• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New to time share, Question on transfer process

Reaction score
I am new and looking to buy our first time share. Based on what I read Grandview is good place to start.

I just want see if the following is the usual time frame to transfer a ownership. Any advice is welcome

You would set-up your new RCI Points Account through the Grandview after ownership is transferred to you. It could take 3-5 weeks for the Transfer Agent to create the paperwork and have the deed recorded. Then it may take 3-5 weeks for Grandview to change the ownership in their system.

You would receive 98,000 points in future years (you can borrow points 1 year ahead if desired).

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If you are buying this timeshare directly from the resort, you should see if you can still rescind, because this resort is given away on TUG on a regular basis. Let us know if you need more info on rescinding.

Reaction score
If you are buying this timeshare directly from the resort, you should see if you can still rescind, because this resort is given away on TUG on a regular basis. Let us know if you need more info on rescinding.

sorry i forgot to mention it is from tug, I am reaching out to a post.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Well done! Who is doing the transfer? What title company?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is something that should have been negotiated between you and the owner upfront. I would ask right away, before you get any further down the road.

twise625

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is an additional step when buying a resale points RCI contract. Grandview will not set up your RCI points account, the timeshare transfer company will generally collect your RCI account fee and submit the RCI point account set-up and transfer paperwork. I have 2 transfers I am working on. RCI is a big hold up on the transfer process. I submitted the transfer paperwork on one December 4 and nothing yet. The other was submitted to RCI by the transfer agent at least a month earlier (or so they say) and still nothing on that one either. RCI is like a big black hole. You call to check on the status and no one can ever affirm that they even have your information for the transfer. They just say it will take 60 - 90 days and you will get an email when it is done.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I am new and looking to buy our first time share. Based on what I read Grandview is good place to start.

I just want see if the following is the usual time frame to transfer a ownership. Any advice is welcome

You would set-up your new RCI Points Account through the Grandview after ownership is transferred to you. It could take 3-5 weeks for the Transfer Agent to create the paperwork and have the deed recorded. Then it may take 3-5 weeks for Grandview to change the ownership in their system.

You would receive 98,000 points in future years (you can borrow points 1 year ahead if desired).
I’d try and hold out for an ownership worth 122K points. It’s the same maint feel but a lot more points

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
seems pretty rare. and price are generally bid up to quit high
You missed one being given away free with transfer fees paid in the bargain bin on TUG yesterday. They come up and even for a few hundred bucks it’s more than worth it!

Reaction score
You missed one being given away free with transfer fees paid in the bargain bin on TUG yesterday. They come up and even for a few hundred bucks it’s more than worth it!
must missed it. i will try to be more deligent search for it.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
must missed it. i will try to be more deligent search for it.
The 98K Grandview’s are constantly being given away for free. I’d hold off, if that was the unit you were looking at

Reaction score
yes, got itch finger. just want buy some thing first and see what this is all about. so many different options.

also i am confused at this ebay auction. y its bidding up a 61k unit. isnt it inferior?

i also thinking about put in a bid on the 4 bedroom regal vista / woodstone. isnt these 2 much better.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
yes, got itch finger. just want buy some thing first and see what this is all about. so many different options.

also i am confused at this ebay auction. y its bidding up a 61k unit. isnt it inferior?

i also thinking about put in a bid on the 4 bedroom regal vista / woodstone. isnt these 2 much better.

]

Could be a few reasons, shill bidders, clueless bidders, maybe even people that want fixed week 1. 13 bids but still only $26 so its not exactly a Sothebys auction.

Somebody just put a 122k on here for free, its probably gone now. He could have got a few thousand for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

nrslori

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not currently own a timeshare. I am in the process of acquiring a Grandview Timeshare from here on TUG, using LT Transfer. I think I understand the Sale / Transfer of Deed into my name from LT Transfer .
Is there somewhere or someone that can explain how the RCI process works?
- Should I join RCI first before the transfer process is complete , that way I will have an account to transfer into ?
- Or do I have to wait until I actually own and how long does that process take ?

Also what is a Trader ? I see all over TUG " I got it as a Trader " and "It would make a good Trader " How do I know what makes a good Trader ? I have looked but not exactly sure what I am looking for to learn .

Thanks !!!

BarryB

Reaction score
I was curious how the point transfer and RCI membership worked out for you. Would you mind discussing it?
For instance, what was the process like and if it all went smoothly and what could I expect?

I spoke to the sales office at Grandview and it was really unclear. I also spoke to RCI and they didn't have any useful information, which was odd.