• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Orleans: Murder at Wyndham Avenue Plaza

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
WWL reports that a suspect was found in the bathroom of the unit and arrested. No weapon was found and the theory is that the man was beaten to death with fists.

Security at Avenue Plaza??

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tuggers,, please do not open your hotel or villa door to a stranger. Please look for an employee name tag. Also, if you did not call for maintenance do not open the door. Please called the front desk and security and report this IMMEDIATELY. This a tragic story.IMHO

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's odd that the perp stayed in the unit until the police arrived.
It appears that there could be more to the story.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I think it will come out that the wife actually pulled the fire alarm and pounded on doors. That’s what I would have done to get help before trying to make my way to the lobby.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t access two news articles without subscribing

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it will come out that the wife actually pulled the fire alarm and pounded on doors. That’s what I would have done to get help before trying to make my way to the lobby.
That is an excellent suggestion. if you are able to pull the fire alarm in safety.

Pull that fire alarm. Help will be in your room in minutes.

Last edited:

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I couldn’t access two news articles without subscribing
Sorry, the one I posted was from the app, and I didn’t know I had subscribed!
The article I posted said the hotel has video showing the perpetrator going door to door knocking. Then it says “At some point he gained access to the Missouri couple’s room.” It didn’t make clear whether the couple opened the door themselves (in response to the fire alarm) or he opened it. After the wife saw the man enter the room, she ran into the bathroom, but when she saw the assailant punch her husband in the face, she ran out of the room to get help.

Very sad!

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I've read here in Missouri (the couple was from the St Louis area), the assailant was running up and down the hallway banging on doors before the fire alarm was pulled. When the fire alarm went off, the wife woke up and opened the door to see what was going on. That's when the assailant pushed his way inside and started beating on her husband. It appears to have been a totally random act of violence. The assailant told police he'd been drinking in the restaurant where he worked a few blocks from Avenue Plaza, but he doesn't remember anything after that. I'm betting a toxicology report will find there was more than alcohol in his system.

There's an updated story here - https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/...enue/289-b85b1e95-dc09-4c78-9f86-2f41692b4614

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
omg why am I just reading about this now?
I have a lover/hate relationship with NOLA and this is why. Totally senseless random violence.
I'm not going to cancel my trip but I really hope they have some enhanced special security. I will be extra vigilant.