• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham resort in Belize

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
This is all over the news down here. https://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article93740.html (I wasn't sure whether to post it in the Wyndham section or here). No mention about an actual timeshare but article does say the resort will have 1, 2 & 3 bedroom suites. Looks nice!

Of course all the locals are saying Ambergris Caye is going to become too busy & overbuilt.

~Diane

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Wyndham Hotel Group is a separate Division from the Wyndham Vacation Ownership Group.

Now with that being said Clearwater is a combo Grand / VO. Yet here is the press release for Clearwater it only states Hotel Group and a Wyndham Grand but we know there are TS units there too. http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com/new...s/wyndham-grand-comes-ashore-clearwater-beach

So maybe Belize too.

Also saw this press release.....and other caribbean locations.
http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com/new...ands-nevis-deluxe-multi-million-dollar-resort

Boy now wouldn't that be nice.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Of course all the locals are saying Ambergris Caye is going to become too busy & overbuilt.

We visited Ambergris Caye about a year and a half ago. The main city on the island, San Pedro, is somewhat dirty, crowded and run-down. The diving is great though.

We were only in San Pedro so I'm not too sure what the island is like where Wyndham plans to build that resort. The one problem I had with San Pedro (although I don't know if the rest of the island is like this) is that people could not flush toilet paper down the toilet. It all had to be disposed of in the garbage.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Maybe a "Margaritaville" addition?

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
We visited Ambergris Caye about a year and a half ago. The main city on the island, San Pedro, is somewhat dirty, crowded and run-down. The diving is great though.

We were only in San Pedro so I'm not too sure what the island is like where Wyndham plans to build that resort. The one problem I had with San Pedro (although I don't know if the rest of the island is like this) is that people could not flush toilet paper down the toilet. It all had to be disposed of in the garbage.

San Pedro is at the south end of Ambergris Caye and much of the rest of the Caye is undeveloped. There are a lot of mangrove (swampy) areas to the north which would require a lot of work (& permits) to build on. The main problem in San Pedro is the abundance of stinky, noisy golf carts being driven wildly (often times by intoxicated vacationers or expats living there). There are few cars/trucks on the Caye. It seems rundown & dirty because the locals don't have much money or materials to build nice buildings/homes. The minimum wage in Belize is $3.BZ/ $1.50US an hour. The development is slowly spreading north (the only direction it can go) and into the areas where more expensive homes (& some resorts) are. The people there wanted peace & quiet (& seclusion) but that is now being threatened.

About the toilet paper - the whole country (& some small towns in Mexico) is like that. They don't have sewage treatment systems/plants like the rest of North America does. Most homes & hotels here in Belize have a septic tank but no weeping tile -any liquid overflow just seeps into the ground (which subsequently ends up in many creeks/rivers which flow out into the Bay of Chetumal or the Gulf if near the coast). When the septic tanks get full they get pumped out. We have seen lots of homes with their washing machines on a covered patio or carport & the laundry water discharges onto the lawn.

It is a nice place to escape our Canadian winters but I wouldn't move here!

~Diane

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We spent two weeks there a couple of years ago and, IMO, the island is too delicate for the intrusion of the 'Big Boys.' And notice they mention the accessibility of the Barrier Reef. So there's another exposure. We also wouldn't move there.

noson7982

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is all over the news down here. https://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article93740.html (I wasn't sure whether to post it in the Wyndham section or here). No mention about an actual timeshare but article does say the resort will have 1, 2 & 3 bedroom suites. Looks nice!

~Diane
They are also refurbishing Sam Lords Castle in Barbados
http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com/new...unveils-plans-island’s-newest-five-star-multi

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
While this is an older thread, I figured would revive it with some new information. The Wyndham Grand Venezia del Caribe is a combination full-time ownership and timeshare resort that is supposed to open in December 2020; we did a tour while staying at Captain Morgan's this month. It's under development by Wyndham and a local resort developer, Sandy Point Realty, as a part of a group of resorts that includes Coco Beach Resort, Belizean Shores, Belizean Cove Estates, Costa Blu, and X'Tan Ha, all of which are on Ambergris Caye, plus another similar Wyndham Grand branded property under construction in Roatan Honduras and a soon to be announced one in the Virgin Islands, possibly St Kitts. The ones under construction are being sold as partially timeshares with 30-year RTU as the model and will trade in Registry Collection - Venezia del Caribe is already listed there as a future property. The other resorts are currently operated as full-time ownership ones with rental availability managed by Sandy Point and parts still owned by them and rented; apparently owners participate in the rental program by committing 11 months a year and using one month.

Purchase of an RTU allows internal exchange to the other Sandy Point properties operating as Costs Destinations, IIRC. Cost for a week is fairly competitive for a retail Registry property; they have an arrangement similar to the one Vidanta has for some of the Grand Luxxe properties that get 2-for-1 weeks on exchanging at least into some of the Registry properties, though there weren't a lot of details provided.

Currently one of the properties is available to exchange into in RCI for 3- or 4- night stays, it's Costa Blu adult-only, which is fairly far north on the island. No kids there or at X'Tan Ha, but the rest allow them - my guess is that the Costa Blu deposits are all bulk-developer ones being utilized as a marketing technique by Wyndham/Sandy Point for Venezia del Caribe.

This is not a property that will trade in Club Wyndham unless they make it an associate resort sometime in the future. I don't think that very likely because of the choice of Registry as the exchange company. I noticed that there is another Wyndham Grand branded resort in Registry that is located in Portugal; my interpretation is that Wyndham is teaming on these sorts of projects with smaller regional resorts to develop them as a direct cash flow stream through sales and management as well as to capture them in the Wyndham owned exchange world.