• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Vistana Letter - offering zero

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Dear Owner,

We recognize that the unprecedented circumstances surrounding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) are impacting travel plans for many of our Owners and guests. With this in mind, we want to provide additional updates to help you respond to the current situation in connection with any reservations or resort information you may have or need.

Reservation Modifications & Cancellations
Our global Owner Services teams are diligently assisting those Owners whose travel plans have changed, resulting in longer hold times than usual. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding.

For arrivals within 75 days:

As always, you are able to cancel an existing reservation by logging into your Owner website. You can also cancel an existing reservation by calling Owner Services.

For arrivals more than 75 days from today:

For Owners with travel plans more than 75 days from today, we ask that you please contact Owner Services at a later date to allow us to serve those Owners with more immediate travel plans. As a reminder, all Owners may also plan and reserve future stays at your Owner website, 24-hours a day/7-days a week.

Resort & Area Information
Our global response teams continue to provide around-the-clock assistance to our resorts, and we remain committed to the safety and well-being of our Owners and guests during these difficult times.

The rapidly evolving situation associated with COVID-19 may also require adjustments to be made to the availability of some onsite amenities and services for the health and safety of our Owners, guests, and associates. Additionally, local, state, and federal governments continue to provide additional guidance that may affect our resorts, resort amenities and/or local attractions.

While we recommend that Owners check publicly available resources prior to traveling, soon we plan to begin posting updates on both resort operating conditions and key area information via your Owner website to assist our Owners with travel planning.

As it has always been, the safety and security of our Owners, guests and associates remains our focus. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to respond to this unprecedented situation, and we thank you as always for being part of Vistana Signature Experiences family.

Sincerely,

Owner Services
Vistana Signature Experiences​

4MJpOGWnomesSN4wQFO50ORfmS9A3MtUrBG5P81GLKBiXWGj4S4rmOJpqDIVfGmSA-WPBSXp4sQPGQzCgzhfyr2uyj53FVTENuGNFEaj_PlB3gHaRmhFdAZv0mbjaYQ=s0-d-e1-ft
Vistana
NFa4bCJyDcV6Ah4vB4a_anDGvcsFVNGcnXsu6FTPxbHcGoWfk9UI_ePecDzb54Mho_mBTn2EpvRQNuc_xUjvy0ivFj2jHchglsapqsuo_cK2Dj2CsDu_nLkwi_Lf0DCjJp5_uTAty59DsbSi=s0-d-e1-ft

Sheraton VC
NFa4bCJyDcV6Ah4vB4a_anDGvcsFVNGcnXsu6FTPxbHcGoWfk9UI_ePecDzb54Mho_mBTn2EpvRQNuc_xUjvy0ivFj2jHchglsapqsuo_cK2Dj2CsDu_nLkwi_Lf0DCjJp5_uTAty59DsbSi=s0-d-e1-ft
Westin VC
You have received this message as part of your vacation ownership. Please do not reply directly to this system-generated email. Opt out of future offers or update your online communication preferences. Contact Vistana Signature Experiences, Inc. online or at 9002 San Marco Court, Orlando, FL 32819.

©2020 Vistana Signature Experiences, Inc. ("Vistana") and Marriott International, Inc. ("Marriott"). All Rights Reserved. Vistana and its logo are the trademarks of Vistana or its affiliates. Marriott Bonvoy, Sheraton, Westin and their logos are the trademarks of Marriott or its affiliates and are used by Vistana, an authorized partner of the Marriott Bonvoy program, under license from a subsidiary of Marriott. Vistana and the programs and products it provides are not owned, developed or sold by Marriott or its affiliates. Vistana is solely responsible for its advertising, marketing, privacy and data collection practices.

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | 9730 | 20A | 20-303-668887​

lds337

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, HGVC Ocean 22, HGVC Sunrise Lodge, The Crane HGVC Sheraton Desert Oasis, Westin Kierland, and Wyndham Glacier Canyon
So basically an email to tell us not to Call and absolutely no long-term solutions. Thanks for thinking of us. :whooopie:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Just (sadly) canceled our annual WSJ vacation that is a bit over 75 days away. Going to bank the SOs. Very glad that WSJ-VGV is Mandatory since we bought resale.

While the WSJ-VGV Gold+ SOs are very expensive, at least they won’t be restricted and can get some good use after the Covid-19 madness subsides.

Hang in there folks and stay safe - we are sheltered in place here in the SF Bay Area caring for a seriously ill MIL with pneumonia (since pre-Covid) that will likely die if exposed. Hopefully we are not carrying Covid-19 virus - it has been 4 days since any contact with others outside our home and we are still well.

Robin was able to get selected for Covid-19 testing today through Project Baseline (Drive-thru sample collection). I got chosen as well, but passed to allow others to get tested. If Robin tests positive, I will be as well - as well as my MIL. This is a very stressful time here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wtrjock

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali South
Sheraton Vistana Villages Keywest
Waiving the fee, but still restricting the options. That is different that what others are reporting, but maybe Vistana is now making the method consistent, where as people that were calling in were getting different actions. Some got waived fees and no restriction...others had no fee and restricted, and some reported a fee and restricted. At least we now know in writing. I have a couple days scheduled for May 11th at WKORV, so I am affected by this new letter. Saves me the fee if we do cancel.

wtrjock

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali South
Vistana.com/covid-19

The website has more info than the letter:

Vistana Signature Experience Owners

Arrival 61 days or more prior to check-in: May be canceled with no fees or usage restrictions.

Arrival 1-60 days prior to check-in: StarOptions will be returned to your account as Restricted StarOptions which may be used to confirm another reservation within 60 days of arrival. All cancellation fees will be waived.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I have never banked SOs - what are cutoff dates for banking at the various Elite levels (we are 3*).

lds337

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, HGVC Ocean 22, HGVC Sunrise Lodge, The Crane HGVC Sheraton Desert Oasis, Westin Kierland, and Wyndham Glacier Canyon
I have never banked SOs - what are cutoff dates for banking at the various Elite levels (we are 3*).

3* - October 1st
4* - October 1st
5* - December 31st

SVOForever

TUG Member
Reaction score
To be sure though ... restricted StarOptions cannot be banked, so any discussion of banking, no matter elite or not, doesn't apply to anyone's cancellations within 60 days. Unless I'm wrong?

SVOForever

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes - I double checked online - I cannot bank my already restricted options, and it is clear on the banking page.
"Your eligible StarOptions are a combination of all bankable Vacation Ownership Interests (VOIs). Keep in mind that restricted and already-banked StarOptions are not eligible."

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Yes - I double checked online - I cannot bank my already restricted options, and it is clear on the banking page.
"Your eligible StarOptions are a combination of all bankable Vacation Ownership Interests (VOIs). Keep in mind that restricted and already-banked StarOptions are not eligible."

The WSJ-VGV reservation was at 75 days out - so SOs not restricted.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
3* - October 1st
4* - October 1st
5* - December 31st

Sorry for the follow-up question- what about banking for non-Elite owners?
(Asking for friend).

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
These are the standard cancellation rules:

Arrival 61 days or more prior to check-in: May be canceled with no fees or usage restrictions.

Arrival 1-60 days prior to check-in: StarOptions will be returned to your account as Restricted StarOptions which may be used to confirm another reservation within 60 days of arrival. All cancellation fees will be waived. - this is the only concession they are making. Stinks.

Last edited:

The Haileys

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Sheraton Flex Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella EY
Grrr ... we have two weeks booked within 60 days for 88,000 Star Options, one for us and one for my daughter and her family. There is NO way we can reschedule new trips within 60 days. We have every intention of using these bookings - IF airlines are still flying domestically, AND Walt Disney World is open then. If not, we'll cancel, but would much rather have the Star Options back so I can bank them, or use next fall or early winter, perhaps banking them, if needed.

