• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New member looking for CWA points

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Hello TUGgers! I'm a new member although I have been reading the Wyndham forum for the past several years. My wife and I have 450,000 developer purchased CWA points and have been TS owners since 2014. Yes, we paid developer prices for 2 contracts about a year apart. The second contract was CWA and we also had the first contract converted to CWA. We kind of knew what we were doing as my brother-in-law had been a Wyndham member for about 25 years and has recently went VIP platinum with his latest purchase. We took several trips with him before taking the plunge ourselves. We now want more points so we can travel more but we no longer want to pay developer prices.

We are looking for around 250-300k CWA points and have started perusing the various TUG sites, eBay, redweek, etc. I do have a few questions that I would appreciate some help with from the TUG experts.

1. I understand the additional points would not count toward moving up to the (currently) Gold VIP level. However, the main reason we want CWA points is for the ARP. I thought I saw recently in another thread that all points, developer & resell, would be available for the 25% discount and automatic upgrades. Is that correct or are the developer purchased points only available for those perks?
  2. If it takes 3-6 months to close on a contract, does it make any sense to purchase one at this time with 2019 points and a Jan-Dec use year? It's unlikely the deal would close in time to use the 2019 points, isn't it?
  3. The TUG marketplace and bargain sites are my first choice as far as finding a deal. I'm a little skeptical of eBay as I've never bought anything from there and I've read a few posts about bad actors on that site. I'm just not familiar enough with the other seller's websites to know who is legitimate and who isn't. Am I wrong? Should I broaden my options or just take my time and wait for what i want to show up on TUG?
That's it for now. I'm looking forward to being a TUGger and learning much more about resells and timeshare ownership.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
Most will probably tell you to look for a lower mf contract and that is probably the best thing. Do you really need more arp? Are you going to use 750,000 points over 10 months out? If you are then CWA is probably the best way to go, I am happy with mine. If only half of your reservations will need arp I would look at a lower mf contract to bring your overall mf average down. Have you looked at adding pic weeks to become platinum? You can get there for about $16k with 2 pic weeks.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Most will probably tell you to look for a lower mf contract and that is probably the best thing. Do you really need more arp? Are you going to use 750,000 points over 10 months out? If you are then CWA is probably the best way to go, I am happy with mine. If only half of your reservations will need arp I would look at a lower mf contract to bring your overall mf average down. Have you looked at adding pic weeks to become platinum? You can get there for about $16k with 2 pic weeks.
Really just trying to keep it simple. I’m not totally opposed to a lower mf contract if it gives me the points I want. Conversely, I don’t get hung up on saving a few dollars a month if it means I have to spend more time managing the points to ensure I can make the reservations I want, when I want. No, I’m not trying to become platinum. I’m good with the silver VIP perks, just want more points for more travel.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Will do. Thanks.
You can also ask Jared for the last MF bill. The 126k for $887MF might be a decent deal, as Previous Ts owner might be paying a $155 or $135 program fee. The 105k for $925Mf is crap

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello TUGgers! I'm a new member although I have been reading the Wyndham forum for the past several years. My wife and I have 450,000 developer purchased CWA points and have been TS owners since 2014. Yes, we paid developer prices for 2 contracts about a year apart. The second contract was CWA and we also had the first contract converted to CWA. We kind of knew what we were doing as my brother-in-law had been a Wyndham member for about 25 years and has recently went VIP platinum with his latest purchase. We took several trips with him before taking the plunge ourselves. We now want more points so we can travel more but we no longer want to pay developer prices.

We are looking for around 250-300k CWA points and have started perusing the various TUG sites, eBay, redweek, etc. I do have a few questions that I would appreciate some help with from the TUG experts.

1. I understand the additional points would not count toward moving up to the (currently) Gold VIP level. However, the main reason we want CWA points is for the ARP. I thought I saw recently in another thread that all points, developer & resell, would be available for the 25% discount and automatic upgrades. Is that correct or are the developer purchased points only available for those perks?
  2. If it takes 3-6 months to close on a contract, does it make any sense to purchase one at this time with 2019 points and a Jan-Dec use year? It's unlikely the deal would close in time to use the 2019 points, isn't it?
  3. The TUG marketplace and bargain sites are my first choice as far as finding a deal. I'm a little skeptical of eBay as I've never bought anything from there and I've read a few posts about bad actors on that site. I'm just not familiar enough with the other seller's websites to know who is legitimate and who isn't. Am I wrong? Should I broaden my options or just take my time and wait for what i want to show up on TUG?
That's it for now. I'm looking forward to being a TUGger and learning much more about resells and timeshare ownership.
One other site to try is Sumday vacations. I have used them many times and had no problems.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score

