• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 29 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Come check it out for a chance to win a Free TUG membership (or renewal) just for helping out!

Read more here
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! 60,000+ subscribers! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Photo Album Marriott's Willow Ridge Lodge in Branson, MO

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I have photo's of all but the game room area. With luck it will be empty at some point before we leave. This is a very nice resort and, for families has what I feel is the best pool area of all the Branson resorts. Unfortunately, they closed the outdoor pool the day after we arrived, so my pics of the pool deck show a lovely green pool cover.

Here's a link to the album. http://dougp26364.smugmug.com/Trave...idge-Lodge/19376866_D3WN6s#1531649933_QdJn3BX

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Does the resort have shuttle service to the strip? Thanks, Sue

Not that I'm aware of. I really don't know of any resort that has shuttle service to 76 country music blv. There is a service that picks people up to take them to shows that I've seen available at most resorts. Since we haven't booked any shows this weekend, I don't know if this service stops by the Marriott.

Branson is mostly a drive to destination. Yes there is a regional airport here but, it's s tough town to be in without a car. For years they've talked about a monorail but I doubt that will ever be built. I think that's mostly in timeshare salesmen's fantasy land along with the rumor that Disney was coming to town (it never was).

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Great photos. Thanks.

STEVIE

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the name of the airport that serves Branson, and does anyone know which airline from Ct. is best to take? Sue

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Caribbean, Royal Haciendas, Marriott Grand Chateau,
What is the name of the airport that serves Branson, and does anyone know which airline from Ct. is best to take? Sue

There's an airport in the Branson area (BKG). There are a few carriers like Air Tran and Fronter. The next closest airport is Springfield, MO.

Mike

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen WestinStJohn VGV, SBx2 & CVx2 SVV Morritt's Seaside
As always, thanks for the photos - this is one of my home resorts and the renovation looks great.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
As always, thanks for the photos - this is one of my home resorts and the renovation looks great.

We were in building 2 this time. I noticed when I walked by buidling 1, they still had the picnic table style dining room table rather than the traditional table with chairs. To be honest, the way those units are set up, I prefer the picnic table style dining room table with the bench seat along the wall. The space just felt a little cramped to me.

I was pleased with the table and flat panel TV vs the shelf with old style TV an I prefered the new beding to the old comforter. The handheld shower head I found to be a waste as it didn't have adaquate water pressure. FWIW, it's either the mounted shower head or the hand held shower head. Both won't have water flow at the same time, which really didn't surprise me.

The resort map clearly shows where building 3 and 4 should be. The remainder of what was planned buildings show on the map but, none have building numbers. I doubt this resort ever reaches the original build out as planned. I'm hoping that they will eventually put buildings 3 and 4 in as planned around the main portion of the complex. As of now there was no signs of additional construction.

I did like the whiffle ball field. I felt that to be a unique use of available land. I'm not certain how many kids still play whiffle ball but, with our limited space growing up we use to play it all the time. A dedicated ball field like that one would have been a God send to us back then.

Last edited: