• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham Website: feedback on pros/cons for formal submission to Wyndham

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Duration Flexibility is important and would be an add over what we had before. Tough question for me to ask given the amount of time you have spent on this, but, will Wyndham be letting some of those adamant about bringing the calendar back actually test the calendar? No offense, but, you had little value in the calendar and are probably not the correct person to be testing it.

I wasn’t the only person who was viewing the new feature and providing input, I’m merely sharing a couple of screenshots of the MVP 1.0 calendar view release. It will improve iteratively once released based upon live feedback. It’s not a once and done - it’s an agile dev process over time with a basic release coming next week.

We will keep the duration option on the list for now and then revisit as we move forward. I tend to agree the duration checkbox would still be useful for those of us who have a general date range in mind but are flexible on a +/- number of days for the actual stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
The way this calendar looks doesn't appear to have the functionality that people are missing from the previous availability calendar. This does look like it would be easy to plug in different spans of specific dates on one interface. What it doesn't appear to show (at least not in the screenshot) is that, for instance, I'm looking at June and seeing that the last full week and every Thursday night have no availability at all, so I know to try to book a 6-night stay starting on Friday in the early part of the month. This looks like you'd still have to ascertain that by trial and error.

It’s a different system so it’s not going to be exactly the same. What specifically do you mean by it doesn’t appear to have functionality that people are missing? You will be able to sort by room type specific to the resort on demand. So for example in the drop-down in the screenshot for Clearwater you could choose one, two or four bedroom, and the monthly view will only display availability matched to the specific room type. Or leave it at the default “all suites”.

One item that was not implemented in MVP 1.0 is the letters designating the type of booking window (express, standard, advanced) because focus groups showed that most users had no idea what these actually meant and had no idea how to use them. We spoke at some length about this today and have other ideation sessions planned as it relates to the old points calculator that may be replaced by a new area on the owner dashboard that simply displays the data for each owner that the points calculator would normally show, based upon account contract ownership.

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I think I would mostly default to the calendar view (assuming the old calendar view functionality is restored). The only exception might be if I want to stay in an area that has multiple resorts (like Orlando). In this use case, searching by location with flexible dates and flexible duration would be useful. Any other case and I think I'd default to calendar view.

Agreed and thanks for the feedback. Please keep it coming.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
What specifically do you mean by it doesn’t appear to have functionality that people are missing?

The previous calendar would show rough availability without putting any dates in. You could then decide what dates to check based on the general availability you could see on the calendar. If you could tell from the availability calendar that there was no more than a 2-night stay in a given month and you wanted to stay 4-5 nights, you could move on to a different resort or a different month to try to find what you need.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The verbiage "Select your check-in and check-out dates on the calendar to view available suites here" seems to indicate the ability to view availability without choosing specific dates is not available in at least this version of the calendar. Wyndham is creating some expectations by promoting this calendar, but if people still need to enter their own dates to view availability I think it's going to leave a lot of people disappointed.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
The previous calendar would show rough availability without putting any dates in. You could then decide what dates to check based on the general availability you could see on the calendar. If you could tell from the availability calendar that there was no more than a 2-night stay in a given month and you wanted to stay 4-5 nights, you could move on to a different resort or a different month to try to find what you need.

That’s exactly what the first screenshot I shared is actually showing. No dates are selected and “all suites” is the default and it’s showing any/all available dates for the July 2021 month selected. It’s behaving in the exact same manner as the old system did AFAIK.

The second screenshot then shows what you see once you actually choose a date range on the monthly calendar in the right hand viewing pane.

It’s a bit different of a look and feel for sure, but I’ve used the calendar view quite a bit to make reservations on the old system and IME this new calendar actually works better than the previous calendar.

Last edited:

GRapuser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai Villas, Glacier Canyon, Club Wyndham Access
I thought the same thing about not being able to see availability just by looking, but then I noticed that some dates are crossed off. I'm assuming this means that they are unavailable, and that would mostly solve the issue.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That’s exactly what the first screenshot I shared is actually showing. No dates are selected and “all suites” is the default and it’s showing any/all available dates for the July 2021 month selected. It’s behaving in the exact same manner as the old system did AFAIK.
emoji3.png
Hopefully I was just reading it wrong, then. Are some of the dates in the earlier part of the month bolded and/or greyed out? They all looked the same to me, but if I squint maybe I see some difference in the typeface. I assumed that the crossed out dates at the end of the month were unbookable because they're too far out (July 2021 would be the far end of ARP right now, or at least if those screenshots were taken around June 13th), not as an example of the availability calendar as it would appear for bookable dates.