Sumday & The Timeshare Group — tochoa25 on eBay are excellent

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One other site to try is Sumday vacations. I have used them many times and had no problems.
I never got a Wyndham Ts through Sumday. How do you do that?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never got a Wyndham Ts through Sumday. How do you do that?
I have bought many from Sumday and never had a issue. The have all inventory listed on their website with pricing. They sell on ebay also. If you make them a offer they can be very flexible with listed pricing at certain times of the year.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can also ask Jared for the last MF bill. The 126k for $887MF might be a decent deal, as Previous Ts owner might be paying a $155 or $135 program fee. The 105k for $925Mf is crap
Are you
Thanks for the suggestions. Are these companies that will handle the sale and transfer from start to finish or if I find something, should I insist they use someone like LT Transfers? I read in another thread that it is always best for the buyer to insist on choosing the transfer company so there is a set of unbiased eyes on the contract and not just the seller.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
That's only necessary if you feel like they might be sketchy. Then you should insist on the closing company and using escrow or just insist to your self to be patient and find the right seller. Sumday has done 2 for me in the past year. They took care of everything with no problems. And they were responsive even after getting the money.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you

Thanks for the suggestions. Are these companies that will handle the sale and transfer from start to finish or if I find something, should I insist they use someone like LT Transfers? I read in another thread that it is always best for the buyer to insist on choosing the transfer company so there is a set of unbiased eyes on the contract and not just the seller.
Sumday uses the closing and escrow company Greatway services. You can always call and talk to someone at either place.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are you

TSN and Sumday both provide free transfer and closing services. I’ve never had a problem. I don’t trust any other third parties resale website yet.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are these companies that will handle the sale and transfer from start to finish or if I find something, should I insist they use someone like LT Transfers? I read in another thread that it is always best for the buyer to insist on choosing the transfer company so there is a set of unbiased eyes on the contract and not just the seller.
Both of these companies will take care of you from start to finish, no need to ask for outside involvement with the transfer.
Tochao25 even sent me a copy of the filed deed on a Wyndham Hawaii purchase in less than 10 days, everything in Wyndhams hands in less than 14 days

Last edited:

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Anybody have any experience with Redweek? A listing of 400k CWA points for $59.99 just went up there? That’s a little more than I was looking for but I would consider it if I could be assured it is legitimate?

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
Red week is kinda like Ebay. Its individuals or companies listing items through Redweek. Redweek does have a verification process that some listings go through that provide some peace of mind. Ebay cares nothing about you getting ripped off.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks. I think I’ll stay away. I didn’t realize that redweek just puts the buyer and seller together and doesn’t really participate in any way in the transaction. I’ll just keep looking.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I think I’ll stay away. I didn’t realize that redweek just puts the buyer and seller together and doesn’t really participate in any way in the transaction. I’ll just keep looking.

You need to learn how to read listings. Granted, often times resellers have no idea of what they are listing. MF and use year are really important, IMHO.

That particular seller is in fact illegitimate. That was discovered on Ancestry.com. How did you know that? Lol

That listing was using LT Transfers who was to hold the escrow account. And the escrow account was really only to hold the MF for the points to be awarded.

So read, read, read. Everything is here. And personally I now avoid Missouri sellers. It appears that Wyndham doesn't like them all that much.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You need to learn how to read listings. Granted, often times resellers have no idea of what they are listing. MF and use year are really important, IMHO.

That particular seller is in fact illegitimate. That was discovered on Ancestry.com. How did you know that? Lol

That listing was using LT Transfers who was to hold the escrow account. And the escrow account was really only to hold the MF for the points to be awarded.

So read, read, read. Everything is here. And personally I now avoid Missouri sellers. It appears that Wyndham doesn't like them all that much.

Thanks for the info, bendadin. Actually, I’m not a member on redweek so I couldn’t see all the information. I was trying to decide if I wanted to join but I’m still wary of them and ebay just because I’ve never used them and don’t know yet how to identify legitimate sellers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, bendadin. Actually, I’m not a member on redweek so I couldn’t see all the information. I was trying to decide if I wanted to join but I’m still wary of them and ebay just because I’ve never used them and don’t know yet how to identify legitimate sellers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Read the reviews here. My big problems (and they were big) were a result of incompetent closing companies.

And join Redweek. I've gotten some great rentals over there, albeit last minute.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

Sumday is in Missouri. I have used them many times without a problem.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Read the reviews here. My big problems (and they were big) were a result of incompetent closing companies.

And join Redweek. I've gotten some great rentals over there, albeit last minute.
Yes renting last minute deals I like.