• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Lower Cost MCO Car Rentals

danb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just found a new European based car rental business called Sixt. Previously the best I could get for a minivan was thru Costco. I just got a Ford Flex thru them for Half the price saving $300.00
They are located off site and have a shuttle. For $300 I'll take a shuttle. The rental is for March.
Hope this helps.

Gophesjo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have rented frpm Sixt in Europe (their home base) and the experience has been satisfactory. I actually had a minor scrape in a car I had rented from them in France, and the whole experience of resolving the damage claim through my credit card company's insurance program sailed through with no hassles.

antjmar

Reaction score
Just found a new European based car rental business called Sixt. Previously the best I could get for a minivan was thru Costco. I just got a Ford Flex thru them for Half the price saving $300.00
They are located off site and have a shuttle. For $300 I'll take a shuttle. The rental is for March.
Hope this helps.
Not sure if this is the norm for Budget at MCO but I used them last thanksgiving. Reserved a mid-size. When I got to the pick up area across the the road from the airport they said you can pick any car in the "M" (for midsize) row. I walked over and about 1/2 the cars were SUV's and 1/2 were minivans:confused:
I went back and explained this they said take whatever you want I took a minivan for the midsize price. :whoopie: I paid $127 with tax for a week!
I wasnt the only one confused but it appears they do this often...
You dont have to pay in advance, might be worth it to try this and walk across the road to see if the minivans are in the M row!

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have rented frpm Sixt in Europe (their home base) and the experience has been satisfactory. I actually had a minor scrape in a car I had rented from them in France, and the whole experience of resolving the damage claim through my credit card company's insurance program sailed through with no hassles.

We had the opposite experience you had with our rental car in Europe last year. Rented a the car with full coverage insurance plus the optional top tier Sixt offered. Returned car agent was actually in parking lot, looked over our car and said everything was fine. Days later get an email with pics attached of damage to the car. It was a very small door ding and they were asking us if we had filed a police report:crash:

Had to file with the credit card company to get the charge removed.

akp

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked with Sixt also

I have a car booked for the first week in Feb in Orlando. I also am tracking the reservation using AutoSlash which will notify me if the rates come down for my dates and location. I'm happy with my rate with Sixt but would prefer an in-terminal company instead of the shuttle.

Craigvince

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a car booked for the first week in Feb in Orlando. I also am tracking the reservation using AutoSlash which will notify me if the rates come down for my dates and location. I'm happy with my rate with Sixt but would prefer an in-terminal company instead of the shuttle.

Thanks for the tip about AutoSlash. I'd never heard of them before.

Bee

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a car reserved with Sixt in FLL. I have never used them before, but it offered the lowest price I have found in my time frame, $220. The next lowest price is with a Costco reservation I have at $278. I opted to not pay ahead and that raised the price about $20. I'll keep looking until I go on this trip in March and try Priceline when I get closer to departure.