• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New purchase! (merged)

Mitoda

Reaction score
June 15th was that day for us!. We went to a presentation and my husband and I were all for it. Although I was skeptical my husband said yes. Due to his cancer we have been unable to give our kids the vacations that they deserve and this seemed like a great way to accomplish that. Before we said the full yes they were in front of us with champagne glasses. We went through the whole thing and left happy but me still skeptical. Sunday, although I had promised not to look for reviews online, I did and immediately felt sick to my stomach. There were many horror stories and eventually I found a website from an attorney that said we had time to undo what we did. After more search I found you!!!. I am very thankful. Tomorrow we will be sending in our letter. Although I am happy my husband thi is we should still keep it but he is signing it because it is what I want. We purchased 126,000 points and 174000 bonus for 2 years. Paying 390 a month including the monthly fee. $19,500. Please advise if we should cancel or if I should give in to what my husband wants. It sounds great for him and a friend has a Disney vacation club and she says is great. Everything in me says no but I also feel bad for his wishes. Financially it is not a smart thing in my eyes. Pl if we get a a timeshare through ebay with windham do we get to use the points to vacation anywhere where Wyndham has hotels like they said? Please help I am not completely sure as to why to do.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You should cancel. What you bought can be bought from another owner for a few hundred dollars. I don't have time to outline the whole deal, but others will. For starters, timeshare points DO NOT transfer into hotel stays. Good Luck!

Jim

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I second Jim's advice above - rescind and buy (essentially) the same at resale for MUCH less.
Am I reading your post correctly in that your purchase was (is) Disney Vacation Club?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Rescind immediately. (There are instructions in the paperwork they gave you - follow it to the letter. Do not call them and talk to anybody, they will only try to talk you out of it, so they can save their sales commission.) All you're doing by buying this $19,500 package is paying a salesman a big fat commission.

Here is what you need to tell your husband: There is nothing they sold you that you can't get on the resale market for pennies on the dollar. 126,000 Wyndham points is a very common thing, and it sells everyday on the resale market for a tiny fraction of what they sold you. This link is to a page of eBay completed auctions. Look at the sales price numbers: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...itleDesc=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1

As they say in this industry, "points are points." Where you got them doesn't matter, nor does what you paid for them. Whether you paid $19,500 or $5.00, it is the exact same points. With Wyndham points, the maintenance fees you pay are for the underlying deeded resort. But when you go to book something, you can spend your 126K points just like anybody else, no matter where you got them. Do not pay more than necessary. If your husband is ill, you can surely use that $19,495 extra dollars for something more important.

After you rescind, come back to Tug and read about how to buy properly on the resale market. Nobody here has any reason to mislead you. We are helpful, friendly people, many of whom started in timesharing just like you - by going to a presentation. The advantage you have is you can rescind while there is still time.

Good luck!

Dave

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
June 15th was that day for us!. We went to a presentation and my husband and I were all for it. Although I was skeptical my husband said yes. Due to his cancer we have been unable to give our kids the vacations that they deserve and this seemed like a great way to accomplish that. Before we said the full yes they were in front of us with champagne glasses. We went through the whole thing and left happy but I was still skeptical. Sunday, although I had promised not to look for reviews online, I did and immediately felt sick to my stomach. There were many horror stories and eventually I found a website from an attorney that said we had time to undo what we did. After more search I found you!!!. I am very thankful. Tomorrow we will be sending in our letter. Although I am happy, my husband thinks we should still keep it but he is signing it because it is what I want. We purchased 126,000 points and 174000 bonus for 2 years. Paying 390 a month including the monthly fee. $19,500. Is this a good deal? Please advise if we should cancel or if I should give in to what my husband wants. It sounds great for him and a friend has a Disney vacation club and she says is great. Everything in me says no but I also feel bad for his wishes. Financially it is not a smart thing in my eyes. If we get a a timeshare through ebay with windham do we get to use the points to vacation anywhere where Wyndham has hotels like they said? Please help I am not completely sure as to why to do.
Hi, welcome to tug.

If Wyndham is what you purchased, recind and tell your husband he can still get what he wants but on resale for just a few hundred dollars. Saving $19,500 will give him the same vacations. Show him what the others have written. As far as his friend owning DVC, that is a totally different system. Make sure you both totally understand what you are buying, even resale. There are many types of timeshares out there and you want to make sure you get what will work best for you.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Club Wyndham is a good program... I've been a member/owner for over 20 years now... initially purchasing from Wyndham, later adding resale contracts. By purchasing resale contracts, points can be obtained at a fraction of developer prices.

