• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New points owner

bo_mull

Reaction score
Hello my name is Bo, I purchased 84000 points retail during the summer and was told that I could get 1 week vacation a year with it. I've been looking at the directory and decided that the salesman lied. I booked 2 small vacations next year with the bonus points they gave me and pooled my 2017 points to use in 2018. Too late to rescind so I decided I am going to make the best of it and pay off the retail points and buy some resale points in the coming months. I would like to raise my points up to around 250,000 per year. Would this be enough points for a decent vacation every year?

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello my name is Bo, I purchased 84000 points retail during the summer and was told that I could get 1 week vacation a year with it. I've been looking at the directory and decided that the salesman lied. I booked 2 small vacations next year with the bonus points they gave me and pooled my 2017 points to use in 2018. Too late to rescind so I decided I am going to make the best of it and pay off the retail points and buy some resale points in the coming months. I would like to raise my points up to around 250,000 per year. Would this be enough points for a decent vacation every year?

It will get you a nice week somewhere but it really depends on where you want to go and how big of a timeshare you want to stay in. Take a look at the directory and see the points for each property. http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/plus_membersdirectory1415/

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Granted, 84,000 points is a very small contract. Are the points deeded or are they CWA points? It appears you live in Tennessee. You're not far from Myrtle Beach so spending the week between Christmas and New Years on the beach is with 84,000 points. And you can have some points leftover. . .

bo_mull

Reaction score
I think my points are deeded and not access. We have 3 grandchildren that live with us and would need at least a two or three bedroom.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry ... but 84K in points will not get you much (esp for a family of 5 persons). And that represents about $540-600 yearly in maintenance fees.

Are these Club Wyndham Access or Club Wyndham Plus points? If CWP, which resort are the points deeded at (Home Resort)? Learning this will HELP you in your future vacation planning.

For LIGHT reading with the required highlighter ... start reading from front to back, the Member Directory. I call it the pretty picture book of Wyndhan Vacation Resorts with all the detail about HOW MANY POINTS vacation stays will cost per unit size and season of the year. These are your RULES ... you would tell any student to READ TEXT BOOK. You have or are paying your tuition and maintenance fees ... just like a college student. And you would DEMAND any college student to go to class (TUG), read their text books (the Member Directory) and pay their (loan & MFs) bills ... all to gain the benefit of decent family vacations.

PS I recommend you read that Member Directory 3 times ... each with a different color highlighter. Wyndham hired English majors or technical writers ... every term means something different. The first time thru, you will say to yourself .. "Oh, ABC is like MNOP". The last time thru, you will be correcting yourself with ABC means THIS and MNOP means something different.

bo_mull

Reaction score
Sorry ... but 84K in points will not get you much (esp for a family of 5 persons). And that represents about $540-600 yearly in maintenance fees.

Are these Club Wyndham Access or Club Wyndham Plus points? If CWP, which resort are the points deeded at (Home Resort)? Learning this will HELP you in your future vacation planning.

For LIGHT reading with the required highlighter ... start reading from front to back, the Member Directory. I call it the pretty picture book of Wyndhan Vacation Resorts with all the detail about HOW MANY POINTS vacation stays will cost per unit size and season of the year. These are your RULES ... you would tell any student to READ TEXT BOOK. You have or are paying your tuition and maintenance fees ... just like a college student. And you would DEMAND any college student to go to class (TUG), read their text books (the Member Directory) and pay their (loan & MFs) bills ... all to gain the benefit of decent family vacations.

PS I recommend you read that Member Directory 3 times ... each with a different color highlighter. Wyndham hired English majors or technical writers ... every term means something different. The first time thru, you will say to yourself .. "Oh, ABC is like MNOP". The last time thru, you will be correcting yourself with ABC means THIS and MNOP means something different.

