• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New (lower) Vidanta resort fees for RCI and Interval.

timsi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the resorts in PVR and these are the new terms. I think the resort fee has dropped from $950 to $550 for a 2 BR and it is 1 in 3 now instead of 1 in 4. Guest certificates are still not allowed.

"Mandatory Fees

Mandatory State Lodging tax is 4 %. Cash or Credit is accepted.

2022 mandatory State Lodging Tax.

Mandatory State Lodging tax is 5 %. Cash or Credit is accepted.

2023 mandatory State Lodging Tax.

Resort Fees

Resort amenities fee is 400.00 U.S. dollars. Only Credit Cards accepted.

Mandatory resort fee per 1B unit, per reservation.

Resort amenities fee is 550.00 U.S. dollars. Only Credit Cards accepted.

Mandatory resort fee per 2B unit, per reservation.

Resort amenities fee is 250.00 U.S. dollars. Only Credit Cards accepted.

Mandatory resort fee per Hotel unit, per reservation.

Mandatory resort fee per Studio unit, per reservation.

Policy Restrictions

Minimum age check-in: Minimum age check-in is 18.

1 in 3 rule applies.

General Urgent Information

Prior to travel, RCI recommends contacting your host resort as well as local, state and federal websites for advisories that may impact your travel or vacation experience.

This resort has Mandatory Resort Fees. You are required to pay the applicable Mandatory Resort Fee listed in the Fees Tab on rci.com as of the date of confirmation. Pre-payment should be made 30 days before check-in date.

Security deposit required upon check-in at the resort.

Fees charged for some utilities.

Credit card imprint required upon check-in at the resort.

Other Urgent Information

Prepay the resort fee 48 hours after the unit is confirmed, by accessing the email sent by Vidanta resorts with instructions to pay it online. *For more details about Resort Fee benefits please visit www.premiumvacationbenefits.com. Resort Fee does not cover local taxes.

Reservations made less than 48 hrs prior to the check-in date will not be accepted. Please pre-checkin by visiting https://precheckin.vidanta.com/home. The resort will reflect the RCI reservation 72 hours after it has been confirmed.

You can only confirm Vidanta once in a period of 3 years (applies per Anniversary Year) and multiple (two or more reservations in the same week) or consecutive units (2 or more units confirmed, where upon check out of one of them there is immediate check in of a next unit) are not allowed in any of its combinations. All of these rules apply to all Vidanta IDs (Rule by Total Group).

This means RCI members can travel to any Vidanta ID only once every 3 years staying one week and in only one unit. Resort does not allow reservations with Guest Certificates. Rules are verified by name and membership - violations will be canceled. Vidanta owners cannot confirm this inventory through RCI, even if they are multi-owners or Platinum members. INVENTORY FOR RCI PLATINUM PARTNERS ONLY."

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
looks like it.

timsi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Edited, they did lower the fees and Interval is also showing the lower fee:

"Fee Advisements
REQUIRED SURCHARGES (energy, accommodations/occupancy tax, bed tax, fees or other miscellaneous) ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OCCUPANT AND ARE PAYABLE DIRECTLY TO THE RESORT. Surcharges are subject to change without notice.

0BED: USD250. 1BED: USD 600. 2BED: USD 950. Resort fee per unit/per week. Resort fee includes: One way transfer for international flights from airport to resort. Welcome cocktail, newspaper, access to gym, maid service, santuario cover, internal transportation and Wi - Fi. To schedule airport transfer to resort: *https://precheckin.vidanta.com/home* The following information must be provided within five days before check-in: confirmation number, name of the resort and flight information. Valet parking: MXN 390 weekly/per car. Effective Day: November 1st, 2022. 0BED: USD250. 1BED: USD 400. 2BED/LARGER UNITS: USD 550. LOFT UNIT USD150. Resort fee per unit/per week. Resort fee includes: Welcome cocktail, newspaper, access to gym, maid service, santuario cover, internal transportation and Wi-Fi. Valet parking: MXN 390 weekly/per car. MANDATORY PREPAYMENT REQUIRED 30 days prior to check-in. Call toll free USA/CANADA 855-264-5117 from Mexico 800-700-7300. Mexico and from another countries *52* 55 8840 9504. For prepaid. * DINING EXPERIENCE IS AVAILABLE FOR AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE *
You are responsible for imposed utility/energy surcharges, occupancy or similar taxes, service charges, telephone connection fees, long distance phone charges, personal charges, and applicable amenities usage, housekeeping or resort fees.

Resort parking is typically limited to one car per unit. A parking fee may be charged. Some resorts may have no on-site parking, requiring the use of an alternate off-site facility at an additional fee. Prior arrangements must be made for parking trailers, boats, motorcycles or any type of recreational vehicle (usually at an off-site location).

Important Advisements
Confirmations into this property or into any Grand Luxxe, Grand Bliss, Grand Mayan, Mayan Palace, The Bliss and Sea Garden Resorts are limited to ONLY ONE WEEK per membership every FOUR years. Confirmations not adhering to this restriction are subject to cancellation. Members may not purchase a Guest Certificate for a stay at any of these resorts."

