• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New owner, how long to wait?

BigDave

Reaction score
Hello all!

Glad to have found this board, its great. I just purchased Parc Soleil resale (1br Penthouse Gold - 4200 points). The deed was recorded on Sept 21 and the resale agent said the next step is that HGVC will contact me. My question is, what is the typical wait time until I'm set up in the system and can then book rooms etc? Is there someone there that I could call to check status? Also, does HGVC intentionally drag their feet for resales as I've heard some companies do?

As part of the sale, I got 2015 points and paid 2015 maintenance. I had them book a stay for us in November using 1700 points (having to pay the booking fee and guest cert fee, which was fine). I just want to be sure I'll be in the system and be able to bank the remaining 2015 points before the deadline. Anyone who's been in this situation I would love to hear about your experience. Thanks!

Dave

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
"Recorded on Sept. 21," means recorded with the County Records Office on Sept. 21.

Then the recorded deed goes back to the title company, then they send it to HGVC to change in their records.

I'd expect it to be 30-45 days before you hear anything.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My first resale HGVC took about 2 weeks to be in the system after recording. It sounds like it is normally taking a couple weeks longer than that right now. I did call HGVC before they contacted me to see if I was in the system. I was and was able to set up an online account. The RCI portion of the online account wasn't ready and I think that took a couple more weeks.

They do not jerk around resale owners. It takes a while because there are so many resales to process. You can check with them (as I did) and have partial use of your account if you are impatient like me.

BigDave

Reaction score
Great info, thanks everyone! Can I ask, which number did you call to contact them? Should I call Parc Soleil directly or is there a centralized number?

Dave

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
At what point in the transfer process can you request the conversion of the next year HGVC points to HH points?

Say the transfer docs are received by Hilton on 12/1/15 and they take 3 weeks to complete the transfer (is this too optimistic?), would it be possible to convert the 2016 HGVC pints into HH points to take advantage of the 25:1 conversion?

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Great info, thanks everyone! Can I ask, which number did you call to contact them? Should I call Parc Soleil directly or is there a centralized number?

HGVC Member Services:
Telephone From the U.S. & Canada.... 800-932-4482
Office Hours: Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST
Friday & Saturday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sunday: Closed

Do not call individual resorts. They do not manage accounts.
Reservations are made online (preferred) or by calling member services.

Wait 2-3 weeks after the record date (9/21) b4 you call.
If they haven't rec'd your paperwork, your closing agent is at fault.
Ask for a "Club Member #. Then go to https://www.hgvclub.com/login.php
Click on "Create a new account" on the lower left.

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
At what point in the transfer process can you request the conversion of the next year HGVC points to HH points? Say the transfer docs are received by Hilton on 12/1/15 and they take 3 weeks to complete the transfer (is this too optimistic?), would it be possible to convert the 2016 HGVC pints into HH points to take advantage of the 25:1 conversion?

To convert 2016 HGVC points to HHonors points:
You must have a Club Member # in hand or an online account, and you must do so by Midnight on 12/31 this year... You can do this online or by calling Member Services. The HHonors points will post your HH account in the 1st week of January.

Warning: In the past, the system becomes jammed during the last few days of the year and there is a chance that you won't get thru until 12:02AM EST on New Year's Day, in which case, you're too late.

But I must ask: Why the heck do you want to do this? Converting HGVC to HHonors is a notoriously poor use of points. For the same points you could use for a 3N weekend stay in a HGVC "studio," you'd score about 1N in a Hampton Inn in the boonies. Buy hey, whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
To convert 2016 HGVC points to HHonors points:
You must have a Club Member # in hand or an online account, and you must do so by Midnight on 12/31 this year... You can do this online or by calling Member Services. The HHonors points will post your HH account in the 1st week of January.

Warning: In the past, the system becomes jammed during the last few days of the year and there is a chance that you won't get thru until 12:02AM EST on New Year's Day, in which case, you're too late.

