• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Vacation Club Owner with possible Buyer's Remorse. Help appreciated!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I wish I had found this forum before we signed today. Will be sending our letter to rescind Monday. So disappointed that we caved under the sales pitch.

Will be researching here for future reference.
Welcome to TUG. Glad you found us in time.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish I had found this forum before we signed today. Will be sending our letter to rescind Monday. So disappointed that we caved under the sales pitch.

Well be glad you found this site before your rescission period was up. And since you "will be researching here for future reference", make sure you read all the ins and outs of what to do when rescinding.

Fried_shrimp

Reaction score
Hi All, USPS tried to deliver the rescind letter today and on tracking it states, "Delivery Attempted: No Access to Delivery Location. Will redeliver on the next business day.". This is concerning.

It was shipped to the address on the contact.

Sheraton Flex Vacations, LLC
Attn: Document Administration Department
9002 San Marco Court
Orlando, Florida 32819

So was it finally accepted and signed for?

R&RTime

Reaction score

Will be researching here for future reference.
Glad you found this forum in time. Follow the process shared by the other members here. It worked perfectly for us.

I also emailed a copy of the letter and tracking number to ownerres@mvwc.com. This was recommended when I called Vistana Owner Services at 407-903-4900 since the initial attempt to deliver our mail was unsuccessful. To cover all bases, we also faxed it to 407-903-4718. Mail was finally received and signed for.

Redbaybound

Reaction score
Glad you found this forum in time. Follow the process shared by the other members here. It worked perfectly for us.

I also emailed a copy of the letter and tracking number to ownerres@mvwc.com. This was recommended when I called Vistana Owner Services at 407-903-4900 since the initial attempt to deliver our mail was unsuccessful. To cover all bases, we also faxed it to 407-903-4718. Mail was finally received and signed for.

Thank you so much for the advice. I'll make sure we email and fax as well. Better to cover all our bases. We sent the letter first thing this morning.

I am so very grateful I found this forum before we got stuck!

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so very grateful I found this forum before we got stuck!

I'm glad too. Just remember, they have up to 45 days to refund your money so there is no need to panic if you don't see it right away. Hence, there is no need to go calling the resort asking about the refund and rescission. Calling there might only lead to them hounding you to change your mind about rescinding. Just keep an eye on your credit card activity (assuming you charged this on your credit card) to look for your refund.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
YES, rescind now while you have a chance! This is always the best advice, sales presentations are very stressful.
We never go anymore. I tell them we like what we have and try to enjoy our vacation without another sales pitch.
I have learned so much from TUG. I thank everyone on here for their advice and guidance.
Good Luck and Welcome to TUG!

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
YES, rescind now while you have a chance! This is always the best advice, sales presentations are very stressful.
We never go anymore. I tell them we like what we have and try to enjoy our vacation without another sales pitch.
I have learned so much from TUG. I thank everyone on here for their advice and guidance.
Good Luck and Welcome to TUG!
We still go sometimes but let them know right away we're very well schooled existing owners, and so unless they've got something quite special to offer they aren't going to make a sale. It usually gets them to their best offer pretty fast, and shortens everything. But we also only go if there is a good perk. Last one we had a week at our Marriott Maui timeshare, then were paying cash for one extra day, and the perk was 50% off on the night. So it was worth the hour for the almost $400 savings for the night.