• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Photo Album-Willow Ridge Lodge, Branson MO

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Just posted a new photo album of Willow Ridge Lodge. It had been a minute since we were last at this resort. All the way back to 2012. The upgrades from the Horizon's concept to full on Marriott are notable in the units if you go back to any of our older albums.
It's unfortunate IMO that this resort will never be built out. Presently there are only 3 buildings where there should have been 5 on this one block of land, plus another block of land that should have held another 5 or 6 buildings. Such a shame and a waste that this resort never lived up to it's full potential. Even so, it's one of the nicer resorts in the Branson area.
Marriott’s Willow Ridge Lodge - Branson, MO 7/2021 - dougp26364 (smugmug.com)

Lv2Trvl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice tour! You did a great job of showing the grounds as well as the villa. Looks great.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JohnB3

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - SSR
Grandview Las Vegas (RCI Points)
Marriott - Willow Ridge
Great Pic's @dougp26364 I have a 2 bed platinum I got as a trader, but used an AC to visit December 2019 and enjoyed the resort and Branson more than I expected I would. I agree the resort and folks who work there are great. I'd go back without hesitation

David10225

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Barony Beach
We've been twice and I really love the resort. Best rooms in my opinion overlook the pool which is quite relaxing. I'm amazed that they spent all of that money on the preview center (as you make the turn in the resort) and it is not used, I guess except for storage or offices. I hope the owners at that resort are not paying for upkeep of that building. I also agree - wish they had another building or two as on our visit in late Spring, we had a hard time getting in.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any Building/ Room request recommendations? We have only been once, during Coivd and it rained so it was just a room to us that time.
Plan to grill this time too.
Got a 2 Bedroom and we have another couple coming to visit for a few days.
And Thanks for the photos. Can't wait.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Outstanding photos of the whole resort.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Opps.

planada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Kauai Beach Club, Marriott Sabal Palms,Marriott Waiohai Beach Club, Cibola Vista Resort, Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach,Marriott Destination Points,Vidanta Nueva Vallarta Grand Lux
we just returned from Willow Ridge. What a gem...........great area. our view was the parking lot but even with that said, we watched herds of deer grazing and laying in the grass just beyond the cars. My only complaint was lack of food on property. Not a big deal unless you return or check in very late. Just would have been nice. 100% would return.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Doug, nice job.

travelgirl8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Doug,
We just returned from Willow Ridge also. Thanks for all your recommendations. Your photos brought back all the laughs and good times we had there. You actually got a pic of our rooms! The kids had a great time in the pools and actually used the whiffle ball field twice in the heat of July! There was also a covered area next to the pool we used that had tables and chairs. The grills were close to our room and we used for them for several dinners. We even met someone from Long Island there! It was like a different world from the highway, so quiet and serine. There was plenty to do outside the resort if you wanted to leave. We did rent a boat for a day on Table Rock Lake. For us it was a great choice. The water was warm and you could drive the boat up to restaurants for lunch. The lake is so big that you were mostly by yourself. You could also go back to the dock to blow up the tubes and get snacks. We went to Top of The Rock and Big Cedar Lodge. When you get to the top of the mountain there is a sign "Welcome to Paradise." You see the view of Table Rock Lake and the valley and it is spectacular. We also visited The Keeter Center at the College of the Ozarks, which is part culinary and agricultural college. The lunch at the rustic Dobyn's dining room had good food and a beautiful view from the outside deck. The kids enjoyed the zip lining and the mountain coasters. There were two Walmarts and a grocery store close by. We also found a market that specialized in vegan food and one that had a great butcher shop. Of course, my favorite part was watching everyone have such a good time while I was sitting on the patio sipping my wine! All in all it was a great trip. Thanks to you all for your suggestions to make our trip great!

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Doug,
We just returned from Willow Ridge also. Thanks for all your recommendations. Your photos brought back all the laughs and good times we had there. You actually got a pic of our rooms! The kids had a great time in the pools and actually used the whiffle ball field twice in the heat of July! There was also a covered area next to the pool we used that had tables and chairs. The grills were close to our room and we used for them for several dinners. We even met someone from Long Island there! It was like a different world from the highway, so quiet and serine. There was plenty to do outside the resort if you wanted to leave. We did rent a boat for a day on Table Rock Lake. For us it was a great choice. The water was warm and you could drive the boat up to restaurants for lunch. The lake is so big that you were mostly by yourself. You could also go back to the dock to blow up the tubes and get snacks. We went to Top of The Rock and Big Cedar Lodge. When you get to the top of the mountain there is a sign "Welcome to Paradise." You see the view of Table Rock Lake and the valley and it is spectacular. We also visited The Keeter Center at the College of the Ozarks, which is part culinary and agricultural college. The lunch at the rustic Dobyn's dining room had good food and a beautiful view from the outside deck. The kids enjoyed the zip lining and the mountain coasters. There were two Walmarts and a grocery store close by. We also found a market that specialized in vegan food and one that had a great butcher shop. Of course, my favorite part was watching everyone have such a good time while I was sitting on the patio sipping my wine! All in all it was a great trip. Thanks to you all for your suggestions to make our trip great!
Who did you rent boat from

pspercy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club x2
DC points
Are the bed headboards an outline of Table Rock lake?

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
In addition to my photo albums, like others I’ve begun to experiment with Video tours. Like the photo albums these are for reference only and they’re not polished productions. Steven Spielberg Or Francis Ford Coppola I am not, but they might give you a different feel for each resort. As time goes on I’m sure I’ll refine how I video resorts and how I organize each set of videos.
These are really just for TUGGERS who wish to get a better feel for the resorts than static photos show and hopefully add to the volumes of resorts already videographer by other TUG members.