• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham Website: feedback on pros/cons for formal submission to Wyndham

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
For me, a color code with legend would actually be more visually helpful than the small circled letter codes that they used on the previous website.

Recent items discussed here have been added to our enhancements section, screenshot below for reference. After giving it some more thought, I drafted items 21 & 22 for the new calendar view. Give them a once over and please provide feedback.

1592424672099.png

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
The old points calculator was relatively simple. You would pick a date range and it would then show you how many points you had eligible for that date range. That's it in a nutshell. What I'm trying to envision for the new website is a replacement that would eliminate the need for the points calculator function. In the Points Summary area (screenshot for reference), right now there's the general amount of points available for each use year:

View attachment 22215

What I'm ideating on is a drill down for each use year. So the "Current Use Year" would be a clickable link with a descriptor hover-over that says "Click here for a breakdown of your Current Use Year points by type," or something similar. When you click on that link, it opens up a section that displays something like this:

Current Use Year - Advanced Reservation Priority Points Available for reservations from startdate to enddate: ARPpointsavailable
Current Use Year - Standard Reservation Window points available for reservations from startdate to enddate: STDpointsavailable
Current Use Year - Express Reservation Window points available for reservations from startdate to enddate: EXPpointsavailable

The same links would be available and would display the same information for your future use years as well. We bounced around the idea of also providing buttons to book in this area - particularly for CWS owners that have ARP at a specific resort - and RARP at a specific resort - these buttons would take you to either the calendar view in the ARP date range - or you would input a date range via a "select date range" button and it would launch an availability search right from that area for your specified date range.

Please provide feedback on this item as we need further ideation to vet out this enhancement request.

So in your scenario where you said:

What would have prevented you from booking right then? Obviously you could see the availability already at that time - so why wait to book? Were you waiting to book at a resort where you didn't have ARP? Or were you waiting for the Express or VIP discount windows to book?

In any case, we also touched on borrowing an idea from RCI for Ongoing Searches - but for CWP resorts. So if you performed a search for a resort that had no availability - you could save that search as an Ongoing Search - and it would then keep searching for you and if that particular search became available - you would receive an email notification that your ongoing search was fulfilled - and it would then either automatically book it for you if you had enough points available - or you would have up to x hours to resolve the ongoing search match before the inventory was returned to the pool.

I also like your idea of having a Saved Searches function - whereby you could set up searches that would not process until a future date. Once that date arrives - you would receive an email notification indicating if there was any availability (basically it would process a normal date range search with the "flexible" option automatically enabled) - and if not - did you want to set up an Ongoing Search to keep looking?

Your idea for a Notes area would probably be a good idea for the mobile app ideation section, I will add it to that section. Basically a "Live Your Bucket List" free form section for each scheduled vacation and/or resort. There was talk at one point of Wyndham coordinating scheduled excursions in advance - so this same section could have excursion options listed that you could sign up for ahead of time - and would then be listed in in this same area.

In my scenario for waiting it is where I don't have ARP and need to wait until standard booking opens up. But the same could go for folks who are waiting for discount windows.

I love the idea of bringing in some sort of OGS like RCI.

On the push notification idea, I would just want something where I could click a resort name and schedule a reminder to either text or email me on a date that I either enter or select from a calendar. And a free form line for text would be great. For Example, I'm looking at Shearwater and I click something to add a reminder for myself to make a reservation at my 10 month mark (since I don't have ARP), and have the ability to type in a little line about "make reservation for my nephew Douglas' wedding" . Or maybe it wouldn't need to be attached to a resort at all, maybe just somewhere out there. I don't know, just spitballing.

I have every expectation that once it's actually released - we will see some bugs and there will be fixes to be documented and submitted. I also already see some ideas on enhancements. We will keep the feedback loops open as we move forward.

One of the items that was discussed on yesterday's call was an option to basically pick a date range and to see ALL matching availability across the entire system. There was hesitation from the back office team on this item from a performance standpoint. We also learned that the "My Dates are Flexible" checkbox was a tall order and this almost didn't make it into the initial release for various reasons. When we brought up the "My Duration Is Flexible" option, that's when this was brought to our attention from the PDM. That said, we did walk the PDM through the justification for the duration function - so we'll see where it leads.

Maybe by region or by experience type (beach, mountain, city, etc) so it doesn't chug? I really like this idea, though!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
In my scenario for waiting it is where I don't have ARP and need to wait until standard booking opens up. But the same could go for folks who are waiting for discount windows.

I love the idea of bringing in some sort of OGS like RCI.

On the push notification idea, I would just want something where I could click a resort name and schedule a reminder to either text or email me on a date that I either enter or select from a calendar. And a free form line for text would be great. For Example, I'm looking at Shearwater and I click something to add a reminder for myself to make a reservation at my 10 month mark (since I don't have ARP), and have the ability to type in a little line about "make reservation for my nephew Douglas' wedding" . Or maybe it wouldn't need to be attached to a resort at all, maybe just somewhere out there. I don't know, just spitballing.

Maybe by region or by experience type (beach, mountain, city, etc) so it doesn't chug? I really like this idea, though!

Thanks for the feedback. Yes we also discussed by vacation type - i.e. beaches, mountains, cities - and/or by seasons - winter, spring, summer, fall. We also discussed the fact that the sales organization would find this handy during presentations - being able to demo the ability to search by vacation type and/or seasons. This type of preferential search would limit the hit to the system - while also allowing owners to search across regions more easily. So for example, beaches would include places like Hawaii, Fiji, Florida/Carolinas, California, Caribbean. These resorts span multiple regions yet still limit the search scope to a reasonable number of resorts per vacation type.

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
Attitash Mountain Village
Recent items discussed here have been added to our enhancements section, screenshot below for reference. After giving it some more thought, I drafted items 21 & 22 for the new calendar view. Give them a once over and please provide feedback.

Regarding item #21, would it be better to color code the calendar square (background) instead of the date number? I think colored calendar squares would stand out more than colored date numbers. And gray squares could indicate dates outside your available booking window...

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
Regarding item #21, would it be better to color code the calendar square (background) instead of the date number? I think colored calendar squares would stand out more than colored date numbers. And gray squares could indicate dates outside your available booking window...

I agree with this. Same comment for item #22, color code the background of the text box being displayed. It can often be difficult to distinguish colors on small font characters especially when there is only a single character. Probably less of an issue on 22 but visually I always prefer background color highlighting to foreground.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
@Richelle @HitchHiker71 I had a problem with Points Deposit today that I don't see documented although I may have missed it. I was using my MacBook running OS 10.15.5 and Safari 13.1.1. On the Points Deposit screen, I could enter the points to deposit and select the UY but then there was no Continue button to click. I wasn't getting any kind of error, there was just no button at all to continue the transaction. I logged out and back in a couple of times with the same result. I tried it on my iPhone XS (iOS 13.5.1) and I positioned the screen at just the right location, I got a Continue button but if I scrolled just slightly, it went away. I was afraid to complete the transaction, so I went to my last device, my iPad (2019 model) and tried it there. It worked just as it should so I completed the points deposit on that device.

If this has been addressed above, I apologize for the duplication.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

View attachment 22230
Regarding #18, if there are 5 1BR units, I do not want to see them 5 times. If there was a field that indicated how many, that would be nice, but I'm sure I don't want to see the same room type repeated multiple times.
Regarding the discussion on color - red/green are not not good color choices for those who are color blind. You can use one or the other, but not both.

Thanks for the details and keeping us updated.

JimmieJames1

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Beach Vacation Club
Wyndham Canterbury/Nat Harbor
It would be nice if when returning to the site it would automatically revert to the log in screen if the session has timed out like voyager did - now it returns to the screen you were previously on and until you attempt to do something you don'k know if you are still active or if you have to go back and again log in.

It would also be nice on the listing of reservations when loaded by threes and you select a reservation to look at and go back to the listing it would show all reservations without having to reload them by threes from the beginning again. And you have already addressed the listing of more info on the reservation list.

For my use it is certainly far superior to voyager operation and getting better thanks to you fellows - thanks much !!!