Every other travel business is being flexible, and offering guests/pax reasonable options. Even MVC bookings via Marriott hotels are being allowed one day ahead cancellation without penalty. WTF is Vistana being like this???

They will never get me into another Owner Update - I will bring this up as #1 reason why they will not get another minute of my time, or penny of my money.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now Canada has closed the border I'm curious if this policy will change if the Mexico border closes. Force Majure comes into play then.

Also the Ax Bonvoy Brilliant card. If I used that to pay MF and can't travel does that get covered by the insurance!

Let the points and trip expire and claim the $$ back as a insurance claim.

Interesting times.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Grrr ... we have two weeks booked within 60 days for 88,000 Star Options, one for us and one for my daughter and her family. There is NO way we can reschedule new trips within 60 days. We have every intention of using these bookings - IF airlines are still flying domestically, AND Walt Disney World is open then. If not, we'll cancel, but would much rather have the Star Options back so I can bank them, or use next fall or early winter, perhaps banking them, if needed.

Every other travel business is being flexible, and offering guests/pax reasonable options. Even MVC bookings via Marriott hotels are being allowed one day ahead cancellation without penalty. WTF is Vistana being like this???

They will never get me into another Owner Update - I will bring this up as #1 reason why they will not get another minute of my time, or penny of my money.
Lol still travel within 60 days ... so many in USA don't get it.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score

Where are you? My parents in the UK are the biggest roadblock to cancelling. They can't cancel their flights or the week they have booked elsewhere.

The Haileys

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Sheraton Flex Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella EY

That's the thing of it. We CANNOT travel again within 60 days of our bookings. We have this thing called responsibilities and other things scheduled, and can't just go galloping off whenever we wish. At best, we could re-schedule for October or November, but it looks like we'll just have to lose 88K Star Options if we can't travel in May.

beachlynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please help me to understand using the restricted star options. I cancelled my son's honeymoon scheduled to start at WKORVN starting this coming Sunday 3/22. The way understood it when I spoke to the agent was I could book a new reservation from 1-60 days out and it had to be used by 12/31/20. I told her that all of the people needing to reschedule are going to have to slide into the limited availability after the regularly scheduled reservations and that didn't seem fair. My son was using our home usage for 2020 so I felt that we should have until 2021. She said that if you can't use your options you could deposit it into Interval International.
So is that the case or are some you saying that I have to book a reservation to use by 5/22/2020. That would be crazy because who knows if we will be able to travel then. I went on today to see what I could book for the Fall and was able to get a week in Sept. The system used my other available star options which bummed me out.

wtrjock

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali South
We had restricted options last year. You have to make a reservation and use the options before 12/31/2020, or you will lose them. The 60 day rule means that you can only make a reservation 60 days in advance of when you want to stay instead of the typical 8 months in advance for unrestricted SOs.

SVOForever

TUG Member
Reaction score
@beachlynn The restriction means that you may only book 60 days out from the current date. Today, you can only book to around May 18th, which of course is not a good idea. But if you check back on July 1st, for example, you would be able to look ahead to all of July and all of August for availability and book that, if available. If nothing good, you can check on say July 20th and you could book through around September 20th. But, once you get to November 1st, you are looking at only the rest of the year - you cannot book anything that starts 1/1/21 or later.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
That's the thing of it. We CANNOT travel again within 60 days of our bookings. We have this thing called responsibilities and other things scheduled, and can't just go galloping off whenever we wish. At best, we could re-schedule for October or November, but it looks like we'll just have to lose 88K Star Options if we can't travel in May.
Hopefully the subsequent posts have made your options clearer, including the fall ones you prefer.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I think hotel bookings with cash are far different. This is inventory that Marriott Vacation Club owns. They paid the MFs on them (or paid for someone's Bonvoy Points). If someone cancels, Marriott eats the cost. They don't get it back. It is a loss. If you cancel and are given your time back, you have the opportunity to book it again. Along with the thousands of other owners out there that also cancelled. As soon as owner inventory sits empty, it can't be replaced. This means you have thousands of owners now competing for less and less inventory the longer this drags on.