There are benefits to buying directly, but they're not worth the cost difference. One 'benefit' is the ability to use points for Wyndham hotels, as you mentioned, but it's not a good value considering the cost of your points... personally, I've never done it.

If you're completely new to timeshares, you may benefit from renting initially. You may find that there's another program you like that's better suited for your travel needs.

At any rate, welcome to TUG and CONGRATULATIONS on finding it in time to rescind! Stick around...this is a fun and interesting bunch of timeshare lovers (mostly.)

Aurelius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Run away! Rescind! Resale for a fraction of the cost if you love the system.

Attachments

• BA45A12E-4799-4490-84A8-4FD988ACAD3D.gif
    BA45A12E-4799-4490-84A8-4FD988ACAD3D.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Mitoda

Reaction score
Hi, welcome to tug.

If Wyndham is what you purchased, recind and tell your husband he can still get what he wants but on resale for just a few hundred dollars. Saving $19,500 will give him the same vacations. Show him what the others have written. As far as his friend owning DVC, that is a totally different system. Make sure you both totally understand what you are buying, even resale. There are many types of timeshares out there and you want to make sure you get what will work best for you.
Rescind immediately. (There are instructions in the paperwork they gave you - follow it to the letter. Do not call them and talk to anybody, they will only try to talk you out of it, so they can save their sales commission.) All you're doing by buying this $19,500 package is paying a salesman a big fat commission.

Here is what you need to tell your husband: There is nothing they sold you that you can't get on the resale market for pennies on the dollar. 126,000 Wyndham points is a very common thing, and it sells everyday on the resale market for a tiny fraction of what they sold you. This link is to a page of eBay completed auctions. Look at the sales price numbers: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=timeshare+126,000+wyndham+points&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1

As they say in this industry, "points are points." Where you got them doesn't matter, nor does what you paid for them. Whether you paid $19,500 or $5.00, it is the exact same points. With Wyndham points, the maintenance fees you pay are for the underlying deeded resort. But when you go to book something, you can spend your 126K points just like anybody else, no matter where you got them. Do not pay more than necessary. If your husband is ill, you can surely use that $19,495 extra dollars for something more important.

After you rescind, come back to Tug and read about how to buy properly on the resale market. Nobody here has any reason to mislead you. We are helpful, friendly people, many of whom started in timesharing just like you - by going to a presentation. The advantage you have is you can rescind while there is still time.

Good luck!

Dave

Thank you so much. That is why I asked for advise. I know that we can do better. I am so confused with the whole system. I spoke to him today and he understand what I have told him after reading many posts here. I really do want to learn about it and be well informed before we purchase. I dont want to get into debt in the process of wanting to give our family great memories. I am sending the letter tomorrow first thing in the morning and take it from there. I am expecting the sales lady to call us to ask the why but I dont care. It is what it is. I am grateful for the advise.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
126,000 is NOT a usable bundle of points. It will only give you 4-5 weekdays near (not AT) Disney, and less than a week in a QNE bedroom elsewhere. RESCIND TOMORROW. Time is of the essence! Save yourselves $10's of thou$and$! Don't let the bubbles in the champagne cloud your judgement.

Jim

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats on finding this site in time! Rescind NOW, research resale, and then purchase for pennies on the dollar. As others point out, you only have a set number of days to rescind.

Good luck!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow we will be sending in our letter. Although I am happy my husband thi is we should still keep it but he is signing it because it is what I want. We purchased 126,000 points and 174000 bonus for 2 years. Paying 390 a month including the monthly fee. $19,500.

Everything in me says no but I also feel bad for his wishes. Financially it is not a smart thing in my eyes. Pl if we get a a timeshare through ebay with windham do we get to use the points to vacation anywhere where Wyndham has hotels like they said?
As in your other thread. Rescind. Follow the instructions that are in your contract.
Absent those instructions, Just write a simple letter stating that you want to cancel this contract. Both of you sign the letter and send it USPS Certified to the business office P. O. address in Las Vegas.
If timeshare continues to seem like something your family could benefit from, by all means, spend as much time on TUG as you need to be completely knowledgeable about it. Rent in different systems (Wyndham is a good product but there are other very good systems, too)
Tell your husband that after the pressure is off, and if it turns out to be the best for you, (it won't) the package you bought will ALWAYS be available.
As I said in the other thread, timeshare points DO NOT translate into hotel stays- or for that matter have much value when used for cruises airfare and car rentals regardless of what you were told.

Get your letter written, make a COPY of the signature page of the contract to send with it and be ready to head to the post office tomorrow.

Welcome to TUG- We're glad you found us in time to save THOU$AND$!

Jim

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on finding TUG in time to save nearly 20 grand!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
June 15th was that day for us!. We went to a presentation and my husband and I were all for it. Although I was skeptical my husband said yes. Due to his cancer we have been unable to give our kids the vacations that they deserve and this seemed like a great way to accomplish that. Before we said the full yes they were in front of us with champagne glasses. We went through the whole thing and left happy but me still skeptical. Sunday, although I had promised not to look for reviews online, I did and immediately felt sick to my stomach. There were many horror stories and eventually I found a website from an attorney that said we had time to undo what we did. After more search I found you!!!. I am very thankful. Tomorrow we will be sending in our letter. Although I am happy my husband thi is we should still keep it but he is signing it because it is what I want. We purchased 126,000 points and 174000 bonus for 2 years. Paying 390 a month including the monthly fee. $19,500. Please advise if we should cancel or if I should give in to what my husband wants. It sounds great for him and a friend has a Disney vacation club and she says is great. Everything in me says no but I also feel bad for his wishes. Financially it is not a smart thing in my eyes. Pl if we get a a timeshare through ebay with windham do we get to use the points to vacation anywhere where Wyndham has hotels like they said? Please help I am not completely sure as to why to do.

126k points will cost at most $300 on resale market. 11 days ago, I bought a TS for $4.5k. TUG advised me to rescind, which I did on day 2. I just got my refund back.

Been doing a lot of TS research since. I got offered the SAME TS I rescinded for $1 resale. I recently purchased a $1 resale TS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

If you are wondering why the TS is supposedly nice to you, he’s getting a 6 percent commission, or $1,170 off you $19,500.

If time is short as you caretake for both your hubby and children (God bless you!), TUG offers personal, expert help for $50. I do NOT benefit. But I do guarantee that you can get 126k annual Wyndham pts for at most $1,000 TOTAL ($300 resale price, $300 closing costs and recording fees and postage from LT Transfers, $300 Wyndham transfer fees, $50 TUG personal Expert assistance).

What can you do for other $18,500? Put into your children’s education or weddings, IN ADDITION to Wyndham vacations bought resale.

What does the TS salesman have to gain? $1,170. What does Wyndham have to gain? $18,300 after salesman’s commission. What does TUG have to gain? At most $50 if you are short on time and buy TUG’s premium feature.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Thanks, learned something new.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, learned something new.

I learned a lot from TUG the past 11 days since stupidly buying, but smartly rescinding my $4.5k TS purchase. I probably spent about 33 hours reading TUG and soaking up TS knowledge. I feel I barely scratched the surface of TS knowledge.

I just bought a $1 resale contract in closing stage and using LT transfers! I’m so excited!

What will I do with $4.5k savings? Toward my child’s education at a Public college or university.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I learned a lot from TUG the past 11 days since stupidly buying, but smartly rescinding my $4.5k TS purchase. I probably spent about 33 hours reading TUG and soaking up TS knowledge. I feel I barely scratched the surface of TS knowledge.

I just bought a $1 resale contract in closing stage and using LT transfers! I’m so excited!

What will I do with $4.5k savings? Toward my child’s education at a Public college or university.

Congrats on your purchase. I might have negotiated down to 50 cents but that’s just me :)

Knowledge is power when it comes to buying timeshares. In fact it is power for all things timeshare because those that understand the ins and outs consistently get the best floating weeks and best trades. The owners who say that timesharing is a scam because they can’t book anything never took the time to learn how to maximize their ownership.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Look at Marketplace on TUG, not eBay, we help each other on buying selling and renting.
I’m not knocking eBay but I trust TUG more.
Silentg

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Moderator, can you merge these two identical posts?

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
Congrats on your purchase. I might have negotiated down to 50 cents but that’s just me :)

Knowledge is power when it comes to buying timeshares. In fact it is power for all things timeshare because those that understand the ins and outs consistently get the best floating weeks and best trades. The owners who say that timesharing is a scam because they can’t book anything never took the time to learn how to maximize their ownership.

I have purchased and sold many items in my life but I doubt he could have negotiated a 50% drop in price. Maybe. But this isn’t Mike and Frank from American Pickers

A little more realistically would be a 10-25% cut

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
@TUGBrian is this true? I’ve never heard of expert paid help being offered by Tug. ?
Jeez! And all along I've been dispensing my 'Expert' advice free. Gratis. Por nada. Maybe that's what it's worth, but still. . . .

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we do offer a personal assistance package now for members who wish for a bit more hand holding yes.

there is nothing provided in the assistance on top of what could be gleaned by reading articles or the forums (its even mentioned there in the description)...but we get regular requests to have someone to personally speak to to point them in the right direction vs having to find everything on their own.