• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Purchase

angelc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own 3400 points in South Beach, looking to upgrade to more points should I sell my 3400 points to HGVC and purchase another unit from them or should I buy one retail and own 2 resorts.

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
DO NOT trade in your TS with HGVC and buy a new one from them. You will not get fair value for your South Beach TS and your new TS will be overpriced. Its kind'a like what would happen if you traded a '97 Chevy to a dealer and paid MSRP for a new car.

If you buy a second HGVC TS, you will end up paying two sets of MF's... but there are many Tuggers here who own multiple TS's and do this. IMHO, its your best option. However, you could try to sell your HGVC TS yourself (like on e-Bay) and buy a new HGVC with more points.

angelc

TUG Member
Reaction score
DO NOT trade in your TS with HGVC and buy a new one from them. You will not get fair value for your South Beach TS and your new TS will be overpriced. Its kind'a like what would happen if you traded a '97 Chevy to a dealer and paid MSRP for a new car.

If you buy a second HGVC TS, you will end up paying two sets of MF's... but there are many Tuggers here who own multiple TS's and do this. IMHO, its your best option. However, you could try to sell your HGVC TS yourself (like on e-Bay) and buy a new HGVC with more points.

Thank You:wave:

jestme

Reaction score
It wouldn't hurt to call and find out how much. Then calculate that cost out over 10-15 years of paying double maintenance fees. I believe you currently have a 1BR gold week, and a 2BR platinum would get you twice the points, for much less than twice the maintenance fees. Also, if you bought the South Beach one from them, they often give you full credit for what you paid for it on an upgrade.

angelc

TUG Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't hurt to call and find out how much. Then calculate that cost out over 10-15 years of paying double maintenance fees. I believe you currently have a 1BR gold week, and a 2BR platinum would get you twice the points, for much less than twice the maintenance fees. Also, if you bought the South Beach one from them, they often give you full credit for what you paid for it on an upgrade.

It is Gold and I bought retail.

Seth Nock

Reaction score
If you are going to buy retail again, you are better off trading in. If you are going to be resale, you may either buy a second unit, or sell yours and buy another.

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
If I had it to do over again, I would buy resale from Seth Nock. However, were it not for people like me who purchased directly from Hilton, there would be no resale market. That being said, Hilton has delivered everything it said and more as far as I am concerned. I think this would be a good time to buy more points rather than sell.

angelc

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I had it to do over again, I would buy resale from Seth Nock. However, were it not for people like me who purchased directly from Hilton, there would be no resale market. That being said, Hilton has delivered everything it said and more as far as I am concerned. I think this would be a good time to buy more points rather than sell.

Who's Seth Nock

Bustah

Reaction score
Seth gave a reponse to this thread a couple posts back and is a TS resaler many of us trust for questions and resale purchases. He has a link to his website under his name.

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Seth Nock is a certified Hilton Resale Agent. Numerous Tuggers have used his services to purchase Hiltons and Marriotts. His reply to you and a link to his website are already listed in this thread. He also advertises on ebay. He is definitely one of the most highly respected people in the TUG universe.

angelc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seth Nock is a certified Hilton Resale Agent. Numerous Tuggers have used his services to purchase Hiltons and Marriotts. His reply to you and a link to his website are already listed in this thread. He also advertises on ebay. He is definitely one of the most highly respected people in the TUG universe.

I got it now, Thanks