Edit: or are all the dates in the earlier part of the month showing available because every single date is available at this point? In which case, it's not a very good visual example of what's coming. It would help to see a month where some dates are booked full.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I thought the same thing about not being able to see availability just by looking, but then I noticed that some dates are crossed off. I'm assuming this means that they are unavailable, and that would mostly solve the issue.

Good eye, the crossed off dates indicate no availability in both screenshots - one for July and one for April. This test account was a PR so it could actually see availability 14 months out into August.

The dates available are bolded, the dates not available and grayed out and struck through.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Hopefully I was just reading it wrong, then. Are some of the dates in the earlier part of the month bolded and/or greyed out? They all looked the same to me, but if I squint maybe I see some difference in the typeface. I assumed that the crossed out dates at the end of the month were unbookable because they're too far out (July 2021 would be the far end of ARP right now, or at least if those screenshots were taken around June 13th), not as an example of the availability calendar as it would appear for bookable dates.

Edit: or are all the dates in the earlier part of the month showing available because every single date is available at this point? In which case, it's not a very good visual example of what's coming. It would help to see a month where some dates are booked full.

Yes the dates unavailable are grayed out and struck through, and the available dates are bolded. It will be more obvious live - the screenshot loses a bit of luster. The screenshots were taken this afternoon live during a review session. It’s a staging environment so it’s not working against the production systems. It’s using the same UI calendar design element that is used elsewhere AFAIK.

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
One item that was not implemented in MVP 1.0 is the letters designating the type of booking window (express, standard, advanced) because focus groups showed that most users had no idea what these actually meant and had no idea how to use them.
This surprises me. I'm a fairly new owner and I definitely used the calendar designations to determine when my booking windows would open up.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes the dates unavailable are grayed out and struck through, and the available dates are bolded. It will be more obvious live - the screenshot loses a bit of luster. The screenshots were taken this afternoon live during a review session. It’s a staging environment so it’s not working against the production systems. It’s using the same UI calendar design element that is used elsewhere AFAIK.

I think where it lost me is that in both of those situations, the dates that are struck through (I did see them) are also unavailable because they are outside of the allowable booking window - the July screenshot because it's past the end of ARP, and the April screenshot because it's past the 14-night length of stay for the check-in date. So I will take your word for it that that's how a fully booked night would appear as well when simply looking for availability, but I can't say that's what those screenshots are conveying to me.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
This surprises me. I'm a fairly new owner and I definitely used the calendar designations to determine when my booking windows would open up.

Let’s piece this apart so we can better understand the use case. Did you use this function because it was the only place you could actually see this data on the old site? One of the only other places that I knew of on the old site see this data was the points calculator. You could choose a date range and then the points calculator would show you the amount of points you had eligible for that time period.

During today’s review session we discussed the regression item to bring back the points calculator. We then discussed a possible replacement for the points calculator function that would be displayed on the owner dashboard instead, in an effort to eliminate the need for the points calculator function.

Basically a widget displaying categorized points for each home resort by booking window (std, RARP, ARP) with clickable links to book using the points in scope. This concept needs more ideation and some wireframes to be clear.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I think where it lost me is that in both of those situations, the dates that are struck through (I did see them) are also unavailable because they are outside of the allowable booking window - the July screenshot because it's past the end of ARP, and the April screenshot because it's past the 14-night length of stay for the check-in date. So I will take your word for it that that's how a fully booked night would appear as well when simply looking for availability, but I can't say that's what those screenshots are conveying to me.

We saw other examples with unavailable singular dates mid week so I know it’s not just displaying defaults. My primary focus during these sessions is on providing detailed feedback, reviewing open items where the PDM requires more data, and ideation on new solutions, so I grab screenshots when I have spare moments. I will endeavor to be more diligent about getting more substantive screenshots moving forward.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

There’s a video posted out on the Club Wyndham page in Facebook with a demo of the new calendar view here:

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
There’s a video posted out on the Club Wyndham page in Facebook with a demo of the new calendar view here:

I think the video showed a good example of what the calendar view will be like. The only thing I would love to see added would be the ability to search a state or region for multiple Resorts and availability. The video shows you must select the specific resort first to pull up the calendar.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I think the video showed a good example of what the calendar view will be like. The only thing I would love to see added would be the ability to search a state or region for multiple Resorts and availability. The video shows you must select the specific resort first to pull up the calendar.
With the old site the calendar was resort specific. You didn't have a calendar for regions. just resorts.

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Let’s piece this apart so we can better understand the use case. Did you use this function because it was the only place you could actually see this data on the old site? One of the only other places that I knew of on the old site see this data was the points calculator. You could choose a date range and then the points calculator would show you the amount of points you had eligible for that time period.

