• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Point System for Marriott

travelplanner70

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know this is all speculation, but I wondered how other point systems work assigning points to certain weeks. For example, if Marriott allots points to a Plat. Manor Club, would it allot more points to someone who reserved the July 4th week versus points for a less desirable Plat week? Will the specific week reserved be recognized with increased point value if it is a more desirable week? Or, do point systems allot one amount to any week in a particular season?

Thanks for the information.

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
If I understand your query-My understanding is Marriott points are determined by where and when season you purchased plus any.bonus incentives. It is not based on what you trade for.

In some locations there are holiday specific weeks that cost more so you are guaranteed that week and may have higher points July 4th or Christmas week and cost more to buy.

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Again all speculation but are you asking about owners reserving a week at their home resort and getting a different amount of points depending upon which week they reserve? In other words owners who reserved the July 4th week at Manor Club would receive a higher # of points then someone who reserved the 1st week of May even though both weeks are in the platinum season?
I would seriously doubt that would happen. First of all everyone would want to reserve weeks that gave them the highest point value. The reservation process would be horrific. It's bad enough trying to get prime weeks already without giving those weeks more points. Secondly, Marriott would have to look at very single reservation and make a determination as to how many points to assign each owner every year based on the week they reserved? What a nightmare! I am sure that IF they ever gave points for weeks the platinum plus owners would get the greatest # , followed by platinum owners and so on. The particular week that someone reserved within a season would have no bearing on the points assigned.

tlwmkw

Reaction score
I assume you are talking about the much discussed Marriott internal exchange system that people have been discussing frequently on this site. No one knows if, or when, Marriott will do this. It could be just a certain number of points based on season, but then someone buying at the newer, more expensive resorts would expect more points, also would views get different points within the same season? You can speculate forever about this. Many permutations exist. Disney has a good model and I would hope Marriott would go for something like that.

travelplanner70

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is just what I am wondering. What do other models do to assign point values? Resort, season for sure. But, how about week within the season? Some would say too diffiuclt to allot points on particular weeks within a season.