• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New to Craiggendarroch

nauta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Craigendarroch
Hi, due to finding this forum within the rescission period of a timeshare purchase from HGVC, I saved a bunch of money back in February. Thank you! Based on what I read, I bought a resale lodge week at Craiggandarroch and everything has closed. I received the ownership certificate in the mail a few weeks ago. However, when I called HGVC yesterday to join and convert the week to points I was told that they don't have a record of the sale yet and it could take up to 30 days. Has that been anyone else's experience? Does anyone know if there's something I need to do besides call the main HGVC number (which is what the lodge office directed me to do when I called them directly)? Thanks on advance for any info!
Chris

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Hi, due to finding this forum within the rescission period of a timeshare purchase from HGVC, I saved a bunch of money back in February. Thank you! Based on what I read, I bought a resale lodge week at Craiggandarroch and everything has closed. I received the ownership certificate in the mail a few weeks ago. However, when I called HGVC yesterday to join and convert the week to points I was told that they don't have a record of the sale yet and it could take up to 30 days. Has that been anyone else's experience? Does anyone know if there's something I need to do besides call the main HGVC number (which is what the lodge office directed me to do when I called them directly)? Thanks on advance for any info!
Chris

It takes a hot minute to get your deed in the system. It might take up to 30 days, but probably closer to 2 weeks. Did you get a member number yet?

nauta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Craigendarroch
It takes a hot minute to get your deed in the system. It might take up to 30 days, but probably closer to 2 weeks. Did you get a member number yet?
There was a member number on the closing sheet but I wasn't sure if that was for me or the previous owner. I have them that over the phone but it didn't seem to be enough for them to do anything. I thought they would need to take my info and payment to join then issue me a number. Is that not correct?

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Welcome to TUG. Congratulations on rescinding and finding a Scotland deal. Did you work directly with the HGVC sales office to purchase? If so, contact them directly. When you purchased you should have completed an HGVC enrollment form as part of the paperwork (check your paperwork). Usually you submit that form and pay for that enrollment when you paid for your holiday certificate.

If you purchased directly from an owner, you need to contact the office in Scotland to find out how to fill out an enrollment form and get the process started.

How much did you save with your HGVC rescission? Also as a small thank you, consider a $15 paid membership to TUG for saving a boatload of money to help TUG to continue to pay it forward.

@GT75 This thread should probably be moved to the HGVC forum

Last edited:

nauta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Craigendarroch
Welcome to TUG. Congratulations on rescinding and finding a Scotland deal. Did you work directly with the HGVC sales office to purchase? If so, contact them directly. When you purchased you should have completed an HGVC enrollment form as part of the paperwork (check your paperwork). Usually you submit that form and pay for that enrollment when you paid for your holiday certificate.

If you purchased directly from an owner, you need to contact the office in Scotland to find out how to fill out an enrollment form and get the process started.

How much did you save with your HGVC rescission? Also as a small thank you, consider a $15 paid membership to TUG for saving a boatload of money to help TUG to continue to pay it forward.

@GT75 This thread should probably be moved to the HGVC forum
Thanks. No, I found it through a broker's site. I emailed the Scotland office. Hopefully I'll hear back next week and they'll be more helpful.
I did join the site right after finding it. Happy to support it! Hope it continues to help others like it did me.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
I thought they would need to take my info and payment to join then issue me a number. Is that not correct?
... Which you do by filling in the points enrollment form at the time of the sale of the unit. Scotland is responsible for collecting the form and payment, and passing it to HGVCorp. If you haven't submitted the enrollment form , now it's the time.

Last edited: