• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New to HICV from Silverleaf

Julie Siefers

Reaction score
Hi. We just switched our Silverleaf resort week for HICV. points (Fox River). We bought 150,000 Pts for $14,300+/-. We think it is a good deal, but honestly never used our Silverleaf much, especially in the last 5 yrs since HICV bought them. We like that we can just plan to drive and stay in a hotel room and use the points; or take a bigger vacation at a resort if we desire. Did we make a good decision?

Julie Siefers

Reaction score
Hi. We just switched our Silverleaf resort week for HICV. points (Fox River). We bought 150,000 Pts for $14,300+/-. We think it is a good deal, but honestly never used our Silverleaf much, especially in the last 5 yrs since HICV bought them. We like that we can just plan to drive and stay in a hotel room and use the points; or take a bigger vacation at a resort if we desire. Did we make a good decision?
Is HICV a good decision?

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We are members we own 127,000 points at Orange Lake in Kissimmee. We usually convert to IHG for hotel stays, but we recently stayed at other HICV resorts. Oak and Spruce in Lee, MA. South Beach at Myrtle Beach, Cape Canaveral, FL. Impressed by the facilities, very clean and well maintained. Did you join Holiday Inn Vacation Club too? Thinking of trying the resort in Branson, MO later this year.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
If you’re asking if HICV is a good place or not I would say good

We have owned since 2003/4 on paper but rescinded and bought under very different circumstances a couple years later

We go 10-12 time a year. Some for several days. Some for just a weekend and for the most part have never had any bad experiences

Julie Siefers

Reaction score
If you’re asking if HICV is a good place or not I would say good

We have owned since 2003/4 on paper but rescinded and bought under very different circumstances a couple years later

We go 10-12 time a year. Some for several days. Some for just a weekend and for the most part have never had any bad experiences
Can I ask how many point you have? Do you use both Holiday Inn hotels and the resorts, as well as II, RCI, & IHG?

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
Can I ask how many point you have? Do you use both Holiday Inn hotels and the resorts, as well as II, RCI, & IHG?

We have just over a Million points but there was a time when HICV would transfer the weeks you already owned in to points if you bought something from them

So we bought a few from eBay, some from HICV and now all are points

They just changed something in their program that allows you to use all of your points in II as before this you were only able to use something like double points of what you had that were also part of II

I might be wrong ( others may have a better story ) but say I had 1 million but only 100,000 were from an II affiliated resort. Then as I understand I could use 200,000 in II

This just changed to if you own ANY in II then ALL your points with HICV are allowed so we just bought a small amount of points in an II HICV resort to bring or allow our entire points in as nothing we’ve owned up to this point were II

We do some IHG in areas like Boston. NYC Etc or when we travel and just need a single night or two but as others will tell you. That isn’t a great value. Not horrible but I wouldn’t buy just for that purpose

We have traded with RCI and with the level we are at in HICV we get back 30% of our required points as a rebate / discount

Just a side note
Depending on how you travel. If you stay Sun - Friday AM the point cost is 1/2 of a full weeks cost

So say a full week is 150,000 then you only book Sunday-Friday AM. Check out Friday morning it’s only 75,000
Friday and Saturday nights are the same fee as Sunday/Friday
So if you don’t need the weekend or want to get a cheaper hotel then you sorta end up with two weeks

Last edited: