• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham Website (2020)

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
wrong thread

FLTravs

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that if you open something in a new tab, it signs you out? New tabs are helpful if you're trying to search multiple properties at the same time over different dates. A new tab should carry over whatever token is used to track who's logged in to what session.

VacayKat

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that if you open something in a new tab, it signs you out? New tabs are helpful if you're trying to search multiple properties at the same time over different dates. A new tab should carry over whatever token is used to track who's logged in to what session.
Yep... and about 50% of the time when I try to go to a resort page it logs me out as well. I counted one day, it took 27 recaptcha images for them to authorize me to log in which is super special when I need to do it multiple times in a session. The implementation of their 'security' is flawed.

FLTravs

Reaction score
Yep... and about 50% of the time when I try to go to a resort page it logs me out as well. I counted one day, it took 27 recaptcha images for them to authorize me to log in which is super special when I need to do it multiple times in a session. The implementation of their 'security' is flawed.

More likely IMO is they haven't sized their server farm appropriately. Though they should have had enough time to fix that by now.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I don't do that with this new system. Too flakey. Seems like cacheing issues abound and I try not to tempt fate. Cause when it gets confused, you lose. I'm not saying it shouldn't work, but too frustrating for me. If I want to check multiple locations/dates I open a 2nd session in a new browser (so I'll have chrome and firefox open, searching but not booking). If need 3, I use my cell phone. Pretty high tech, I know...

FLTravs

Reaction score
I don't do that with this new system. Too flakey. Seems like cacheing issues abound and I try not to tempt fate. Cause when it gets confused, you lose. I'm not saying it shouldn't work, but too frustrating for me. If I want to check multiple locations/dates I open a 2nd session in a new browser (so I'll have chrome and firefox open, searching but not booking). If need 3, I use my cell phone. Pretty high tech, I know...

We just bought in on the 13th, so I was disappointed with a website that has so many obvious flaws. Still, we'll make the best of it. Worth it in the end as long as we use it.

VacayKat

Reaction score
All I can say is that the way I feel about they Wyndham website makes me wish I'd never have to use it again, but to be fair calling customer service is almost more painful.... soooooo... Stuck with it. But we just got back from a mini vacay at the Canterbury and had a great time, so it's not bad once you can get the reservation and on vacay.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Every update has not enhanced the user experience. To be nice I would say it has been a step backwards on each update. Such a inferior website no other company would get away with offering this hand full of bull dung.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
More likely IMO is they haven't sized their server farm appropriately. Though they should have had enough time to fix that by now.

The website is cloud hosted. There is no server farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

This has been reported previously and captured in our issue tracking sheet that we collaborate with the Wyndham DT team on. It’s a known limitation at this time.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
We just bought in on the 13th, so I was disappointed with a website that has so many obvious flaws. Still, we'll make the best of it. Worth it in the end as long as we use it.

Please ensure you use the website feedback mechanism to report any/all issues. This feedback data is reviewed on a regular basis - unlike the previous website.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Every update has not enhanced the user experience. To be nice I would say it has been a step backwards on each update. Such a inferior website no other company would get away with offering this hand full of bull dung.

I agree the new website is far from perfect - but there have been a ton of bug fixes over the past 10+ months, and some nice new features like Add Nights for one - which I for one really like - and the site is overall working better than it was when it was introduced prematurely in May 2020 during the initial heights of the pandemic.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Noticed assessment is now visible. Not the pdf form of the mailed one but at least a breakdown of contracts

Yes, this was another recent feature add that is a step in the right direction.

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree the new website is far from perfect - but there have been a ton of bug fixes over the past 10+ months, and some nice new features like Add Nights for one - which I for one really like - and the site is overall working better than it was when it was introduced prematurely in May 2020 during the initial heights of the pandemic.

Last year, you provided an extensive worksheet of bugs and fixes on the new website, which I truly appreciated. Would it be possible to update what fixes have been made since then and what still needs to be corrected?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Last year, you provided an extensive worksheet of bugs and fixes on the new website, which I truly appreciated. Would it be possible to update what fixes have been made since then and what still needs to be corrected?

Yes we can work toward updating the data here on TUG. The data shared here was an excerpt from another source that is still being updated periodically. It takes some work to share it and edit it for public consumption, and I just haven’t had the bandwidth to do so since my company was acquired last fall and my career pathing has demanded most of my attention since that time.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

I agree some additional features are really great but 10 months to fix multiple bugs is horrible. If your bank or any other company rolled out a new website like this would you stay a customer? Fortunately a few tuggers including yourself contributed a lot of time and energy to help Wyndham correct the inferior product that they rolled out.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Yes we can work toward updating the data here on TUG. The data shared here was an excerpt from another source that is still being updated periodically. It takes some work to share it and edit it for public consumption, and I just haven’t had the bandwidth to do so since my company was acquired last fall and my career pathing has demanded most of my attention since that time.

Super appreciate your and Richelle's work on this. I was talking to someone from Michael Brown's office yesterday (I had a security concern) and my comment to her about the website... nice to have the add-a-night feature, but really wish they'd focus on fixing the original rollout first. That 10 months plus later we are still viewing 3 transactions per page, with no filtering is just crazy. I still don't have transaction details. Maybe we've been too quiet? Should we all, on a regular basis, continue to provide feedback (on the tab on the website)? No we aren't happy, just in acceptance mode and moving on. But, never have thought it's acceptable. And have never understood the premature release of this website. 10 months and counting premature, IMO.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Is it just me? My feedback tab is missing, lol.

FLTravs

Reaction score
The website is cloud hosted. There is no server farm.

There’s still a farm, it’s just hidden behind a virtualization layer. If it’s cloud hosted I’d like to think it isn’t a resource issue as it’s very easy to add additional hosts either manually or automatically. But, at least it is cloud based. We’ve started migrating our servers to a provider and the flexibility is great. Simplifies a lot of IT functions.

FLTravs

Reaction score
This has been reported previously and captured in our issue tracking sheet that we collaborate with the Wyndham DT team on. It’s a known limitation at this time.

Sorry about that. I’d read through most of it, I promise LOL!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
There’s still a farm, it’s just hidden behind a virtualization layer. If it’s cloud hosted I’d like to think it isn’t a resource issue as it’s very easy to add additional hosts either manually or automatically. But, at least it is cloud based. We’ve started migrating our servers to a provider and the flexibility is great. Simplifies a lot of IT functions.

Agreed - but the front end website platform Wyndham is using is elastic (within certain confines from the cloud provider of course) - so there should not be a hardware based performance resourcing issue in play for any of the front end components, at least from what I’ve learned.

That said - there are still limitations from the back end database systems - which is why we haven’t seen broader search capabilities introduced such as regional or system wide availability searches. The DT team wants to be able to offer these website functions - but they have limits placed on them from the back end team that have yet to be remediated.