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Hey TUGgers ... I haven't been able to dedicate as much as my life to TUG this year as I have in the past (been busy prepping for my new career after my IT job of 25 years was outsourced offshore last summer )...that's not why I'm here now though, so I'll leave it there before I start whining about it. Tonight I'm here to whine about Wyndham.

Forgive me for not reading thru the hundreds of posts about the new site. I really just have a (hopefully) quick question or 2.

Did they do away with VIP instant upgrades? Or is it something they broke and are working on fixing?

I noticed the new site a few weeks back... logged in to search for something and immediately hated the it just as much as the upgrade a few years back. It's prettier though. Today it seems to function better than it did when I first tried. Looks nicer on my mobile devices too.

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Hey TUGgers ... I haven't been able to dedicate as much as my life to TUG this year as I have in the past (been busy prepping for my new career after my IT job of 25 years was outsourced offshore last summer )...that's not why I'm here now though, so I'll leave it there before I start whining about it. Tonight I'm here to whine about Wyndham.

Forgive me for not reading thru the hundreds of posts about the new site. I really just have a (hopefully) quick question or 2.

Did they do away with VIP instant upgrades? Or is it something they broke and are working on fixing?

I noticed the new site a few weeks back... logged in to search for something and immediately hated the it just as much as the upgrade a few years back. It's prettier though. Today it seems to function better than it did when I first tried. Looks nicer on my mobile devices too.
Not sure what is going on with the instant upgrades. I had to call the other day, the 1st VC couldn't do it, either. Guess it was a good thing we got disconnected while they were working on it. Calling back the VC was able to do it, no problem. So... to answer your question, they did not do away with them, but doesn't look like they are functioning well.

With this new system, the VC's have different capabilities than we do. I've been calling a lot more lately and the VC's have been great at getting things done that we can't.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
@Richelle @HitchHiker71 I had a problem with Points Deposit today that I don't see documented although I may have missed it. I was using my MacBook running OS 10.15.5 and Safari 13.1.1. On the Points Deposit screen, I could enter the points to deposit and select the UY but then there was no Continue button to click. I wasn't getting any kind of error, there was just no button at all to continue the transaction. I logged out and back in a couple of times with the same result. I tried it on my iPhone XS (iOS 13.5.1) and I positioned the screen at just the right location, I got a Continue button but if I scrolled just slightly, it went away. I was afraid to complete the transaction, so I went to my last device, my iPad (2019 model) and tried it there. It worked just as it should so I completed the points deposit on that device.

If this has been addressed above, I apologize for the duplication.

The continue button was sort of grayed out after I entered the amount of points I wanted to deposit. I had to click elsewhere on the screen to get it to be clickable. Clicking on the continue button twice did the trick too. I did mention that but I don’t think it’s documented. I am not sure if the cause of that, is the cause if your issue too. I would recommend trying to clear website data and close out of all browser tabs and safari before going back in again. Hopefully that helps.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
The continue button was sort of grayed out after I entered the amount of points I wanted to deposit. I had to click elsewhere on the screen to get it to be clickable. Clicking on the continue button twice did the trick too. I did mention that but I don’t think it’s documented. I am not sure if the cause of that, is the cause if your issue too. I would recommend trying to clear website data and close out of all browser tabs and safari before going back in again. Hopefully that helps.
Well, I actually moved all my remaining points for this year so I can’t try it. On the Points Deposit screen I now get the message, “The points deposit window for your membership has expired.Points may only be deposited within the first 3 months of your current use year.”

The message is actually incorrect in my situation. I am silver VIP so I normally have 6 months to deposit my points, not 3. But, regardless, I don’t have any available to deposit right now. I do have 2 trips planned later this year and if things don’t change dramatically for the better with the coronavirus, I’ll be cancelling those and need to deposit them in a future year. I’ll see what happens if/when we get that point.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Well, I actually moved all my remaining points for this year so I can’t try it. On the Points Deposit screen I now get the message, “The points deposit window for your membership has expired.Points may only be deposited within the first 3 months of your current use year.”

