• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New to Interval used to RCI

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
vacation village parkway and links golf and raquet
Hi,

I own an independent resort with float time.

I have a floating week/unit I have joined Interval with. I am used to RCI.com which while people complain about it has a lot more functionality than Interval. I am having trouble with the following. 1. I am only seeing getaways for short notice. I do not see them deep into 2022. I know they have rental only like RCI why am I not seeing those? 2. Can I do search first with floating unit/week? 3. Accommadation certificate - In reading these forums it seems like these are given like candy. I have not seen any could that be a function of my ownership? If I am looking at Mexico can I filter to not include all-inclusive?

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
II will add more Getaways as time goes on. For what area did you search? Do you mean non-AI resorts only have weeks in the next few months?
Some ownerships allow you to search before depositing, and others do not. What do you see in My Units? If there is a place to enter a reservation number, you could try to enter a dummy number like 91234567 and a date in 2022 and see if you can move forward to viewing inventory.
You'll get an AC the next time II decides to grant one. The current one expires Feb 27, 2022, so II will either issue a new one or extend the expiration, sometime in January.
The most highly voted "idea" in Interval's Community is to allow us to exclude the AI when searching. II has not implemented that idea.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Also note you can't look beyond the expiration of your membership.

Dave

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, RCI websearching options are certainly superior to II. But, once you play around with it enough, you get used to it. Most of us keep list of resort codes for places we desire to go to and search using that.

Your questions:
1. Haven't noticed short time period getaways, but I think Dave propbably hit is, you can only see as far as your membership goes out
2. Yes, you can search without depositing. Go to my units, select the week, input the date of the reservation you would deposit and you can search. Don't have a date yet, just make one up. If you have a float week, check the Travel Demand Index for your unit and always try to book the highest TDI for deposit with II. Search for your resort in the directory and click on Travel Demand index. You can also put in an OGS without depositing your week if you desire.
3. AC's yes they are rolled out all the time. You probably will get one at some point, you can keep an eye on "my units" for them.
4. Nope, not way to weed out AI in your search.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
vacation village parkway and links golf and raquet
Yes, RCI websearching options are certainly superior to II. But, once you play around with it enough, you get used to it. Most of us keep list of resort codes for places we desire to go to and search using that.

Your questions:
1. Haven't noticed short time period getaways, but I think Dave propbably hit is, you can only see as far as your membership goes out
2. Yes, you can search without depositing. Go to my units, select the week, input the date of the reservation you would deposit and you can search. Don't have a date yet, just make one up. If you have a float week, check the Travel Demand Index for your unit and always try to book the highest TDI for deposit with II. Search for your resort in the directory and click on Travel Demand index. You can also put in an OGS without depositing your week if you desire.
3. AC's yes they are rolled out all the time. You probably will get one at some point, you can keep an eye on "my units" for them.
4. Nope, not way to weed out AI in your search.

OK the inability to look at getaway dates was a user error. The way they make you choose dates in the drop down made me think there was not any getaways in 2022 but, I have found it thank you. I really hate their site compared to RCI. I know we complain about RCI a lot but, it seems they at least try to make it easy to use. They don't always succeed but, they try. So nothing like TPU's in II either right?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I agree the RCI website is better and offers more transparency. I am not sure I agree RCI “at least try to make it easy to use” (at least for timeshare exchanging). I do not anyone that thinks the changes on the RCI Points website makes it easier to use. It appears to me their main effort has been trying to steer ushers to booking hotels, rental cars, and cruises from the site.

OK the inability to look at getaway dates was a user error. The way they make you choose dates in the drop down made me think there was not any getaways in 2022 but, I have found it thank you. I really hate their site compared to RCI. I know we complain about RCI a lot but, it seems they at least try to make it easy to use. They don't always succeed but, they try. So nothing like TPU's in II either right?

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
FYI DVC just notified members that as of Jan. 1, 2022 they'll be trading in II again, not in RCI. A thread has been started on the DVC board.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
So nothing like TPU's in II either right?

Correct, the "power" of your unit can be a bit of a secret with II. As mentioned earlier, when you chose a week to deposit into II, us the TDI chart to determine the highest demand week and deposit that.

carmena79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hawaiian Princess Hawaiian Sun Holidays Vacations Internationale
For the life of me I can't remember how to find the tdi chart.in II

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
For the life of me I can't remember how to find the tdi chart.in II

There’s a link on the individual resort pages for the TDI chart applicable to the resort.

snickers104

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview RCI Points, Wyndham CWA
There’s a link on the individual resort pages for the TDI chart applicable to the resort.
So if you look at the TDI chart you want it to be higher is that correct for the greatest trading power?