travelling...

Also hen browsing dates, randomly get "Something unexpected just happened! But we've been notified and we'll get it fixed as quickly as we can." nonsense... re-doing the search sometimes fixes that

Thanks in advance, I do not know if some of these are being addressed or not

Last edited:

sjdanb

Reaction score
I sent in my comments about the new Wyndham website awhile ago and can't find my post. Anyway, I truly appreciate all of the ideas, pros, cons, etc. you and some others have posted. I hope to look at each of your many points and perhaps make some comments pertaining to specific items. Again, thank you for all of the work you and others have put into this endeavor.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Craig, I'm hoping you'll be able to get this information to someone who can rectify something that's a major problem at Emerald Grande for us, our guests and all the staff at the front desk.

Those of us who've owned prior to May 2017 will remember how we used to sometimes make split reservations. Meaning it showed as the reservation as split between two different units. Sometimes the resorts would be able to keep you in the same unit but there was no guarantee that you wouldn't have to move units when you had a spit reservation. It would be extremely helpful if they could bring this feature back for Emerald Grande inventory..

I started a thread titled Emerald Grande that explains more about the problem.

neuroDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
According to a Wyndham rep that I just spoke to, we should be able to opt-in and opt-out of VIP upgrades for existing reservations through the website. I haven't found any way to actually do it, so I'm assuming this is a regression. I don't believe this has been addressed at all, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
According to a Wyndham rep that I just spoke to, we should be able to opt-in and opt-out of VIP upgrades for existing reservations through the website. I haven't found any way to actually do it, so I'm assuming this is a regression. I don't believe this has been addressed at all, but please correct me if I'm wrong.
Added to the regression list.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I complained no end about the Voyager reservation list being upside-down. Now, I'll complain about having to scroll down the list three at a time. Then, if you want to go back to that reservation, you have to start at the top again.

I would like to see a list of reservations, no photos, with relevant data about the reservations. Click on the reservation to modify/cancel it.

And, a back arrow that takes you back to the last page you were on, not the top of the list.

jcraycraft

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree with the above
OR
Traveler and Points used on the list so that i don't have to drill down to the details in the first place

troy12n

Reaction score
And, a back arrow that takes you back to the last page you were on, not the top of the list.

This is one of my chief complaints, clicking "back" always takes you back to the generic page you were on, such as resorts, or reservations, it does not take you to the previously viewed page. They should be able to do this with cookies, this is 2020 and this webpage is acting like it's 1998 again with respects to a lot of functionality.

Like, I was just viewing a resort in North Carolina... that's cool, let me take you to a search which includes Pagosa Springs and Avon... makes complete sense

Also as previously mentioned, there is no ability to right click on a resort and open it in a new tab or window AND it maintain your logged in context. It opens the window in the context of a public, non-owner, which is frustrating to no end to me.

Again, functionality we had before, and lost.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I don't like how hard it is to look for a specific resort, like Wyndham Shearwater to book ahead. Just try typing in Shearwater, and you cannot believe stuff that comes up, BESIDES, Shearwater. It's a terrible "upgrade." Makes me wonder what other issues there are and why I cannot find inventory.

I haven't liked the website since the big update that took away easy upgrades. It's been downhill since that upgrade. I am going to be using Wyndham points for more RCI exchanges. We are platinum, so the exchanges have been pretty great through the points' side of things (lots of Maui showing up at 10 months). Weeks are not a good deal with Wyndham points. I can do better with weeks with my regular weeks' account.

Wyndham doesn't care about platinum owners anymore. I never get upgrades, when I request them, but I get them through RCI exchanges.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I don't like how hard it is to look for a specific resort, like Wyndham Shearwater to book ahead. Just try typing in Shearwater, and you cannot believe stuff that comes up, BESIDES, Shearwater. It's a terrible "upgrade." Makes me wonder what other issues there are and why I cannot find inventory.

I haven't liked the website since the big update that took away easy upgrades. It's been downhill since that upgrade. I am going to be using Wyndham points for more RCI exchanges. We are platinum, so the exchanges have been pretty great through the points' side of things (lots of Maui showing up at 10 months). Weeks are not a good deal with Wyndham points. I can do better with weeks with my regular weeks' account.

Wyndham doesn't care about platinum owners anymore. I never get upgrades, when I request them, but I get them through RCI exchanges.

I almost always get instant upgrades (that's why I book them!), Since I rarely book inside 60 days unless I get an instant upgrade, I don't have a lot to say about upgrades to reservations made inside the 60 day window.

I've received some upgrades to other reservations. We're in one now. I booked a 2BR unit in the North Tower at Seawatch and got upgraded to a 3BR Deluxe in the South Tower. Unit 1510 -- three bedrooms, two baths, 45 foot wide balcony, two people. We are doing just fine, thank you!