Thanks, It's CWP points and yeah 84000 is not enough for my family size. When we bought them, it was just me and my wife but our daughter passed away in september and now we have custody of our 3 grandchildren. I have read some of the member directory and am still reading it now, (that's where I learned about pooling points). My home resort is Bentley Brook and I probably will never visit there because it is a ski resort and I don't ski.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Vacationhopeful is right. Read, read, read. Digest as much info as you can and ask questions. I would recommend resale in your situation to add to the number of points you have. Look through the directory. Decide where you think you might like to go and the size unit you will need. That will give you a starting point form determining how many points you need. When you buy resale, choose a resort with low MF. There is a spreadsheet with a list of resorts and their maintenance fees are. The UDI tab, displays dollars per 1,000 points. National Harbor, Panama City, and Canterbury are usually the lowest UDI MF. They have a "bargain bin" forum here for stuff people are giving away for free. Most importantly determine how much you can afford in upfront costs and monthly maintenance fees and stick to that.

Sticky - Wyndham 2017 Maintenance Fee List

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=249380&share_fid=67985&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, It's CWP points and yeah 84000 is not enough for my family size. When we bought them, it was just me and my wife but our daughter passed away in september and now we have custody of our 3 grandchildren. I have read some of the member directory and am still reading it now, (that's where I learned about pooling points). My home resort is Bentley Brook and I probably will never visit there because it is a ski resort and I don't ski.

Bentley is actually a beautiful resort to visit in the other 3 seasons of the year. It's beautiful and very relaxing and in Summer months there is a lot of summer happenings in that area. We don't ski either and live on the opposite end of the country but were glad for the holiday time we spent when visiting Bentley.

Welcome to TUG BTW! :hi: Also, condolences on the loss of your daughter. Big unexpectd life-shift for your family. Linda's suggestion of regular attendence at TUG Timeshare School is really sound. Lots of searches can be done to get most all the answers about Wyndham. Read, read, read. Also concur with Richelle specific to knowing your budget on what you can afford for annual MF's. Super important to get your head around that bit.

Adding resale points with deeds that have low MF's will be your best bet.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, as you NEED bigger units, read the Last Minute Rental thread regularly. For the $100 per night weekly limit, you can visit 2bdr units for way lower than the MFs most of the time.

When looking to buy ... you must now consider SCHOOL schedules. And most likely you will be driving. Your Home Resort will save you money by not paying exchange fees and will allow 'brainless' vacations. Yee ... a summer vacation either week 26 or 27 is usually July 4th week ... buying that week in the mountains or on the beach; same for other weeks for different time of the year and school schedules. Might cost you MORE than a cheap offseason week to buy ... but you will have save lots of time and planning. And kids generally, like knowing where they are going.

If you listen to PRESENTATIONs by timeshare sales people, they will LIE about easy trading into PRIME time or trading up in seasonal stays at the resort (as an owner). Remember, each resort usually sells 51 out of the 52 condo weeks per unit - the 52nd week (not "week 52") for maintenance or out of service. You need to buy WHAT you use.

Also, buying into 3 different 'systems', means learning 3 totally different sets of "RULES". Rent and ask lots of questions before buying. I own Wyndham points plus Fixed Weeks at a separate (non-Wyndham) resort. Planned as the resorts are in the same area (6 miles apart) ... I just drive down the A1A/Ocean Drive when staying in the area (in the dead of winter).

Way easier to buy than to sell ... so research and figure out YOUR plan before buying ANYTHING. Buying is easy ... selling is WAY harder.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I didn't think they even sold those small point packages like 84,000 points anymore! The last few years when we've attended updates and they tried to sell us more points they said that 105,000 or 154,000 points, sorry don't remember which, was the smallest point packages they sold. Maybe because we were already owners? Or maybe because they lie? LOL.

Back when we first bought they used to sell the small point packages just to get you in the door. It set them up to sell you more points when you figured out that you really needed more points to be able to go for a whole week at most resorts. The minimum package back then was 77,000 points and in the high weeks (weeks 1-6, 8-10, 17-13, 34-36, 41-48) it gets you a full week in the one bedroom suite at Cypress Palms in Orlando.

FPCypressPalms1B.gif