• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Marketplace search tool and results are live!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
So in our 2023 revamp of the marketplace, this next project is completely redesigning the search tool as well as recreating how search results are displayed to potential buyers/renters.

Our current beta test for the new search tool is available here: https://tug2.com/TimeshareMarketplace/Search

While this does utilize live data, it is still in beta format so please keep that in mind when providing feedback!

What we are looking for in terms of user feedback!

1. PLEASE test to be sure the search results are not missing valid results/lisings!

this item is number one on the list to get right! we have completely redesigned the advanced search tool so that it is much more user friendly but as such we want to be sure when you search for "abcde resort for in week 10" etc, that all the proper results show up! try searching for your own listings and make sure they show up properly, if not please let me know!

(note this in no way shape or form is impacting the live/current marketplace or search tool...this link is not available anywhere on the site other than in this thread).

2. feedback on the user interface

is it clunky? is something not working if you click or scroll etc. or to put another way, is something clearly broken in the interface portion of the tool...please let me know!

3. feedback on features

is something missing from the search/filter section? should more options be made available? or put another way, is there something you WISH worked a different way, or do you find yourself wanting to click something else to narrow or broaden your results?

cant promise we can incorporate all suggestions, but we always try to incorporate positive feedback when we can!

you can either send me a conversation privately or feel free to respond with issues/feedback/screenshots here in this thread!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
few known issues right off the bat:

1. points results are wonky...being worked on.
2. more filters are coming (for instance filter by city/etc)...but please post up any suggestions you might have!
3. "search wildcards" not working.

Last edited:

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Should I be able to search using just Marriott and not a specific Marriott property? Not able to do so. Also...should any search results have a way to sort?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you can if you just type in Marriott (and nothing else) in the first box?

yes the ability to sort/filter results is on the todo list...but suggestions on what options to filter by are welcome. if you scroll down along the left hand side you should see existing filter options.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
nm, i see that just searching by "marriott" returns all sorts of listings. added to bug list!

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Sorting list could be fine if just emulates current functionality in the classified listings:
Posted Date
Price
Weeks

I just searched "All resorts In Hilton Head Island" and again...all sorts of properties everywhere come up...very similar to Marriott search results.

Also...is there/can there be a way to save a specific listing found from a search? Perhaps there is a way to do this already that I am unaware of.

Great improvements, thanks!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yea im thinking there is just a bug with searching for anything outside of a specific item in the drop down list, that should be an easy fix.

not a bad idea on the saved search item, im not sure if thats possible but can ask. maybe another option could be "most popular searches" that is dynamically created. interesting!

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Will there still be a Free and Bargain Basement search button?
Is there an easy way to clear all search metrics to start over?

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
New search finds this SBP but the old search doesn't show it?

1682626800083.png

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
interesting, let me dig into that one! there are some odd things going on with two of the rentals for SBP as well.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
"a way to clear and start over" that was my very first comment/feedback as well...yes it will have that.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok have implemented a number of changes and suggestions from feedback sofar, thank you all!

(note the reset all button is still coming!).

Please check out the new search feature and provide feedback!

search for your own resale/rental listings on TUG as an example! see how they look to you and let us know if they were easy or difficult to find!

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Marriott for sale search now appears to work initially.
Then when I sort that resulting list using the sorting feature by price...all sorts of non-marriott properties populate

These for sale searches still fail as they bring up a variety of properties not in that location:
All resorts in Hilton Head Island
All resorts in USA West, Colorado

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Marriott for sale search now appears to work initially.
Then when I sort that resulting list using the sorting feature by price...all sorts of non-marriott properties populate

These for sale searches still fail as they bring up a variety of properties not in that location:
fixed!

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
My view shows blank results now for for sale searches:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok, those issues should now be corrected.

back to just typing in a single word or city/etc to search as a wildcard. for instance "hilton head" or "marriott" without choosing from the drop down.

also the price issue was related to not selecting a minimum value, now its just set to 0 by default so that should be good!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
annnd another round of bug fixes and formatting changes as well as feature additions!

please let me know if you continue to see issues with searching!

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
@TUGBrian Such great improvements in the search functionality...thanks thanks thanks!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
this has been a huge undertaking for sure, almost nothing left from the original marketplace programming.

its so much quicker/cleaner/faster etc...just want to make sure its as easy as possible for potential buyers and renters to find listings and result in more success for TUG members!

Chucez

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great work Brian.
Only thing i find at the moment is the search “reset” button does not clear all fields.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
can you give me an example to try to reproduce so we can correct it?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and a last final round of changes to incorporate just about every bug that was reported, as well as feature that was requested!

please take another look-see as this is very close to going live and replacing the existing search system!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
all the listed changes/suggestions/feedback have been incorporated and all the bugs fixed (hopefully), this is now live on the TUG marketplace website and has replaced the legacy search tool!

We hope you all enjoy the new more user friendly (and capable) search page to facilitate finding Timeshare Resales and Rentals! as always if you encounter a problem, please let me know!