Oh! I tried to rent it. I had a 2BR Presidential at Bonnet Creek for the same dates and would have been happy to go there.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

I'm VIP gold. No issues here getting upgrades and discounts. If you're expecting to get upgraded to a four-bedroom presidential in clearwater, or a presidential suite at Bonnet Creek over Chrismas or New years, it's not going to happen. Prime season and major holidays at popular locations are hard to get upgraded. Also, the larger the room, the harder it is to get upgraded because there are fewer of the big rooms. So it's easy to get upgraded from a studio to a 1 bedroom at the 60-day mark. a three-bedroom deluxe to a four-bedroom deluxe, not so much. About 80% of my reservations are booked at a discount and/or upgraded. I booked Towers on the grove earlier this week for next week. I booked a 1 bedroom oceanfront (at a discount) and upgraded to a 3 bedroom deluxe. Earlier this month we went to Fairfield glade. I booked a couple 2 bedrooms at a discount and upgraded them both to four bedrooms. Last year, we booked a couple of two bedrooms at a discount during the prime season in Williamsburg. Both got upgraded to 3 bedrooms. Most of my discounted and upgraded reservations are high season, but a few have been prime.

if you're looking from the "Explore resorts" page, it's using a google search engine. Use the magnifying glass at the top and start to type the name of the resort, as you're typing it will try to figure out which resort you're looking for and give you the option to click on it.

1598553463758.png

1598553506324.png

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

If I type in Shearwater in the website search box, shearwater is the first hit:

12e8648defa60e68d499b7e733f6277b.jpg

Which upgrade are you referring to exactly?

Since the point values of the resorts literally never change, I’m not understanding your point here. It’s not like the resorts cost any more or less points now than they did ten years ago. Perhaps what you mean is that some of the newer resorts cost more points?

Are you saying that you can book the same Wyndham resorts through RCI for fewer points than using Wyndham points via CWP? I haven’t gone down this road yet myself.

I’m a VIPP and I frequently receive upgrades, both instant upgrades and requested upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I complained no end about the Voyager reservation list being upside-down. Now, I'll complain about having to scroll down the list three at a time. Then, if you want to go back to that reservation, you have to start at the top again.

I would like to see a list of reservations, no photos, with relevant data about the reservations. Click on the reservation to modify/cancel it.

We will add arrow functions - probably something along the line of “previous search results” and “next search results” or something similar.

You can see a list of just reservations in the translation history section without photos and relevant data:

454e28d7367b2cc1e969f07c3f1ea607.jpg

We have an enhancement request already logged to allow for the above section to be customized as a dashboard function with the fields that each owner deems important for their specific use cases.

The browser back button not working is by design due to security constraints. Same with not allowing for launching new windows by default when using existing authentication credentials. That said - we will add this to the enhancement list as well.

Last edited:

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
If I type in Shearwater in the website search box, shearwater is the first hit:

12e8648defa60e68d499b7e733f6277b.jpg

Which upgrade are you referring to exactly?

Since the point values of the resorts literally never change, I’m not understanding your point here. It’s not like the resorts cost any more or less points now than they did ten years ago. Perhaps what you mean is that some of the newer resorts cost more points?

Are you saying that you can book the same Wyndham resorts through RCI for fewer points than using Wyndham points via CWP? I haven’t gone down this road yet myself.

I’m a VIPP and I frequently receive upgrades, both instant upgrades and requested upgrades.

Yes, what I think she’s saying is there’s been some success depositing and receiving a VIPP upgraded points unit in the Wyndham RCI portal. She can then search for some discounted Hawaii exchanges vs booking an internal Club Wyndham unit.

There’s limited Kauai and Maui inventory at her preferred resorts (some aren’t Wyndham). It’s cheaper if you can stay at least 3 weeks at a time, while paying a single RCI exchange fee if the desired unit size and resort has availability for up to a 21 night stay with RCI nightly stays.

Example: a VIPP owner can deposit and book a Wyndham Shearwater 2Br unit at 10 months for 205K plus an RCI exchange fee vs waiting until inside the VIP window to “hopefully” get that same week for 200k (lower level), 225k (middle level) or 250K (upper level Presidential). Shearwater has very limited availability within the VIP discount window, so planning well in advance allows one to lock in the discounted Wyndham (RCI portal) points cost.

Internal Maui (whether it’s an Outrigger or a WM Kihei via Club Pass) inventory is too expensive and unpredictable to plan ahead for Wyndham points discounts. So depositing Wyndham points into the RCI portal and waiting at 10 months allows her to get a non-Wyndham Maui 2Br unit for 205K per week (or less if she tries to get an upgraded value season RCI points deposit).

She also has an RCI weeks account and occasionally there are better exchanges at her preferred resorts. I don’t know if she has and/or uses the RCI points system.