The message is actually incorrect in my situation. I am silver VIP so I normally have 6 months to deposit my points, not 3. But, regardless, I don’t have any available to deposit right now. I do have 2 trips planned later this year and if things don’t change dramatically for the better with the coronavirus, I’ll be cancelling those and need to deposit them in a future year. I’ll see what happens if/when we get that point.

I get the same message and I’m gold. I should probably add that to the list. Might confuse or upset people.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
REGRESSIONS

1593633755496.png

1593633774982.png

1593633788255.png

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
BUGS

1593633937072.png

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
ENHANCEMENTS

1593634194508.png

1593634207520.png

1593634223621.png

1593634234645.png

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
CONTENT MANAGEMENT

1593634329862.png

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

View attachment 22230

In addition to what you put in #21, add a color code that indicates those days are invalid check out dates. For example, when you book in the standard booking window, most resorts have a minimum 3-night requirement. So if your check-in date is the 1st, the 2nd and 3rd cannot be chosen as check out dates. Maybe color them in red. Some resorts require a full week. Usually, those are associate or affiliate locations. Maybe in the legend, they can put something like, "These dates are not valid check-out dates due to minimum night requirements". Right now, those dates are crossed off, so it looks like those dates are booked, instead of not being valid check out dates.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

The problem I see with # 18, is if the owner doesn't specify a unit type, and there are 30 one-bedroom units available. You have to scroll down 30 rooms to see if there are 2 or 3 bedrooms. If you're looking to see what upgrades are available, you're not going to search by room type. I know RCI displays the available rooms the way you described, but I am not sure this would be a good option. Especially if someone is booking in the low season when there is a ton of inventory. I like the idea of knowing how many are available. Perhaps instead of listing 5 1-bedrooms, instead put "5 available" next to it as they do on some hotel sites.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

I added this to the list.

neuroDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I have 3 reservations at the same resort for the same date range (2 owners + guest), one of the reservations gets duplicated and hides one of the others on the "Upcoming Vacations" tab. The total number of reservations is correct, but I can't see the confirmation # for the hidden reservation or modify it.

I saw that this was partially fixed according to the information above (Regression #17), but I started experiencing this within the last week or two when I added a third reservation to certain weeks.

I did find a workaround however. If you go to "Transaction History" you can find the hidden reservation (had to get confirmation # from email to know which one it was) and click "View Transaction Details". This takes you to the page where you can modify or cancel the reservation.

Last edited:

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
@HitchHiker71, thanks for directing me to the right spot to report these items, and to view the list of regressions, enhancements, bugs, etc.
I have 2 issues to report.

First:
Ocean Blvd.
I book a unit in Tower4. I choose the upgrade to Tower2. The final confirmation page tells me Tower3. When I go back to review it has no Tower.
So - where is my unit? I called the resort, and they can tell me unit size, but they are not allowed to tell me the Tower. Shouldn't I as the owner be able to see the Tower I booked?
Book this in Tower4:
1595092373007.png

Upgrade to this says Tower2:
1595092425483.png

Sidebar says this which looks correct as Tower2:

1595092493348.png

Immediate Confirmation page shows Tower3
1595092550134.png

and when I go back to review it has NO Tower

1595092744475.png

Second:
When I click "logout" it takes me to the down for maintenance page - every time.
Took me a few days to figure this out...I thought the site happened to be down for maintenance.
I have since cleared all history from the browser and cleared all cookies.
My work around is that I created a link to the login page. And, whenever I want to log in, I have to click the link.
This might just be a me & my browser thing - but I thought I should mention.

Attachments

• 1595092457442.png
    1595092457442.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 6

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
And Third. I had the same thing happen to me that @lost patience had in this thread:
I wonder if it is a "same day" thing that is happening, or a "just booked a few minutes ago"
My niece wanted to run up to Indio tonight. So I just booked her at Indio. Booked under me (owner) - as I needed the address from her ID.
Got her address details. Went back in to add the guest certificate.
Filled it all out. The final submit took me to a mostly blue page and did NOT add the guest certificate.
I tried three times - every time. Blue page. No Guest added.
As there is availability at Indio tonight, I ended up booking another unit and putting the guest certificate on right away and that worked.
This is the page I got when I attempted to submit the guest certificate:

1595119928294.png