• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Vidanta Grand Bliss Owner, looking to Tips on Renting out

Tiger92

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Bliss 2 bdr; Montecristo Estates, Cabo 4 bdr; OrangeLake 2Bdr
Hello TUGgers, great forum and lots of great advice. New to the forum. Quick background, we have owned timeshares for years, OrangeLake and Montecristo Estates, which we have enjoyed for personal use. Rare "rentals"among friends and family, only. We recently also bought in to Vidanta, a 2 BDR Grand Bliss in the new Celebration Park (when the finally build it). Great properties, but so confusing as to what you actually own. So many weeks to use or for marketing, so many different configuration to "trade down" and get more weeks, etc. Very confusing. My post is: we want to begin to rent out, which i think we can do in any VIdanta properties. So my questions:
1. Easy explanation of the many weeks we have access to
2. How to go about renting - I just created a listing on VRBO, got an email inquiring to rent...and I realized I don't even know what to do...
3. Should I book select weeks and post those (i.e. pay usage fee upfront and hope to recoup)
4. When I get inquiry on a specific week, then call to see if its available and then book
5. How many dang weeks do i really have (5, 15, more if I book a lower unit than the grand bliss?)
6. My Salesman drew up a chart, and its like, Grand Bliss, GrandLuxxe, Sea Garden, Worldwide...what???
7. Checkin only Friday to Monday at Vidanta or anytime?
8. Christmas week is open for Vidanta owners right? But can you actually get it?
9. And yes, i should probably pull out the contract and read, but you guys know everything and can explain in English, like to an 8 year old! Much appreciated.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We recently also bought in to Vidanta...
6. My Salesman drew up a chart, and its like, Grand Bliss, GrandLuxxe, Sea Garden, Worldwide...what??

Does this mean that you recently bought at a sales presentation, or did you buy resale?

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
Yes. You should really read and re-read and re-read the contract to see exactly what you have. Their contracts are quite detailed and if you go word for word you hopefully you will know what you have. Vidanta has many different versions of their contracts so all are not the same.

You will likely find that a few (as in many) things sales told you just aren't accurate.

If you look through the Mexico section here on TUG you will get a lot of information as to how Vidanta works and many of you questions might be answered. There are a few folks there that have owned for many, many years and will be able to help out. We are owners there for about a year now and still are learning how to work their system.

I can't help you with your rental questions since I am not interested in renting my available weeks. It seems like just too much of a hassle for the return one might get. Just my opinion.

Tiger92

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does this mean that you recently bought at a sales presentation, or did you buy resale?
We bought from Vidanta last July, a 2 bdr unit in the new Celebrate Park. Since its not built yet, we get to use a 2 bedroom Grand Bliss unit. We went back this summer on a promotion and stayed in a 3 bedroom Grand Luxxe Residence room.

Tiger92

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes. You should really read and re-read and re-read the contract to see exactly what you have. Their contracts are quite detailed and if you go word for word you hopefully you will know what you have. Vidanta has many different versions of their contracts so all are not the same.

You will likely find that a few (as in many) things sales told you just aren't accurate.

If you look through the Mexico section here on TUG you will get a lot of information as to how Vidanta works and many of you questions might be answered. There are a few folks there that have owned for many, many years and will be able to help out. We are owners there for about a year now and still are learning how to work their system.

I can't help you with your rental questions since I am not interested in renting my available weeks. It seems like just too much of a hassle for the return one might get. Just my opinion.
Thank you. I have since done a closer look at the contract and I am a bit more informed, but still learning the ropes.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We have only rented to friends and family for the cost of Maintenance Fees a couple of times. We do not want the hassle of renting.

The main thing is to read that contract thoroughly. As long time Mayan World owners, we are quite familiar with them. We have owned at all levels but Grand Bliss. They honor what is in the contract - not what the sales team told you. If it is not in writing, you do not have it.

Contracts specifically state that Christmas/New Years and Holy week/Easter are not available. Those are special contracts that cost a lot more than the regular ones. These weeks are limited as all the others have 50 weeks to choose from. This will be in the 1st 10 year packet 1st page down towards the bottom. At least that is where it is in mine. This statement was there when we bought in 1999, so it is standard.

Some of your "extra" weeks have a shorter reservation time frame. It will be spelled out in your contract, as will the units you can downgrade to.

Last edited: