• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham member having 2nd thoughts.

GemmyG

Reaction score
Hi, I just became a Wyndham member yesterday while in Fiji, I was a trial member for 2yrs. I have major buyers resource and having second thoughts and thinking of cancelling. I don't know if this was the right move. It's a lot of money and I'm not sure i see the value anymore.

I'd love to hear from members or non members on your personal experience and thoughts.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you original buy into Wyndham as a "Discovery Member"?

As you know, despite all the razzle-dazzle the Wyndham salesperson could muster, that money is gone. But in the quiet of your unit, I think you have figured out, that Discovery money was just a HOOK to get you back at the salesman's desk to skin your bank account empty.

Yes, RESCIND! You only get ONE little short window to KEEP all that money you worked so hard for.

Then, research and decide, if you can indeed live with second hand points (they work almost the same way) and use the rest of YOUR CASH to enjoy more vacations.

GemmyG

Reaction score
I originally joined as a windows to Wyndham member. 20k points for just under $3k. Though just joined as a full member. Surprisingly they weren't overly pushy, we rand back and said we will join. Though now not sure. We have a 7 day cooling period. Which i hope they don't make too difficult if we reconsider.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Im having trouble understanding what happened from your post. But one thing is clear. You are having second thoughts about what you did

Thats enough reason to rescind. If after some study you decide that Wyndham should have your money, you can always go back

But for now rescind. The rescission clause should be the last thing in your contract in BOLD PRINT just above the signatures

Find that clause and follow the instructions .. and do it soon...the clock is ticking

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay -- Wyndham and its "family" of acquistions has different currencies --- my Wyndham Plus points has a different "value factor" than your points. 20K in points barely gets me 1 night in a small unit in the off season.

20K in your program gets you what size unit in what season and for how long? Could you name some of the member resorts open to your early booking window (mine early booking window is 13 thru 11 months before check .. the resorts are mostly USA locales; 154K usually gets me a 1bdr Prime season).

How do you travel? Timesharing here in the states, requires advanced planning or last minute (leftover) acceptance.
How long? Our timeshare world is 7 night stays with checkins usually FRI, SAT or SUN.

Drive or Fly? Yes, the USA is a big country, but with the number of Wyndham vacation resorts and living in certain regions, many Wyndham owners can and od drive to a variety of their vacations.

And your family's vacation budget? Remember, timeshare MFs always go UP - every year. You are locking yourself into this expenditure EVERY YEAR. Your travel costs will always go up. And these vacations experiences do not change a lot -- turning your points into a cruise vacation is usually (here in the states), NOT a good value -- our cruise discounters can usually match the cash outlay without transferring (using our Wyndham points).

PS Here in the states, the Wyndham Discovery Program (a trial membership of a block of Wyndham points good for 18 months) is their MOST successful conversion to FULL membership SALES PROGRAM. Except, Wyndham has a special phone line and vacation agents who work with 'withheld' PRIME vacation inventory to make sure these "guests" go from spending $2000 USD to $40,000 or more. then, their points are only good for 1 year, the inventory is open to all the 500,000+ members and the phone agents have a waiting queue...

Mind you, I have lots of points (resale mostly)(and have VIP status), learned the ins & outs of our system, live in the area with many Wyndham resorts (EAST COAST of USA), like having a full kitchen ... and most likely older than you (wishing I could retire soon, but not going to happen).

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with Ron totally ... you need perhaps to do MORE research ... that sales deal will still be around next month or year ... despite the salesperson's soft words (hints), this is a 1 time deal, never seen it go so low, or you got some very special credits ... to the manager messed up ....

Learn more --- before spending the big dollars...

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think this was a Worldmark (by Wyndham) resort - they are in Fiji and 20k points would be a logical increment in that system.

That explanation is for our sake. To the original poster, if you just bought yesterday, rescind your purchase in writing according to the ok instructions in your contract documents.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think this was a Worldmark (by Wyndham) resort - they are in Fiji and 20k points would be a logical increment in that system.

That explanation is for our sake. To the original poster, if you just bought yesterday, rescind your purchase in writing according to the ok instructions in your contract documents.

but 20000 worldmark Credits would be $40000 - $60000 from Wyndham

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the $3K was for the "Discovery" 20K package (their #2 post) good for 2 years.

The 1st post, "it's a lot of money" might refer to the NEW PURCHASE costs.

GemmyG

Reaction score
20k points is good only for 2 years on the 'Windows to Wyndham'. You couldn't rent and can only use on limited places. Was good to trial. 10k can get you 1 week in 1 bedroom apartment or 12k for 2 bedroom pretty much anywhere in the world.

The full membership is 10k per year for $28k. The trial amount of $3k was taken out of the full amount which was good.

I guess what I am looking for us some1 to say, 'I absolutely love it because...' Or ' I hate it, get out now because..'

I will make a decision by Tuesday as everything is closed here till then due to a Public Holiday.

I'm trying to do research now, though there are so many bad reviews. Makes me nervous.

Last edited:

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess what I am looking for us some1 to say, 'I absolutely love it because...' Or ' I hate it, get out now because..'

Get out now because... that contract is now worth far less than what you paid for it. You can purchase resale for a lot cheaper.

Is that clear enough for you?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
20k points is good only for 2 years on the 'Windows to Wyndham'. You couldn't rent and can only use on limited places. Was good to trial. 10k can get you 1 week in 1 bedroom apartment or 12k for 2 bedroom pretty much anywhere in the world.

The full membership is 10k per year for $28k. The trial amount of $3k was taken out of the full amount which was good.

I will make a decision by Tuesday as everything is closed here till then due to a Public Holiday.

I'm trying to do research now, though there are so many bad reviews. Makes me nervous.

The answer is I absolutely love it because of the locations that they have and the mf is cheap. I hate what you are considering because what Wyndham wants to sell you for $3/credit, can be had for 10% of that on the secondary market

Myxdvz

TUG Member
Reaction score

I think most, if not all owners who are here will tell you that we absolutely love our Wyndham (or Worldmark) for various reasons. Some of us have direct points, others resale while still others have both.

At the same breath, we will ALL tell you to RESCIND and NEVER buy from the developer directly. Learn the system, and then buy from the secondary market.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Im having trouble understanding what happened from your post. But one thing is clear. You are having second thoughts about what you did

Thats enough reason to rescind. If after some study you decide that Wyndham should have your money, you can always go back

But for now rescind. The rescission clause should be the last thing in your contract in BOLD PRINT just above the signatures

Find that clause and follow the instructions .. and do it soon...the clock is ticking
This. Put aside all the other posts, and heed Ron's advice.

With any timeshare purchase, from any company, for any price or reason -- if you have ANY doubts whatsoever...RESCIND.

You can always go back later, taking your time and doing your research, and re-purchase.

But for right now, if you are not absolutely sure you did the right thing, RESCIND and start over.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
This sure sounds like a Worldmark package. The sales people like to confuse buyers as much as possible and try to blur the difference between Wyndham and Worldmark. In addition, there is Worldmark South Pacific and Worldmark North America which are different entities but share the Fiji resort.

Rescind immediately, no hesitation, just do it. You can buy the same thing for .30/credit instead of $2.80/credit. If you decide you must have the developer package, it will be there later but your window to rescind is very small. In their financial statements, Wyndham itself values their timeshare contracts at something like 25% actual value and the rest is sales and marketing. In reality, buying resale can be done for about 10%. They have a lot of smoke and mirrors to make you think that buying direct from them is worth that extra money, but there is nothing that is worth the extra $20,000. Rescind and then go to www.wmowners.com/forum to learn more about the Worldmark system and to find some trusted resale agents.

Sue

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
We love our Worldmark membership, bought resale -

Rescind any transaction purchased directly from WyndSham

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
This. Put aside all the other posts, and heed Ron's advice.

With any timeshare purchase, from any company, for any price or reason -- if you have ANY doubts whatsoever...RESCIND.

You can always go back later, taking your time and doing your research, and re-purchase.

But for right now, if you are not absolutely sure you did the right thing, RESCIND and start over.

I agree with these. If you have remorse, listen to your gut. You have not made an informed purchase. Rescind now and read everything you can get your hands on until you know exactly what you want to buy, how you want to use it and how much you want to pay for it.

I don't regret owning Wyndham points at all, but I regret paying retail for them.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Just one more happy Wyndham owner who acquired without buying from them. Rescind now!

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with these. If you have remorse, listen to your gut. You have not made an informed purchase. Rescind now and read everything you can get your hands on until you know exactly what you want to buy, how you want to use it and how much you want to pay for it.

I don't regret owning Wyndham points at all, but I regret paying retail for them.

Could not have said it better. rescind now!

bayotr

Reaction score
Hello, just purchased a South Pacific Wyndham timeshare 10000 credits. A lot here are saying rescind and buy from Second Market, but I read in the contract that the privilages are non transferable.. anyone please.comment on this

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only restrictions on USA contracts are no credit towards VIP status and no Plus Partners.

No restrictions on booking at new resorts or just 60 days out, no bumping by Developer owners, can sell if you can find willing buyer, etc.

Specifically, what privileges are you referring to?

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, just purchased a South Pacific Wyndham timeshare 10000 credits. A lot here are saying rescind and buy from Second Market, but I read in the contract that the privilages are non transferable.. anyone please.comment on this

Are you sure this is Wyndham? I thought only Worldmark (by Wyndham) had South Pacific in the resort system name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bayotr

Reaction score
Thanks Chris, it's WorldMark.. confusing. So different to Wyndham.