During today’s review session we discussed the regression item to bring back the points calculator. We then discussed a possible replacement for the points calculator function that would be displayed on the owner dashboard instead, in an effort to eliminate the need for the points calculator function.

Basically a widget displaying categorized points for each home resort by booking window (std, RARP, ARP) with clickable links to book using the points in scope. This concept needs more ideation and some wireframes to be clear.

I don't think I used the points calculator function much, I'm trying to remember the flow of what you're describing, @HitchHiker71 , and I'm not remembering too much specific, so I don't think I was very familiar with it. But looking at the availability calendar, I would look at a month that I'd like to visit a given resort, see that there was still availability for my general date range (which is usually a little flexible by a few days here and there) and then I'd look for when I could start booking and then throw that on my Google calendar with a reminder so I could go back and book once I was able to.

Ooh, that would be a great enhancement, allow for a "my diary" of sorts to set up a push notification remind you that you want to book! Another enhancement would be the ability to have a little free-form note section for each resort that has been favorited. Pie in the sky stuff, I know...functioning without takeaways is the top priority :)

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Another reason that this would be helpful in this iteration of the website is that, outside of the upcoming availability calendar that will center on a single resort at a time, the other searches show multiple nearby resorts. Because the search results could come up with, say, a combination of resorts where you may or may not have ARP, I assume that's why there's nothing preventing me from plugging in dates that are within the ARP period, even if most/all of the search results that come up are for resorts where I don't have ARP. I find it disconcerting that no dates are blocked off for windows that I can't book in (e.g., if I'm searching Orlando where I have no ARP, it would help me to have the check-in dates farther than 10 months blocked), and I know that's because I'm not searching a single resort but a range of resorts that could potentially contain someplace I do have ARP - but having the booking windows (advance, standard, express) marked in some way would at least help an owner avoid accidentally straying into a window where they can't book. Or, maybe I'm short some points for the reservation I want, but there's a visual indication that I'm only 5 days before the start of the express period when I can borrow from next year. That sort of thing.

As an aside, because there are no limitations on the calendar even though my account might have certain limitations, I'm actually able to plug in dates farther than 13 months out and start a search (though then I get the "Something unexpected" message after a short spin).

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I don't think I used the points calculator function much, I'm trying to remember the flow of what you're describing, @HitchHiker71 , and I'm not remembering too much specific, so I don't think I was very familiar with it. But looking at the availability calendar, I would look at a month that I'd like to visit a given resort, see that there was still availability for my general date range (which is usually a little flexible by a few days here and there) and then I'd look for when I could start booking and then throw that on my Google calendar with a reminder so I could go back and book once I was able to.

The old points calculator was relatively simple. You would pick a date range and it would then show you how many points you had eligible for that date range. That's it in a nutshell. What I'm trying to envision for the new website is a replacement that would eliminate the need for the points calculator function. In the Points Summary area (screenshot for reference), right now there's the general amount of points available for each use year:

1592416313690.png

What I'm ideating on is a drill down for each use year. So the "Current Use Year" would be a clickable link with a descriptor hover-over that says "Click here for a breakdown of your Current Use Year points by type," or something similar. When you click on that link, it opens up a section that displays something like this:

Current Use Year - Advanced Reservation Priority Points Available for reservations from startdate to enddate: ARPpointsavailable
Current Use Year - Standard Reservation Window points available for reservations from startdate to enddate: STDpointsavailable
Current Use Year - Express Reservation Window points available for reservations from startdate to enddate: EXPpointsavailable

The same links would be available and would display the same information for your future use years as well. We bounced around the idea of also providing buttons to book in this area - particularly for CWS owners that have ARP at a specific resort - and RARP at a specific resort - these buttons would take you to either the calendar view in the ARP date range - or you would input a date range via a "select date range" button and it would launch an availability search right from that area for your specified date range.

Please provide feedback on this item as we need further ideation to vet out this enhancement request.

Ooh, that would be a great enhancement, allow for a "my diary" of sorts to set up a push notification remind you that you want to book! Another enhancement would be the ability to have a little free-form note section for each resort that has been favorited. Pie in the sky stuff, I know...functioning without takeaways is the top priority :)

So in your scenario where you said:

I would look at a month that I'd like to visit a given resort, see that there was still availability for my general date range (which is usually a little flexible by a few days here and there) and then I'd look for when I could start booking and then throw that on my Google calendar with a reminder so I could go back and book once I was able to.

What would have prevented you from booking right then? Obviously you could see the availability already at that time - so why wait to book? Were you waiting to book at a resort where you didn't have ARP? Or were you waiting for the Express or VIP discount windows to book?

