• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"New" Westin Flex - Includes WPORV, WKORV, WKORVN

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Is this new Info? I received it from an owner.

1/17/19 Update: I have redacted some of the contents of this post. I'm not going to say anything more about that publicly.

----------------

[redacted]

WESTIN FLEX

Book any season at your 7 home resorts
  • Book any number of days 12 months in advance at your 7 home resorts
  • Book any size villa 12 months in advance at your 7 home resorts
  • Book 7 home resorts at the 12 month booking window

Westin Flex Home resorts
  • Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort Villas
  • Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort Villas North
  • Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas –Kauai
  • Westin Desert Willow Villas – Palm Springs
  • Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas – Rancho Mirage
  • Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas - Beaver Creek CO
  • Westin Kierland – Scottsdale AZ
[redacted]

Your Vacation Ownership Interest (VOI) has a specific Home Options currency value (also known as ownership points). There are several ways you can use your Home Options during your “Home Resort Reservation Period” (HRRP) reservation window, which is 12 - 8 months in advance of your desired check-in dates:

• Use your Home Options to reserve ANY available villa size, any time of the year, at any of your Home Resorts

• Check-in and check-out ANY day of the week

• Reserve one night up to 14 nights in a single reservation

• Hold a maximum of three active reservations per VOI or package within the current Use Year

More Info:

The Westin Flex Sales Brochure -

The Westin Flex Home Resort Guide-

The Westin Flex Home Options Chart -

The Westin Flex Quick Start Guide -

[redacted]

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
If I sent an email out this poorly worded, I’d lose half our resulting revenue. Way to go, VSN sales for not letting marketing review this before sending!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
So in Hawaii Vistana is going to sell Westin weeks and on the mainland it will sell Westin Flex -- for the same resorts?

Only Vistana could be this inconsistent.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
But, Marriott is calling the shots now...

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
In a few years they’ll probably let you create your own flex program from any of the Westin, Sheraton, or Marriott resorts. Choose any 7 resorts and build your own Flex! :)

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
If I sent an email out this poorly worded, I’d lose half our resulting revenue. Way to go, VSN sales for not letting marketing review this before sending!

I had the same reaction. This is one of the most poorly worded emails I have seen. I started to wonder if it could be sent from a scammer. I would want to verify that this is really a Westin promotion. Given that so much personal data was breached recently, I would worry that this could be a scammer. I have a Hawaii home resort but have not received this email.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I had the same reaction. This is one of the most poorly worded emails I have seen. I started to wonder if it could be sent from a scammer. I would want to verify that this is really a Westin promotion. Given that so much personal data was breached recently, I would worry that this could be a scammer. I have a Hawaii home resort but have not received this email.

No, I’m sure it’s real. This is the quality of their emails...it’s been like this for years. Sad, isn’t it?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Terribly worded email. Since it had a person's name as if he/she were the only one to contact I feel this may be a rogue employee looking for a bigger commission. I own several Vistana weeks in Hawaii and have not received this email.

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score

I thought the same as I is reading the content.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am 99% sure it is for real, based on the sender.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
if the inventory is not handled properly these programs can create a class of owners above the current owners. Hard to get weeks can become even harder to get if people that are able to book at 12 months are not bound by the Friday, Sat, Sun checkin. They can just start the booking a day earlier wiping out all available inventory for those weeks.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
This doesn’t seem like new info but old news? Hasn’t VSE been trying to get people to trade in their weeks or add Westin Flex since it began??? They need deposits into the trust to fuel the machine as they can’t sell points on something they don’t own in the trust.

Interesting that they are offering it on the mainland but not in Hawaii even though the Hawsio weeks are in Flex???

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
if the inventory is not handled properly these programs can create a class of owners above the current owners. Hard to get weeks can become even harder to get if people that are able to book at 12 months are not bound by the Friday, Sat, Sun checkin. They can just start the booking a day earlier wiping out all available inventory for those weeks.

I think we are already seeing this happen at places like Lagunamar as discussed on that forum.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's not the point: The email says that all of the Maui resorts are now Westin Flex Home Resorts. "Westin Flex" is a new product. In the past, they were asking people to trade other resorts for Nanea Home options.

Westin Flex Home resorts

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
there is also a web page

https://www.vistana.com/westin-flex

It is very disappointing that Vistana is creating yet even more programs to possibly fragment the inventory even more rather than consolidating towards an integrated Marriott - Vistana program. For sure this is a step backwards.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
That's not the point: The email says that all of the Maui resorts are now Westin Flex Home Resorts. "Westin Flex" is a new product. In the past, they were asking people to trade other resorts for Nanea Home options.

Westin Flex Home resorts

Nanea is not included.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
there is also a web page

https://www.vistana.com/westin-flex

It is very disappointing that Vistana is creating yet even more programs to possibly fragment the inventory even more rather than consolidating towards an integrated Marriott - Vistana program. For sure this is a step backwards.

I think it's business as usual at Westin Vacation Club, until Marriott Vacations Worldwide determines if there is going to be any kind of consolidation between the programs, or if they are just going to operate them more or less independently. Until such time as there is some kind of consolidation or exchange program developed, they need to keep sales of the Westin products going to maintain the earnings level at the consolidated company. My understanding is that Westin Flex is not new since the merger, but was in existence prior to the merger. They are just continuing efforts to sell that program unless or until they have something else to sell.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea is already a flex option resort - they call them home options there. However, I think there is some overlap because I recently saw a reservation made at WKORV-north by a Nanea owner and it was labeled as a home option reservation. I need to research that.

1/24/19 Update: Further research shows that Nanea and Westin Flex do not overlap - they are separate.

Last edited:

Sicnarf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Westin Flex has a separate inventory. At this time, the Hawaii inventory for Westin Flex < 20% so Flex owners will have a difficult time getting high demand weeks.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Westin Flex has a separate inventory. At this time, the Hawaii inventory for Westin Flex < 20% so Flex owners will have a difficult time getting high demand weeks.
yes but the more programs they create the more fragmented the inventory. The balance can also change in the future.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I totally agree with DannyTS. I am perplexed as to why Marriott is allowing this unless it is a rogue undertaking. I think the more they fragment with these mini-programs, the harder it will be for Marriott to develop a new integrated program that will be fair to all existing owners.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I totally agree with DannyTS. I am perplexed as to why Marriott is allowing this unless it is a rogue undertaking. I think the more they fragment with these mini-programs, the harder it will be for Marriott to develop a new integrated program that will be fair to all existing owners.

As I noted above, Westin Flex is not new. It was in existence prior to the merger with Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Until or unless they have something new to sell, Westin has to keep selling their existing products to maintain the revenue stream from that side of the business and preserve the earning potential of the combined company.

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As I noted above, Westin Flex is not new. It was in existence prior to the merger with Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Until or unless they have something new to sell, Westin has to keep selling their exiting products to maintain the revenue stream from that side of the business and preserve the earning potential of the combined company.

Okay I get that now. I guess it is business as usual.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I don't understand Flex. Perhaps because I have never been exposed to the program but this makes no sense to me as a Hawaii owner. I already have 12 month reservations for the highest demand resorts in HI, so why would I want to dilute that with the mainland resorts? I already can use SOs to get a mainland resort - not sure what 12 months would buy vs. 8.

Unless it would lower the MF for Hawaii owners because you are diluting with lower MF mainland offerings, I don't see why someone who owns in HI would buy this.

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't understand Flex. Perhaps because I have never been exposed to the program but this makes no sense to me as a Hawaii owner. I already have 12 month reservations for the highest demand resorts in HI, so why would I want to dilute that with the mainland resorts? I already can use SOs to get a mainland resort - not sure what 12 months would buy vs. 8.
maybe to get access to booking a day or two before the week owners.