• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New photo album - Grand Colorado on Peak 8

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
This time I experimented with a few video tours of the resort. They are at the end of the page. There are some things I need to work on and do better, but they’re not horrible so I left them. I have noticed that the quaintly can vary depending on the device they are viewed on. For instance, on my older iPad all the videos are horribly over exposed. I’m not sure why it’s device dependent but they play well on my PC, iPhone and newer iPad.
Here’s the link

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Stayed here 3 weeks this past winter. Great location at the base of Peak 8, great amenities, and great timeshare overall. The quality of their massages at the on-site spa is very good. Appreciated the 2 complimentary drinks at the lobby bar for owners/potential owners. And note the obligatory "beware the altitude" for those coming from low elevations. Grand Colorado is at 10,000 feet elevation.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel your photos are excellent. IMHO.
I just wish we lived in the Midwest sometimes.. You have excellent timeshare resorts in, Hawaii, Washington, California, New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado, and Mexico you can fly to under six hours for vacations.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Great photos! I had the same experience with all of the videos: The thumbnail looks fine, but if I play the videos, they are all severely over-exposed. Very weird!

Kurt

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Rick's firehouse was station 9 by the Denver Coliseum. During the stock show in January, many of the out-of-state visitors to that traditional event had issues with dizzy spells and fainting. They were unaware of how the altitude could affect them.

Denver is 5,280 feet, so just imagine how those people would be at 10,000 feet. Good thing they warn people in Breckenridge. Even my sister had issues in Breck, and she lives near Denver.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Great photos! I had the same experience with all of the videos: The thumbnail looks fine, but if I play the videos, they are all severely over-exposed. Very weird!

Kurt

I’m not sure what’s going on, I assume it’s the hosting website. I may try uploading the to YouTube, but the reality is I’m not wanting to put a lot of effort into video production.
the videos are done on a new iPhone 12 Pro using 4K at 60fps. It’s only on my older iPad that they’re over exposed.
I think I’ll try HD at 60fps and 30fps and see what happens. I also need to look at the videos on the older iPad from my cloud account and see if they’re overexposed. If they are, it’s most likely the older equipment. If not it likely has something to do with my photo hosting site.
At any rate I won’t have a lot of time this week, but maybe by our next trip I’ll have it worked out

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Maybe it’s chrome then? I typically just use explorer unless there’s a reason for me to use Chrome or Firefox. Of course this wouldn’t explain why the newer iPad views it fine but the older version doesn’t.

EDIT: has to be the hosting site. I just looked checked the videos from the cloud account and they play fine.
So I guess I’ll need to see about uploading them to YouTube or just stick with photo’s

Last edited:

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great photos...thanks for posting! Do you like Grand Colorado better than Grand Lodge at Peak 7 ? We’ve stayed at Grande Lodge at Peak 7 many times and love it...wondering if we should give Grand Colorado a try....

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Great photos...thanks for posting! Do you like Grand Colorado better than Grand Lodge at Peak 7 ? We’ve stayed at Grande Lodge at Peak 7 many times and love it...wondering if we should give Grand Colorado a try....

We prefer Grand Colorado. The units are closer to Marriott standards and were Chairman’s Club level owners in that system. Grand Colorado was also built with AC were as Grand Lodge was retro fitted with the ductless AC.

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We prefer Grand Colorado. The units are closer to Marriott standards and were Chairman’s Club level owners in that system. Grand Colorado was also built with AC were as Grand Lodge was retro fitted with the ductless AC.
Thanks! We will definitely have to check out Grand Colorado the next time we’re in Breckenridge.