But I must ask: Why the heck do you want to do this. Converting HGVC to HHonors is a notoriously poor use of points. For the same points you could use for a 3N weekend stay in a HGVC "studio," you'd score about 1N in a Hampton Inn in the boonies. Buy hey, whatever floats your boat.

Assuming my purchase goes through, I will not be able to use it next year and I don't have a desire to trade via RCI. Our 2016 vacations have been planned for a while. I am actually working on planning 2017 now. And, I don't think I can get a prime week I can rent this late in the year.

I agree the conversion is not favorable, but I am glad I have the option. The unit I hope to get would convert to 315,000 HH points. I can certainly put those points to good use in the future.

Having explained this, do you think I am missing something?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Assuming my purchase goes through, I will not be able to use it next year and I don't have a desire to trade via RCI. Our 2016 vacations have been planned for a while. I am actually working on planning 2017 now. And, I don't think I can get a prime week I can rent this late in the year.

I agree the conversion is not favorable, but I am glad I have the option. The unit I hope to get would convert to 315,000 HH points. I can certainly put those points to good use in the future.

Having explained this, do you think I am missing something?

You can also move your 2016 HGVC points forward to 2017 and have more vacation time in 2017, a much better use for the points.

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can also move your 2016 HGVC points forward to 2017 and have more vacation time in 2017, a much better use for the points.

I considered that, however it would be hard to use all of them in 2017. I would have 25,200 HGVC points in addition to several units with Satarwood and Marriott.

BigDave

Reaction score
HGVC Member Services:
Telephone From the U.S. & Canada.... 800-932-4482
Office Hours: Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST
Friday & Saturday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sunday: Closed

Do not call individual resorts. They do not manage accounts.
Reservations are made online (preferred) or by calling member services.

Wait 2-3 weeks after the record date (9/21) b4 you call.
If they haven't rec'd your paperwork, your closing agent is at fault.
Ask for a "Club Member #. Then go to https://www.hgvclub.com/login.php
Click on "Create a new account" on the lower left.

Fantastic, thanks! If I haven't heard anything I'll call them around mid October and check status. I was told when I purchased this that I have until the end of the year to bank the points to 2016.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fantastic, thanks! If I haven't heard anything I'll call them around mid October and check status. I was told when I purchased this that I have until the end of the year to bank the points to 2016.

You do, but the call center and the website get overloaded towards the end of December. Even yesterday, whenever I tried to log into the website, it said it was too busy and to try again later. So, you'll want to bank as soon as your account is set up.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I was told when I purchased this that I have until the end of the year to bank the points to 2016.

You can "Rescue" 2015 points for stays in 2016 at HGVC+RCI resorts.
You can also "Deposit" 2016 points into 2017 as full-use HGVC points.
This can be done online (preferred) or by calling Member Services.

BigDave

Reaction score
You can "Rescue" 2015 points for stays in 2016 at HGVC+RCI resorts.
You can also "Deposit" 2016 points into 2017 as full-use HGVC points.
This can be done online (preferred) or by calling Member Services.

Thanks, I've read the overview that's on this site which is great. I'm still a bit fuzzy on Rescue versus Deposit, I thought one had to do with converting points into RCI only points and the other was just banking HGVC points for use in the next year?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Thanks, I've read the overview that's on this site which is great. I'm still a bit fuzzy on Rescue versus Deposit, I thought one had to do with converting points into RCI only points and the other was just banking HGVC points for use in the next year?

You can only do the "Deposit" before January 1st, and the points are added to your account.

Once the points are in your account, your only option is to "Rescue" them.

For example, if my account normally generates 5000 points, and i know i will not be traveling in 2016. I can request, and pay to have these deposited into 2017. Thus in 2017 you will have a single bucket of 10,000 points. These are available for all normal HGVC uses.

You can always borrow them back in 2016 if your plans change and you decide to travel. Only down side is you will have paid to do the deposit.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
The rescue fee is discounted $10 during Oct-Nov to encourage folks to do it early and avoid the Dec crunch.