• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Photos Marriott Marbella & Update

jerseyfinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMB MVO
I've posted some new photos of the Marbella resort for those who are interested. You can find them at this link. The most recent pictures comprise about the first 30 images. I'll leave these images in place a couple of weeks before mixing them throughout the existing collection.

As I was updating, I try to identify some of the buildings and locations so that folks have an idea about specific buildings etc. I use the guide pamphlet they give you upon check-in. The interesting thing is that I can find no names for the last three buildings ( those closest to the main gate side of the resort ). Does anyone know their names? That would be buildings 40,41, & 42 on the pamphlet map.

Our own trip was fantastic -- could it be any other way? ;) We spend 2 weeks, one at Marbella and the second at Playa Andaluza. The weather is a little dodgy with some clouds and showers, but the tempertures remain 75 or higher throughout & there's no way that weather can intefere with our own enjoyment.

The resort is mostly full during our week. Things are looking great on the grounds & throughout the villas. A measure of a well-maintained and well-managed property. Enjoy one dinner at the El Med on the terrace. Good food and a wonderful view of the Med. Charlies Sports Bar is active & we snack there a couple of times as well.

Lots of annual upkeep and maintainance is scheduled from October into early next year ( paving the parking lots and other refurbishment work ). It's a good idea to visit the resort page via MVC and check a copy of the work schedule if you're heading to MMB in the off season.

The beach got a little beat up during some storms, but this does not deter sunbathers. My wife and I prefer walking up the beach a ways to the other beach concessions where we sprawl out on our towels and watch the world go 'round. I get some great sunset pictures here and I hope to post them soon along with stuff from Ronda and Playa.

Not much else to say about Marbella except I highly reccomend that every MVC owner fanangle a trade to one of the Costa del Sol resorts to get a look at a superlative year-round destination.

Barry

Last edited:

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice pictures! Does the wife stay at Marbella year round? :)
I loved it there, too!

taffy19

Reaction score
I enjoy seeing your pictures. Where is the closest airport if you want to visit here?

Jeffrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Malaga (AGP)

The Malaga Airport (AGP) is the closest. Malaga is about 30-45+ minutes (50 km) from Marbella MMB and about 60+ minutes (80km) from Andaluzza MUZ. This all depends if you take the scenic coastal routes or the (toll) highways.

andrea t

TUG Member
Reaction score
Barry,
Every time I look at your photos, I move Marbella higher up on my "places to visit" list. After looking at them all again this morning I have decided to put in for a trade with my Aruba week. Hope to visit in the summer of 2010. As always, thanks for sharing.

jerseyfinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMB MVO
Barry,
Every time I look at your photos, I move Marbella higher up on my "places to visit" list. . . .

Andrea,

Glad to hear that Costa del Sol is on your radar. Then again, Aruba, Waiohai, St.Thomas, St. Kitts, Tahoe, & Newport are just some of the places on our yet-to-be-visited list. Hard to say when that will happen as we have a cozy routine of visiting Spain twice a year and we present lack the courage ( :bawl: ?) to break that routine. Then again, they always tell you to own where you will want to visit.

I know that MVC is not a "perfect" product, but you know what?; from day one those Marriott reps were right about your biggest problem being finding the time to travel to all the resorts you want to go to. It really is that simple. And it's a good thing to be able to visit an MVC resort during these tough economic times whre you can ( temporarily )escape the media and the politial promises of clowns promising to fix everything under the sun.

I guess that the key is to get out there and use your weeks by going someplace.

I'm presently sorting through an avalanche of photos taken during those two weeks. I'll let folks know when I get more of them on the web. I guess you can see that I love photography, but I also enjoy helping TUGers get a better idea of what some of the resorts and places we have visited are like so that you can all find your own journey.

I was out in the back yard the other day taking pictures of the leaves as they turn color and I've kind of got a hankering to do a road trip to Sedona and the red rock canyons there whose leaves turn a couple of weeks after we do here in NJ. I'm trying to use an AC to set up a brief trip, but can't get the dates I want thus far. Then again, Life is always about the journey.

Thanks for your comments.

Barry

welshhope

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wonderful pictures I can see why you love the place. We are off to Marbella in a couple of weeks and wondered if would you recomend requesting any block in particular or any to avoid. I know there is still an element of luck on allocation but I thought I would ask we were really disapointed with the location of our room at NCV earlier in the year so we are hoping to do a little better on this trip.
Really grateful for any tips.
Thank you
Janet

clivemark

Reaction score
Hi Barry

Can you recommend unit(s)/blds to request, please? I will have a 3bed over the new year week in Dec08.
This is for Marbella Beach Resort, I must add.

Thanks in advance.

jerseyfinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMB MVO
We ourselves roll the dice and aside from a no-smoking and no ground floor view request , we take whatever they give us. Other TUGgers might be better able to warn about poor views since we've yet to bump into one of those. One of the neat (confusing ) things about MMB is that there are so many different layouts for the villas depending upon which building you're in. I've yet to figure it all out, but it makes each stay interesting.

In terms of buildings closest to the front ( Med side ) of the resort, those would be buildings 40,30,20,& 10. Marbella is in general a very quiet resort. My villa pictures from the balconies and villa all reflect views from the west courtyard which faces the adult pool and the fountain which is a scenic and tranquil place -- buildings 22,21, 12, & 11. We specifically have stayed in Los Perales (12) and Los Limoneros (11). We rather like this courtyard. Buildings 42, 50 & 60 are located at the back-most part of the resort. While it would not upset me to be in these buildings, they might be my last choice if forced to choose.

Hey, safe travels and have a great trip clivemark and welshope. Make sure to set some time aside for a drive into the mountains to see those white villages. There's a few ways to make a circular drive thru Ronda so be sure to get a map and check with the concierge.

Barry

clivemark

Reaction score
Hi Barry

Thanks for your insight into this... I will try to do most... Hopefully things are still open between XMas and the NewYear otherwise it will be ghosttowns wherever we go!

Janet, since you are going in a couple of weeks I would appreciate your feedback regarding what blds/unit to go for... I do prefer seafront.

Enjoy and thanks.