• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Resorts Coming

bryjake

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access, Midtown 45
At Williamsburg update, they strongly hinted that margaritaville Atlanta as well as some other margaritaville resorts will be added to the family

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
At Williamsburg update, they strongly hinted that margaritaville Atlanta as well as some other margaritaville resorts will be added to the family

They like “strongly hint” at a lot of things. When they “strongly hint” no one can claim they outright lied to them. They are leading you to believe that Atlanta would be part of the system. I believe it will be, but always take what they say (or hint to) with a huge grain of salt. Honestly, when someone starts with “at an update, I was told...” or “the sales person told me...” I immediately write that comment off. I know I’m not the only one. That’s how little credibility they have around here.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Atlanta is going to be a Margaritaville Vacation Club, not one of the Margaritaville resorts/hotels that are unaffiliated with Wyndham (Like Houston & New York City).

207 timeshare units from studios to 4-bedrooms according to this news article.

I do agree completely that you cannot trust anything a sales person tells you!

erniecrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Desert Blue
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Smugglers Notch
Hilton Las Vegas
Does anyone know if "Inn At The Park" in San Diego is available to Wyndham Owners? It shows Inn at the Park and World Mark Inn at the Park on the resorts site when I select Oceanside, Ca., but when I select "View Monthly Availability" it says "Something unexpected just happened! But we've been notified and we'll get it fixed as quickly as we can"

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I get the same message for Inn at the Park on Club Wyndham. In WorldMark, there is availability at that location for WorldMark Inn at the Park that is bookable. Not sure why it isn't working on the Club Wyndham side for their portion.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Four bedroom units in the heart of downtown Atlanta! I like that Wyndham is building real timeshare units in urban centers, unlike Marriott, which is basically just offering slightly larger hotel rooms in urban centers. (I have no dog in this fight, as I am not an owner in either system, but I would rather trade into something like this than any of the Pulse units any day.)

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Four bedroom units in the heart of downtown Atlanta! I like that Wyndham is building real timeshare units in urban centers, unlike Marriott, which is basically just offering slightly larger hotel rooms in urban centers. (I have no dog in this fight, as I am not an owner in either system, but I would rather trade into something like this than any of the Pulse units any day.)

Agree with you completely! I think more urban timeshare options is a good thing, but they can't just be glorified hotel rooms to truly be appealing. And they have to at least have a pool! No way my family would want to go on an family trip without some type of pool to enjoy.

Atlanta is a great choice too, so many good family friendly activities. I do so wish Club Wyndham would get a Boston one too!

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
What in the world in Wyndham doing building a resort in Atlanta given the many places they do NOT have resorts that would be much more needed?
I mean, is Atlanta suffering from a shortage of hotels? And I am sure the cost to stay here (and park here) will be something other than affordable...

As much as I like the decision to build in Moab, this decision is without logic. Who is Michael Brown surveying when he makes this claim:
......Downtown vacation destinations are the number one request from our owners, and Atlanta is at the top of everyone's travel list. This will be an extremely popular location for our members, adding to our stellar city-center vacation club locations...

As a Wyndham owner, I do not recall being surveyed on this question and while I might have missed the survey, Atlanta is NOT on the top of everyone's travel list unless you're a fan of Odysseus. There are several national parks around the country that still lack a resort in a reasonably handy location nearby and national parks have to be a much more consistently attractive draw than Atlanta and now, in light of recent events, why build resorts in urban areas?

I get that a better resort system will try and offer something for as many people as possible (featuring a variety of destinations) but Atlanta just is not an area lacking for places to stay.

------------------------------

I made this post in another thread, but I want to post it here to see what it is I might be missing about Atlanta (specifically) and urban area resorts in general. As I said above, I get that a resort system has to play to the widest possible audience, but since when has Atlanta been short of places to stay and are they really that many things to do in Atlanta to justify yet another urban resort?

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
What in the world in Wyndham doing building a resort in Atlanta given the many places they do NOT have resorts that would be much more needed?
I mean, is Atlanta suffering from a shortage of hotels? And I am sure the cost to stay here (and park here) will be something other than affordable...

As much as I like the decision to build in Moab, this decision is without logic. Who is Michael Brown surveying when he makes this claim:

As a Wyndham owner, I do not recall being surveyed on this question and while I might have missed the survey, Atlanta is NOT on the top of everyone's travel list unless you're a fan of Odysseus. There are several national parks around the country that still lack a resort in a reasonably handy location nearby and national parks have to be a much more consistently attractive draw than Atlanta and now, in light of recent events, why build resorts in urban areas?

I get that a better resort system will try and offer something for as many people as possible (featuring a variety of destinations) but Atlanta just is not an area lacking for places to stay.

------------------------------

I made this post in another thread, but I want to post it here to see what it is I might be missing about Atlanta (specifically) and urban area resorts in general. As I said above, I get that a resort system has to play to the widest possible audience, but since when has Atlanta been short of places to stay and are they really that many things to do in Atlanta to justify yet another urban resort?

I responded on the general appeal of Urban timeshares in the other thread but on you part about Atlanta specifically there is TONS and TONS to do. Its a very appealing location, especially for families and there are currently zero timeshares in any system anywhere near Atlanta that I am aware of. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.)

CNN Center, World of Coke, Georgia Aquarium, Civil Rights Museum, MLK Jr. National Park Site, College Football Hall of Fame, Zoo Atlanta, Six Flags over Georgia, Jimmy Carter's Presidential Library & Museum, and I'm sure more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Plus all of the pro sports teams! and many college sports events like the Chick Fil-A Kickoff Game, SEC Title Game, Peach Bowl, frequent NCAA Basketball tournament site, etc.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I would totally book there for a staycation, or to go to a con, or for running the Georgia Marathon.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I would totally book there for a staycation, or to go to a con, or for running the Georgia Marathon.
Oh stop that, @paxsarah - you'd just beam in from the Delta quadrant!

stevenh21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Flagstaff, Wyndham Fairfield Plantation, Harbortown Point(Ventura, CA)
... there are currently zero timeshares in any system anywhere near Atlanta that I am aware of. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.)
Wyndham at Fairfield Plantation is outside Villa Rica, GA. About 45 minutes west of Atlanta. It is not managed by Wyndham. There are units in some of the various HOAs, overlooking or close to the lake. I believe these are available with CWS, CWA and RCI.

Last edited:

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty darn cool. The pool looks sweet! I hope it actually looks like that when its completed.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
I responded on the general appeal of Urban timeshares in the other thread but on you part about Atlanta specifically there is TONS and TONS to do. Its a very appealing location, especially for families and there are currently zero timeshares in any system anywhere near Atlanta that I am aware of. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.)

CNN Center, World of Coke, Georgia Aquarium, Civil Rights Museum, MLK Jr. National Park Site, College Football Hall of Fame, Zoo Atlanta, Six Flags over Georgia, Jimmy Carter's Presidential Library & Museum, and I'm sure more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Plus all of the pro sports teams! and many college sports events like the Chick Fil-A Kickoff Game, SEC Title Game, Peach Bowl, frequent NCAA Basketball tournament site, etc.
Wyndham at Fairfield Plantation is outside Villa Rica, GA. About 45 minutes west of Atlanta. It is not managed by Wyndham. There are units in some of the various HOAs, overlooking or close to the lake. I believe these are available with CWS, CWA and RCI.

We have stayed at Fairfield Plantation. The timeshares are similar to individual houses. However, ours leaked when it rained and non-stop ants. All food had to be hung in bags from the cabinet handles. Too much driving to go in and out of Atlanta on a daily basis.

Olympic Park is a nice location for a timeshare.

Joe

troy12n

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand the draw of timeshares in downtown metro locations like Atlanta. I understand it for NY, San Fran, and Chicago when they had that one. But not Atlanta... other than the Aquarium, and Coke museum, there's nothing to do. I bet parking also is going to be quite expensive too. I can kind of understand Nashville, there's definitely more to do in downtown Nashville than the whole of Metro Atlanta... and there's plenty of Wyndham Hotel properties in Atlanta.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand the draw of timeshares in downtown metro locations like Atlanta. I understand it for NY, San Fran, and Chicago when they had that one. But not Atlanta... other than the Aquarium, and Coke museum, there's nothing to do. I bet parking also is going to be quite expensive too. I can kind of understand Nashville, there's definitely more to do in downtown Nashville than the whole of Metro Atlanta... and there's plenty of Wyndham Hotel properties in Atlanta.

I think Atlanta is very appealing. There is far more than just the Aquarium & World of Coke.
CNN Center, Civil Rights Museum, MLK Jr. National Park Site, College Football Hall of Fame, Zoo Atlanta, Six Flags over Georgia, Jimmy Carter's Presidential Library & Museum
Plus all of the pro sports teams and many college sports events like the Chick Fil-A Kickoff Game, SEC Title Game, Peach Bowl, frequent NCAA Basketball tournament site, etc.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed at Margaritaville Nashville 2 weeks ago and IMHO it was a great location within walking distance to all attractions downtown. Very clean room and a friendly staff. No request to attend a presentation was offered. The other Wyndham Nashville location is great for Opreyland and attractions outside of downtown but I just liked not having a rental car and having to take or wait for the shuttle bus downtown.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I think Atlanta is very appealing. There is far more than just the Aquarium & World of Coke.
CNN Center, Civil Rights Museum, MLK Jr. National Park Site, College Football Hall of Fame, Zoo Atlanta, Six Flags over Georgia, Jimmy Carter's Presidential Library & Museum
Plus all of the pro sports teams and many college sports events like the Chick Fil-A Kickoff Game, SEC Title Game, Peach Bowl, frequent NCAA Basketball tournament site, etc.

I agree with you 100%! I’m looking forward to this location. We typically go to this Atlanta for sporting events a couple times a year and I will definitely stay in this timeshare. The Wyndham hotels in the area leave a lot to be desired. Hopefully, the Margaritaville, will be as nice as the Nashville location, with the added bonus of actual condo units in addition to the hotel rooms.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
I am happy about the future Atlanta property. I have a LOT of conventions in Atlanta, and the downtown convention hotels are expensive. It would be so nice to stay in a timeshare for a convention. There are a lot of things to do in Atlanta. If this property is near the MARTA system that would be a big plus!

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Yes, there is a Marta station near the MB stadium and State Farm Arena.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Pool looks even nicer than the Margaritaville in Nashville, if it really turns out that way. And they show balconies on some of the rooms which would be a plus. Google maps already has this Margaritaville showing at this location .. Google 3d picture shows the construction site.

But who gets a foosball table in their room? Is that really a thing?

Bob