• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Website: Showing PR units to Non-PR ?? Pls verify

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to book Avon (Colorado) for next March. I see lots of units, but everytime I hit book,

"sorry, unit is no longer available"

Would someone who is PR check Avon for March 2 checkin 3 nights (or 4 - whatever that requirement) and see if they get the same message..

I have tried about 10 dates in January and March with the same message.

I CAN book units over the summer .

I think it is showing me PR units that "I can't have yet". the old system wouldn't show them to me at all.

(FYI - I find this individual threads on specific "how do I" helpful)

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I am trying to book Avon (Colorado) for next March. I see lots of units, but everytime I hit book,

"sorry, unit is no longer available"

Would someone who is PR check Avon for March 2 checkin 3 nights (or 4 - whatever that requirement) and see if they get the same message..

I have tried about 10 dates in January and March with the same message.

I CAN book units over the summer .

I think it is showing me PR units that "I can't have yet". the old system wouldn't show them to me at all.

(FYI - I find this individual threads on specific "how do I" helpful)

I see 1BR, 2BR, and 3BR Presidential units for 182K, 234K, and 286K, respectively. That's for March 2-5, 2018.

Wolf&Sprite

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Avon
I see one, two and three bedroom PR available for three nights starting March 2. I get the same message as you for the one and two but it let me go through booking on the three. I stopped at verify. I have no idea what's going on with this system. Hopefully things will settle out in the coming days/weeks.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I see one, two and three bedroom PR available for three nights starting March 2. I get the same message as you for the one and two but it let me go through booking on the three. I stopped at verify. I have no idea what's going on with this system. Hopefully things will settle out in the coming days/weeks.

Same for me. Also it let me go to verify the one bedroom deluxe. It shows the difference on mine of what's Presidential and what's Presidential "held".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mary W

TUG Member
Reaction score
I posted about this last Tuesday. I have been getting the same message about a one bedroom presidential unit at the Wyndham Canterbury since then. I tried this morning and once again got the same message. I'm not sure if this is a phantom unit or what...

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I posted about this last Tuesday. I have been getting the same message about a one bedroom presidential unit at the Wyndham Canterbury since then. I tried this morning and once again got the same message. I'm not sure if this is a phantom unit or what...

I didn't go back and find your original post. But unless you are a presidential reserve owner, I believe you can only book PR units within 2 months. I tried just now at Canterbury and I could have book a 1 or 3 BR PR unit inside of 2 months but not outside.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I didn't go back and find your original post. But unless you are a presidential reserve owner, I believe you can only book PR units within 2 months. I tried just now at Canterbury and I could have book a 1 or 3 BR PR unit inside of 2 months but not outside.
I am VIP Platinum (not PR). In the old system, often times PR units would show available and we could book them. They could (at any time) be released and were available to all. I thought they could be held back for PR members (but often weren't). Sounds like another bug in the new system (that may become a feature).

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I am VIP Platinum (not PR). In the old system, often times PR units would show available and we could book them. They could (at any time) be released and were available to all. I thought they could be held back for PR members (but often weren't). Sounds like another bug in the new system (that may become a feature).

One thing for sure. In the old system I rarely saw pres. or presidential reserve available at Canterbury. Especially 3 BR PR. In the new system I see tons of availability. I can only book the PR within 60 days but the regular pres. I can any time up to 13 months since I am CWA.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Question: I thought the period of holding 75% of PR units for PR owners was up to 30 days prior to check-in. On the new website, in the knowledge base it states that the guaranteed period goes up to 3 months prior to check in. Is this a new change? And out of curiosity, did they notify PR owners?

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I just did a test book at Canterbury in SF. I could have booked a PR unit within 30 day. There wern't any for me to test book in July (30 - 60 days). In August (60 -90 days) it wouldn't let me complete the booking. When I tried from the calander I didn't get an error but when I clicked book, nothing happened. So I tried booking by putting the resort and date in the search and the 1 BR PR came up but when I clicked book I got the error "We apologize for the inconvenience, but the room you requested is no longer available"

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question: I thought the period of holding 75% of PR units for PR owners was up to 30 days prior to check-in. On the new website, in the knowledge base it states that the guaranteed period goes up to 3 months prior to check in. Is this a new change? And out of curiosity, did they notify PR owners?

Interesting. That would be a change, as the guaranteed period has been "up to" 75% of PR inventory held for the exclusive booking rights of PR owners until 30 days prior to check-in. Could it be that they are changing this to 90 days ine an effort to eliminate the opportunity for PR owners to book discounted units, too? I don't know whether the "guaranteed period" is a deeded right or not (sort of a different flavor of ARP).

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I logged in and copied this off the new website.
  • Guaranteed Access to Available Presidential Reserve Suites: Request a reservation at your Presidential Reserve “home” resort 14-12 months prior to your arrival date for guaranteed accommodations in an available Presidential Reserve Suite. From 12-10 months prior to your arrival date you may request a reservation in a Presidential Reserve Suite at any other Presidential Reserve resort.
  • Privileged Reserve Period: From 10 months to 30 days prior to check-in, up to 75 percent of unreserved Presidential Reserve Suites are held for exclusive use by Presidential Reserve Members.
  • Access to Additional Resorts: At 10 months prior to check-in, Presidential Reserve Members can also access the Margaritaville Vacation Club® by Wyndham units available to CLUB WYNDHAM® Platinum Owners.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
  • Guaranteed Access to Available Presidential Reserve Suites: Request a reservation at your Presidential Reserve “home” resort 14-12 months prior to your arrival date for guaranteed accommodations in an available Presidential Reserve Suite. From 12-10 months prior to your arrival date you may request a reservation in a Presidential Reserve Suite at any other Presidential Reserve resort.
  • Privileged Reserve Period: From 10 months to 30 days prior to check-in, up to 75 percent of unreserved Presidential Reserve Suites are held for exclusive use by Presidential Reserve Members.
  • Access to Additional Resorts: At 10 months prior to check-in, Presidential Reserve Members can also access the Margaritaville Vacation Club® by Wyndham units available to CLUB WYNDHAM® Platinum Owners.

Here is another glitch. We booked Pidgeon Forge Margaritaville for January before the the Great Wyndham Disaster of May 2017. We are PR. Now it won't let me book that location. I can book any other Margaritaville resort, but I cannot book Pidgeon Forge. WTH?!?!?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Here is another glitch. We booked Pidgeon Forge Margaritaville for January before the the Great Wyndham Disaster of May 2017. We are PR. Now it won't let me book that location. I can book any other Margaritaville resort, but I cannot book Pidgeon Forge. WTH?!?!?

The Great Wyndham Disaster of May 2017, I love it! The sad but true part is that it is a completely accurate assessment.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Then it depends on where you look, because I still see this:
PR_timeframe_053017.jpg

Mary W

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm still wondering about the PR units that are visible to non-PR members and when they become available for upgrades. We have a reservation at the Canterbury starting June 16. There is a one bedroom presidential unit available. Why didn't our one bedroom deluxe unit get upgraded to this unit? When and how Wyndham is doing the upgrades is a complete mystery to me!

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One theory mentioned in another thread about upgrades is that it won't upgrade to a unit with smaller occupancy (and frequently presidential units have smaller occupancy for the same number of bedrooms). I'm not sure if this has been confirmed, but it would explain it.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
One theory mentioned in another thread about upgrades is that it won't upgrade to a unit with smaller occupancy (and frequently presidential units have smaller occupancy for the same number of bedrooms). I'm not sure if this has been confirmed, but it would explain it.
General discussion page 30 post 743 happyhopian. I think I seen it somewhere else