In any case, we also touched on borrowing an idea from RCI for Ongoing Searches - but for CWP resorts. So if you performed a search for a resort that had no availability - you could save that search as an Ongoing Search - and it would then keep searching for you and if that particular search became available - you would receive an email notification that your ongoing search was fulfilled - and it would then either automatically book it for you if you had enough points available - or you would have up to x hours to resolve the ongoing search match before the inventory was returned to the pool.

I also like your idea of having a Saved Searches function - whereby you could set up searches that would not process until a future date. Once that date arrives - you would receive an email notification indicating if there was any availability (basically it would process a normal date range search with the "flexible" option automatically enabled) - and if not - did you want to set up an Ongoing Search to keep looking?

Your idea for a Notes area would probably be a good idea for the mobile app ideation section, I will add it to that section. Basically a "Live Your Bucket List" free form section for each scheduled vacation and/or resort. There was talk at one point of Wyndham coordinating scheduled excursions in advance - so this same section could have excursion options listed that you could sign up for ahead of time - and would then be listed in in this same area.

Last edited:

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
I wasn’t the only person who was viewing the new feature and providing input, I’m merely sharing a couple of screenshots of the MVP 1.0 calendar view release. It will improve iteratively once released based upon live feedback. It’s not a once and done - it’s an agile dev process over time with a basic release coming next week.

We will keep the duration option on the list for now and then revisit as we move forward. I tend to agree the duration checkbox would still be useful for those of us who have a general date range in mind but are flexible on a +/- number of days for the actual stay.

Just saw the Availability Calendar video, I just can't wait to be able to 'browse' again!!! As for the duration option, it would be nice for those who prefer the search feature as rolled out last month. If you use the Availability Calendar, the duration option is of less value since it's easy to see +/- days from the calendar itself.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Another reason that this would be helpful in this iteration of the website is that, outside of the upcoming availability calendar that will center on a single resort at a time, the other searches show multiple nearby resorts. Because the search results could come up with, say, a combination of resorts where you may or may not have ARP, I assume that's why there's nothing preventing me from plugging in dates that are within the ARP period, even if most/all of the search results that come up are for resorts where I don't have ARP. I find it disconcerting that no dates are blocked off for windows that I can't book in (e.g., if I'm searching Orlando where I have no ARP, it would help me to have the check-in dates farther than 10 months blocked), and I know that's because I'm not searching a single resort but a range of resorts that could potentially contain someplace I do have ARP - but having the booking windows (advance, standard, express) marked in some way would at least help an owner avoid accidentally straying into a window where they can't book. Or, maybe I'm short some points for the reservation I want, but there's a visual indication that I'm only 5 days before the start of the express period when I can borrow from next year. That sort of thing.

As an aside, because there are no limitations on the calendar even though my account might have certain limitations, I'm actually able to plug in dates farther than 13 months out and start a search (though then I get the "Something unexpected" message after a short spin).

The date picker widget isn't going to allow for the capability to add any additional content as it takes up much less real estate since it's only using half the screen while the other half of the screen is dedicated to displaying the availability results once a date range is chosen. Perhaps they could color code the actual date on the picker to indicate a different reservation window - that might work - and provide a legend for the color codes somewhere. I will give it some more thought. :)

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Just saw the Availability Calendar video, I just can't wait to be able to 'browse' again!!! As for the duration option, it would be nice for those who prefer the search feature as rolled out last month. If you use the Availability Calendar, the duration option is of less value since it's easy to see +/- days from the calendar itself.

I have every expectation that once it's actually released - we will see some bugs and there will be fixes to be documented and submitted. I also already see some ideas on enhancements. We will keep the feedback loops open as we move forward.

One of the items that was discussed on yesterday's call was an option to basically pick a date range and to see ALL matching availability across the entire system. There was hesitation from the back office team on this item from a performance standpoint. We also learned that the "My Dates are Flexible" checkbox was a tall order and this almost didn't make it into the initial release for various reasons. When we brought up the "My Duration Is Flexible" option, that's when this was brought to our attention from the PDM. That said, we did walk the PDM through the justification for the duration function - so we'll see where it leads.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
Some of us are less concerned about response time than we are about multiple options being presented so that we have fewer overall searches. My problem with the site, today, is the endless number of searching I'm forced to do (and response time that is not noticeably faster, at least to me). It's a tradeoff. I understand the issues they are having with search parameters being too broad. Duration Flexibility will not be important to me once we have the calendar. ALL my bookings started with browsing the calendar where start/finish date options are clearly spelled out. I'll be very happy just to see what we saw before, in regard to the calculator

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Perhaps they could color code the actual date on the picker to indicate a different reservation window - that might work - and provide a legend for the color codes somewhere. I will give it some more thought. :)
For me, a color code with legend would actually be more visually helpful than the small circled letter codes that they used on the previous website.