• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New offer, 780,000 points for about $48k

ondeadlin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not a believer in the points system, but the deal I received today strikes me as potentially interesting for someone who is.

If you want a referral to the salesperson who sent it along, send me a PM. He's a straight shooter. If I were ever to buy developer, it'd be from him:

2 Platinum weeks in Marriott's Fairway Villas (just outside Atlantic
City New Jersey)

Price for both weeks is $41,800
One time closing costs about $1400 for both weeks

They trade for 100,000 Marriott Rewards Points each, EVERY YEAR
Yearly fees $874 per week which includes real estate tax

Here's the breakdown

300,000 Marriott Rewards Points for the purchase
80,000 self referral points
200,000 08 points ( must pay 08 fees )
200,000 09 points ( must pay 09 fees )
780,000 total points within your first 6 months of ownership

On top of that, if you purchase in the next 21 days or send me someone
that purchases, I will throw in a $200 in Marriott Money

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
So what can you do with all those points? I looked at the Marriott Sticky and couldn't find the answer.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
This doesn't appear to be any better than the regular offers (except Fairway is cheaper to purchase):

150,000 incentive points per purchase
40,000 self referral points

then you turn in the unit for the other points with paying for Maint fees.

The new orlando one was better with:

200,000 incentive points
40,000 referral
110,000 points included for 2008 (no MF fee)

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe, but the Lakeshore Reserve offer is over,

and it would have cost closer to (or above) $60K,

and Lakeshore Reserve can only be traded for points EOY (except for the first couple),

and Marriott's Fairway Villas currently still gets you a bonus week from II when deposited while most Marriotts (Ocean Point, Beachplace, Grand Chateau and Manor Club, to list a few) no longer do. You can probably bet that Lakeshore will not either.

Overall, not a bad deal for Fairway Villas if you were interested IMO.

Terry

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Platinum manor club - 19,500. Trades EY for 110K points - 875 (I think) maintenance. Might be even better...

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed at Marriott's Fairway Villas twice, once on an exchange and once off-season as an inexpensive II Getaway. I like their golf course and the pool. Beyond that I have little more to say. Sounds to me like they have had much slower sales than anticipated. What do you people know about Marriott's plans to build more buildings ? IMHO it's not the kind of location I would sink that kind of money. Just a personal opinion.
K.

Latravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
This doesn't seem to be anything spectacular. I would expect those amount of points if I was buying 2 weeks at once since it's pretty standard to receive half those points if you buy one week.

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
What do you people know about Marriott's plans to build more buildings ? K.

I received an update from MFV in February of this year. The update stated that Building 6 would be starting construction in April of this year. I didn't go this year, so I can't say if that happened. My understanding is that they weren't having a lot of trouble selling MFV because when I was there in '07, the saleswoman told me they weren't selling it anymore, and she was only talking to me about other resorts. With the new building, sounds like they've picked it up again.