• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New ts for us in NYC!

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants

mjc775

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk + DRI/HVC
I got an email about this today as well. It looks like another hotel with limited availability that will likely use up my yearly 8500 points for a few nights stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
The points cost will indeed be interesting! Many of course wont need or afford a 5 star Manhattan timeshare, as with all locations. I have stayed in our hotel in London England i think 10,000 points per night which was a bargain given my alternatives.

But it is not a hotel this time,, it is a timeshare as the link explains.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Boy two whole Units. Will these be hard to Book?

mjc775

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
...But it is not a hotel this time,, it is a timeshare as the link explains....

Email seems to indicate a hotel booking:

“Diamond Resorts

Welcome to NYC

The Park Central Hotel

I am excited to announce we are again expanding Diamond Resorts into a new, urban market: New York City. Through a partnership with Highgate, you will have access to luxury suites and rooms at the preeminent WestHouse and Park Central hotels in the heart of Midtown Manhattan.

Situated on Seventh Avenue between 55th and 56th Street, Park Central Hotel New York boasts an enviable midtown Manhattan location steps from New York City’s iconic Central Park, Broadway and Times Square. WestHouse Hotel New York, located on 55th Street between Seventh Avenue and Broadway, is a true NYC pied-à-terre blending the plush comforts of an elegant Uptown apartment with the refined luxuries of a boutique hotel. It's located just moments from Carnegie Hall, Columbus Circle and Fifth Avenue.

Both properties will be available for booking soon. Stay tuned to your email inbox and the Member Area of DiamondResorts.com for details.

Our team is always looking for new vacation destinations and adventures for our members around the world. We are thrilled to be adding these two hotel options and can’t wait for you to experience all that The Big Apple has to offer.

Mike Flaskey
CEO, Diamond Resorts”

mjc775

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Booking is now available for WestHouse. 7-nights in mid-May is 31,900 points - just 4 years of saved points for me. I couldn’t find any availability for different dates/length of stay at Park Central.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Booking is now available for WestHouse. 7-nights in mid-May is 31,900 points - just 4 years of saved points for me. I couldn’t find any availability for different dates/length of stay at Park Central.

Awesome! Cheap for Manhattan

mjc775

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Am I paying too much for my yearly maintenance fees? I pay $0.224 per point ($1904) for my 8500/yr. Assuming I had enough points to book WestHouse, it would cost $7146 equivalent for a 7-day King Room in May. If I book the room through the hotel’s website it quotes $4048. I bet you’ll never see that comparison in a sales presentation.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Am I paying too much for my yearly maintenance fees? I pay $0.224 per point ($1904) for my 8500/yr. Assuming I had enough points to book WestHouse, it would cost $7146 equivalent for a 7-day King Room in May. If I book the room through the hotel’s website it quotes $4048. I bet you’ll never see that comparison in a sales presentation.

MF/point is cheaper once you reach 15,000 points (silver) where it is just under 20 cents. It is cheaper again at Gold and Platinum levels

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Many people pay $1000 a night, this room was making the rounds on social media today https://onemileatatime.com/comfort-inn-boardroom-suite/

A romantic weekend at a quality hotel in Manhattan... remember many Diamond members are Platinum and like luxury. Last visit to Polo Towers i asked the sales manager why i didn't get the windowed cityview office for my update like a guy i saw. Manager said he was buying 300,000 more points. Ah ok. No wonder the top sales staff make $$millions.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Isn't the Park Central the same building as Manhattan Club?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is that 31,000 points per night high / prime season? How many points will you needs to stay for seven (7) nights ?

How many units in each location will DRI have available for use?

mjc775

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is that 31,000 points per night high / prime season? How many points will you needs to stay for seven (7) nights ?

How many units in each location will DRI have available for use?

It was 31,900 for 7-nights in mid-May (low season I assume). I haven’t looked to see if they have a points chart yet.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
To “M,”. Thanks missed that 31,900 for Mid May (low season). What are the weeks for low season?

babysteps

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale; Diamond Resorts
FYI at the moment you might get to do an orientation at Park Central.

We are new to Diamond but not to timeshares - but new to TUG and knowing how to actually use our timeshare best. We had paid the $49 "orientation" fee when we bought points in Nov (coming in as Club Combinations with an existing inherited timeshare at Vacation Internationale). Then we realized we didn't need no stinkin' orientation and explained this nicely to the 2 reps who had called. We are about 4 hrs' drive from NYC and get there every 6 weeks or so, and one of the reps called us this past week and said he could book us at the new-to-Diamond Park Central for our orientation.

I will report back as this is contingent on someone "approving" and "scheduling" our 60 minute orientation (sales is onsite and available for orientations *except* Tuesday check-ins, I know sales is closed Wednesday and might maybe also be closed Thursday). Worst case we don't get confirmed, or cancel all over again, but best case we get lodging for $49 & an hour of our time instead of paying out of pocket for a regular hotel (er, motel, and likely in NJ or Queens - we're cheapskate travelers for beds when we're traveling for fine food lol).

babysteps

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale; Diamond Resorts
Update: got email confirmation for orientation for 2 nights at Park Central in May; our orientation is scheduled for 8:15 in the morning and is "approximately sixty (60) minutes".

I will update after we stay.