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe similar with SFX, although I *think* with SFX it's only $450 for a 2 BR.
Although I was told it no longer covers transportation FROM the airport (which looks similar to the Interval one as well).

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe similar with SFX, although I *think* with SFX it's only $450 for a 2 BR.
Although I was told it no longer covers transportation FROM the airport (which looks similar to the Interval one as well).
Ironically, I was just calling SFX for PV for something else and the resort fee with them is also $550 so all the exchange companies now have the same resort fee

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ironically, I was just calling SFX for PV for something else and the resort fee with them is also $550 so all the exchange companies now have the same resort fee

Actually looks like it's a little different (at least in the email I got):

"New resort fee starting on 11/1/22"
Nuevo Vallarta & Los Cabos. Studio unit $250 per week
1BR unit $400 per week
2BR or Larger $550 per week

Riviera Maya, Puerto Vallarta, Studio unit $150 per week
Acapulco, Mazatlan & Puerto 1BR unit $300 per week
Penasco. 2BR or Larger $450 per week"

Also note:

1) Vidanta no longer offers the $250 credit (basically the new fees are $250 lower now, but no longer require pre-paying or something).
2) Fees no longer includes the Shuttle Service FROM airport. (actually now it makes it more expensive).

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The lower resort fee is a move in the right direction. Is wishing Vidanta would deposit 3-4BR's into Interval again too much? :giggle:

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Interesting that they're no longer allowing guestcertificates. I had made a trade for our daughter last year through II with a GC; guess that's no longer an option :(. And now I can't try it for another 3 years

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked a week here through Interval on an AC under the old fee structure. Do I need to rebook it to get the lower fee? Is that even possible on an AC? (If I have to pay the AC fee again it wouldn’t be worth it anyway…so maybe I don’t need to bother with this.)

Edited to add; nevermind. It looks like ACs are one-and-done.

Last edited:

Luckytimer

Reaction score
I was looking at the resorts in PVR and these are the new terms. I think the resort fee has dropped from $950 to $550 for a 2 BR and it is 1 in 3 now instead of 1 in 4. Guest certificates are still not allowed.

"Mandatory Fees

Mandatory State Lodging tax is 4 %. Cash or Credit is accepted.

2022 mandatory State Lodging Tax.

Mandatory State Lodging tax is 5 %. Cash or Credit is accepted.

2023 mandatory State Lodging Tax.

Resort Fees

Resort amenities fee is 400.00 U.S. dollars. Only Credit Cards accepted.

Mandatory resort fee per 1B unit, per reservation.

Resort amenities fee is 550.00 U.S. dollars. Only Credit Cards accepted.

Mandatory resort fee per 2B unit, per reservation.

Mandatory resort fee per Hotel unit, per reservation.

Mandatory resort fee per Studio unit, per reservation.

Policy Restrictions

Minimum age check-in: Minimum age check-in is 18.

1 in 3 rule applies.

General Urgent Information

Prior to travel, RCI recommends contacting your host resort as well as local, state and federal websites for advisories that may impact your travel or vacation experience.

This resort has Mandatory Resort Fees. You are required to pay the applicable Mandatory Resort Fee listed in the Fees Tab on rci.com as of the date of confirmation. Pre-payment should be made 30 days before check-in date.

Security deposit required upon check-in at the resort.

Fees charged for some utilities.

Credit card imprint required upon check-in at the resort.

Other Urgent Information

Prepay the resort fee 48 hours after the unit is confirmed, by accessing the email sent by Vidanta resorts with instructions to pay it online. *For more details about Resort Fee benefits please visit www.premiumvacationbenefits.com. Resort Fee does not cover local taxes.

Reservations made less than 48 hrs prior to the check-in date will not be accepted. Please pre-checkin by visiting https://precheckin.vidanta.com/home. The resort will reflect the RCI reservation 72 hours after it has been confirmed.

You can only confirm Vidanta once in a period of 3 years (applies per Anniversary Year) and multiple (two or more reservations in the same week) or consecutive units (2 or more units confirmed, where upon check out of one of them there is immediate check in of a next unit) are not allowed in any of its combinations. All of these rules apply to all Vidanta IDs (Rule by Total Group).

This means RCI members can travel to any Vidanta ID only once every 3 years staying one week and in only one unit. Resort does not allow reservations with Guest Certificates. Rules are verified by name and membership - violations will be canceled. Vidanta owners cannot confirm this inventory through RCI, even if they are multi-owners or Platinum members. INVENTORY FOR RCI PLATINUM PARTNERS ONLY."
These are not the same prices showing on RCI as of today.
I bedroom $300
2 bedroom $450
Hotel $150

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
So now looks like only SFX exchanges will allow for a Guest Cert since RCI/Interval no longer allow it. Vidanta is really clamping down.