• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New member question

BartonPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
1 wk gold season at Marriott Surfwatch, Hilton Head, SC. 3BR Garden View
3500 Marriott Destination Points (annual)
I am evaluating the sale of my 3500 Marriott Destination points. I can see the current listings. How can I see a list of completed sales? I've been given price points of $6-8/point by a bunch of sales outfits, but I suspect that's baloney based upon your listings and others on Ebay. I'd like to confirm that by getting a list of completed sales of Marriott Destination Points in, say, the last year or two. Can I do that on the TUG site?

R1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club
Your probable look at more like $1.50 to $$2.00 per point based on what is listed and sold on Redweek. What ever you do don't pay a broker any upfront fee to list and sell your points.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
An outfit telling you $6-$8 is also probably wanting to charge you a bundle of money in an upfront fee to be able to list it on their website. Also check out www.rofr.net to see sales that passed/failed ROFR.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
There is no listing of completed sales on TUG. www.rofr.net will show you the prices at which Marriott exercised or did not exercise ROFR -- which is the price no savvy buyer will exceed. You may find data points on eBay; search for points auctions and then check the box "completed".

If you read enough TUG threads you will see the pattern of $1.50 - $2.50 per point sales. Remember that Marriott adds a $3/pp "education fee" so it collects more on resales than do the sellers.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
You can look at completed sales on EBAY.

BartonPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
1 wk gold season at Marriott Surfwatch, Hilton Head, SC. 3BR Garden View
3500 Marriott Destination Points (annual)
If you find a buyer at these prices, can TUG link you up with a dependable title company that will ensure the deed is properly transferred, escrow the funds, and coordinate as required with Marriott? What does that service typically cost and does the buyer pay?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you find a buyer at these prices, can TUG link you up with a dependable title company that will ensure the deed is properly transferred, escrow the funds, and coordinate as required with Marriott? What does that service typically cost and does the buyer pay?

Contact LT Transfers and they'll handle everything for you. Cost around $250. Highly recommended and website below:

www.LTTransfers.com

You negotiate with the buyer as to whom will pay the fee.

itanic

Reaction score
Does LT Transfers include an escrow service as well?

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Does LT Transfers include an escrow service as well?
I bought a timeshare from another Tugger and used LT Transfer. We used a "soft escrow". I had a cashiers check made out to the seller and sent it to LTT. It was held until the title was transferred and recorded. After everyone had done what they were obligated to do, the funds were released.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I bought a timeshare from another Tugger and used LT Transfer. We used a "soft escrow". I had a cashiers check made out to the seller and sent it to LTT. It was held until the title was transferred and recorded. After everyone had done what they were obligated to do, the funds were released.
How long ago was this? I don't think LT has done this for several years. They now have an escrow service for an additional fee.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I suspect that it was four or five years ago. It is good that they now have a regular escrow service. Thanks for the update, @dioxide45

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott offered my a hybrid deal that was around $6-$7 a point. And included some bonus points etc... So that translate to $3-$4 resale.
So if someone (not a broker) is offering $5 take it and jump for joy.
As others said $1.50-$2 is the rate now.
Redweek can give you another place to get an idea of what people are offering,
I see over 30 listing at $2 or less

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Marriott offered my a hybrid deal that was around $6-$7 a point. And included some bonus points etc... So that translate to $3-$4 resale.
So if someone (not a broker) is offering $5 take it and jump for joy.
As others said $1.50-$2 is the rate now.
Redweek can give you another place to get an idea of what people are offering,
I see over 30 listing at $2 or less
How many PlusPoints were they offering that would have an additional value of $3 pp in the deal?

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many PlusPoints were they offering that would have an additional value of $3 pp in the deal?
$3 is the junk fee. So $4 resale point + $3 junk fee = $7 point direct from Marriott. And Marriott is making that point in their sale pitch (at least they did to me)