• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New upgrade offer from my Sales Person

ck1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I won a auction on ebay yesterday for a cascades unit. I called my sales person at Starwood about a upgrade.

Offer is to Uprade my Vistana Village Cascade 2BD LO to 2 weeks at Vistana Beach for approx $22K (He said he could transfer resorts because I am staying in florida) 152,000 Star options.

At the same time they would retro a SBP 2 bed LO for 81,000 options

Total of 233,000 options (I already have 229,000)

OK... Fire Away!

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
How much is MF for the Cascade 2Bed? How much MF for 2 weeks at Vistana Beach?

It might be worth buying a 148k week to retro, if you're buying an upgrade, and use SBP for II trades (just a thought...).

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Tens of thousands in timeshares is insanity - the deals are too good for that

Offer is to Uprade my Vistana Village Cascade 2BD LO to 2 weeks at Vistana Beach for approx $22K

I don't think we've spent $22,000 on all 6 of our timeshares in the 10+ years we've owned them (yet) purchase price & annual fees (although we may be very close). $22K to BUY use for one block of something, to me, is a totally frivolous and unneeded expense. Why would you want to pay money like that for a few extra points/days annual use?

In other words, no way.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree. It doesn't sound like an upgrade really. How much credit are they giving you for your current Cascades week? Also, be careful because I thought Cascades was about to have a 3 part assessment!

Try upgrading SBP! I sent you a PM with details.

Katherine

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Why Do People Pay Such High Prices For Timeshares ?

Offer is to Uprade my Vistana Village Cascade 2BD LO to 2 weeks at Vistana Beach for approx $22K
Shux, by me even $17,900 is way too much to pay for a timeshare -- high end or low end or mid-grade mox nix.

Buy timeshares resale.

Save $10,000 (or more).

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the OP wants to retro a unit to get it into SVN. The only way to do this is to have a resale unit and then bring it in with a direct purchase to the developer. In this case, one gains a LOT of benefit from buying direct.

That said, $22,000 in FL is not really a discount of any sort.

K

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I don't think we've spent $22,000 on all 6 of our timeshares in the 10+ years we've owned them (yet) purchase price & annual fees (although we may be very close). $22K to BUY use for one block of something, to me, is a totally frivolous and unneeded expense. Why would you want to pay money like that for a few extra points/days annual use?

In other words, no way.

John & Alan - When Starwood owners upgrade like this it's because they are working towards becoming 5 Star Elite which, among other things, gives them Platinum status with SPG for life, so there's a lot more involved than a few extra points and day use.

ck1

TUG Member
Reaction score
They offered me $16000 for My Cascades Lock off (floating 1-52).

They also would throw in about 40K in Starwood points..I might have to do it for that reason alone!:banana:

Craig K.

lprstn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Craig, if that's what you want to do go for it. However, the best option is not to as there are better deals to be had.

How do you hope to use this that would warrent you having to upgrade through the developer?

However, I have been where you are and upgraded one of my resorts through the developer, and am happy I did so.

Joshadelic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ask your rep about upgrading the SBP. There are some really good SP incentives at SBP right now for the 3br units...I think somewhere in the 100k to 125k SP range.

The MF's at VBC are VERY high. You're better off retroing the SVV and upgrading the SBP, IMVHO.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
They also would throw in about 40K in Starwood points..I might have to do it for that reason alone

The maximum value you should assign the starpoints is $1400, since you could buy them directly from starwood for that.

Michael

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
How do you hope to use this that would warrent you having to upgrade through the developer?

See post #7, above.