• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Owner, booking questions

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
King's Land
Hello everyone! My wife and I stayed at King's Land in February and loved what we saw, ended up purchasing at even year 2br Plat (13440 pts biannual). We had hoped to return this December over Christmas, but the center of the week got booked out before our window opened. Mistakes in expediancy were made, home week is a thing, I am dumb, lesson learned.

I had a newbie question. Another forum had suggested booking as soon as available, even if the stay is shorter than desired, so when 3 days were available, even though I wanted a full week. After that, to 'walk' the booking forward each day when a new day is available. How do I go about this? Is this doable online or do I need to call in? Any other things you have learned over the years that you'd be willing to give as advice?

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
You do it online from a computer (not a phone/tablet).

1. https://club.hiltongrandvacations.com/en/reservation#/list
2. Change Reservation
3. Push your booking by one day at midnight on this screen:
1648656224216.png

I've been walking BR2 reservation in Kings' Land for about two weeks already, and my target stay is 12/28-1/9. I have only 1 more day to release, and 9 more days to add. (And we'll see if I can add days beyond 2022; other TUGgers say it's not possible but we'll see...)

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
King's Land
Thank you for your help. Was able to book Kohala Suites from 12/24-12/31 last night at midnight. Not my first choice but I am sure Kohala is nice too.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just looked now and I do see a couple of unit types (1BR, 2BR) available at KL for 12/24-12/31. I don't see anything available at Kohala for that time. Maybe you grabbed the last availability?

Cheers.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
King's Land
At time of booking there were a few 2BR units left at KL for those dates (none now it seems) but the rate was a bit over 20k points. Kohala was 15k, more doable. Glad I got it, I did not want to pay 20k, but I probably would have, begrudgingly.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
At time of booking there were a few 2BR units left at KL for those dates (none now it seems) but the rate was a bit over 20k points. Kohala was 15k, more doable. Glad I got it, I did not want to pay 20k, but I probably would have, begrudgingly.

Yeah, the units I saw were slightly north of 20K. Looking at your points, I had thought that those were not the droids you had been looking for. Just didn't know what the point values on the now-unavailable units would have been for comparison.

Kohala is very nice. We've stayed there several times and it is worth the visit.

Cheers.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
Is this because of the week 51-52 timeframe? Normally KL has lots of availability right?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
King's Land
I would imagine it is the timeframe. Everyone I ever knew growing up in middle of nowhere NY romanticized the fabled 'Christmas in Hawaii' that was only for CEOs, lawyers and doctors, not the unwashed masses of rural America. I still have that bug. My wife, who grew up on Oahu, is genuinely confused because it is nothing special. Deep down, I know it isn't anything special either (aside from Hawaii being special anytime) but I have to do it once before I die, lol.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
My wife, who grew up on Oahu, is genuinely confused because it is nothing special

If you want to spend this time of a year when kids are off school in a warm location, your domestic destinations are limited. In the continental US, your destinations are South Florida, South Padre Island in Texas, Southern California - but they aren't guaranteed to be warm all the time. We stayed in SPI multiple times over the years, some days are warm, some days are not, but nights are cold, guaranteed. We also stayed at HGVC MarBrisa in SoCal this Christmas/NYE. It was pretty warm but not warm enough to enjoy a pool (the kids did but shivered, old bones me didn't enjoy at all, but hot tub worked for me). Hawaii, on the other hand, is guaranteed to offer warm weather, day and night. It is, therefore, special, since no other location in the US can match that.

milkycow

Reaction score

Did you have to borrow future points to hit the 15k because you bought the 13440 point ownership?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Did you have to borrow future points to hit the 15k because you bought the 13440 point ownership?
If he owns every other year it's very difficult to combine multiple year points. You have to Save (pay a fee) into the gap year then borrow (free) from the next year.

It's always best to borrow, use your points before paying the maint fees, and no transaction fee.

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk