• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New look for TUG review pages!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
i got a note saying we were ready to go over the weekend but ran into an issue with redirects from the old pages. hopefully it wont take too long to sort out.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
this is now live on the public site, please report any issues/feedback or errors you get when browsing the resort review pages here!

hope everyone enjoys the new look, we made a few additional changes based on member feedback and really like how it came out!

overthehill

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark since 1998 - Stayed at WM 61 resorts so far, but slowing down
Hi, Brian,
Over the past 20 years I have taken time to take photos of resorts and label many of the photos I submit to TUG. Checking a few resorts on the web site, most of the photos no longer appear which leads me to believe there's no point taking photos going forward. But I must admit we are winding down our WorldMark credits and using Home Away as a source for booking our vacations when planning to stay in one place for a week or more.
We have enjoyed our relationship with TUG and believe you and your crew have done an excellent job improving TUG since taking over for your dad. The web site today is quite a change from when we first joined TUG in 1998 or 1999.
Thank you for continuing to offer timeshare owners an unbiased web site providing unedited commentary without developer influence.
Mark Beales
TUG Lifetime Member
Seattle

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Puerto Vallarta; Lake Tahoe Beach & Ski, South Lake Tahoe
On my end, things aren't looking the way I imagine you are wanting them to. Using Chrome Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Clicking on a resort:
1593268179067.png

takes me to this page:
1593268389352.png

instead of the 'description' page as I'd imagine. If I click on the 'xx reviews' button it also takes me to that page, even though I see it's pointing to a reviews link.

From there, clicking on the 'Description' button brings me here:

1593268543402.png

where you can see the TUG logo obscures whatever is behind it, and there are no descriptions. Now you're saying, "ah ha! you haven't logged in" ... which leads me to ask if you don't really want to present a 'please register or log-in' dialog? Are the listings restricted to registered members, or can anyone see them?

I also find that with the logo that size, I am unable to click either on 'Description' or 'Ratings and Reviews'. Selecting 'View Resort Images' redisplays the page - there is no message saying there aren't any photos for this resort.

I logged in, and the only change I saw was that there were bubbles with counts next to some of the selections now:

1593268960569.png

Same giant logo obstructing selections, and landing page that doesn't give descriptions.

I stopped there :)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Try deleting cookies and temp files. I have the same build of Chrome on a Mac and don't see anything like that.
1593269896477.png

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi, Brian,
Over the past 20 years I have taken time to take photos of resorts and label many of the photos I submit to TUG. Checking a few resorts on the web site, most of the photos no longer appear which leads me to believe there's no point taking photos going forward. But I must admit we are winding down our WorldMark credits and using Home Away as a source for booking our vacations when planning to stay in one place for a week or more.
We have enjoyed our relationship with TUG and believe you and your crew have done an excellent job improving TUG since taking over for your dad. The web site today is quite a change from when we first joined TUG in 1998 or 1999.
Thank you for continuing to offer timeshare owners an unbiased web site providing unedited commentary without developer influence.
Mark Beales
TUG Lifetime Member
Seattle

we dont ever remove photos from a resort review page unless specifically requested by a member or resort staff...and in every one of those cases it was due to the photo in question being completely out of date etc related to a room renovation/upgrade/etc and did not accurately reflect the current resort itself.

otherwise, they would never get removed.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
believe that costa de oro resort is having issues with formatting as no photo is available.

will send this over to get sorted out. until then, if you want to poke around stick with resorts that have uploaded photos (which should be the vast majority)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
issues should be corrected now! sorry about that!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
what page in particular looks like the one above? can you provide a link?

abbekit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Pagosa
Looks like this on my iPad (Safari). However I was able to get some resort reviews to work.

On my end, things aren't looking the way I imagine you are wanting them to. Using Chrome Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Clicking on a resort:
View attachment 22589
takes me to this page:
View attachment 22590
instead of the 'description' page as I'd imagine. If I click on the 'xx reviews' button it also takes me to that page, even though I see it's pointing to a reviews link.

From there, clicking on the 'Description' button brings me here:

View attachment 22591
where you can see the TUG logo obscures whatever is behind it, and there are no descriptions. Now you're saying, "ah ha! you haven't logged in" ... which leads me to ask if you don't really want to present a 'please register or log-in' dialog? Are the listings restricted to registered members, or can anyone see them?

I also find that with the logo that size, I am unable to click either on 'Description' or 'Ratings and Reviews'. Selecting 'View Resort Images' redisplays the page - there is no message saying there aren't any photos for this resort.

I logged in, and the only change I saw was that there were bubbles with counts next to some of the selections now:

View attachment 22592
Same giant logo obstructing selections, and landing page that doesn't give descriptions.

I stopped there :)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
so just that single page?

please post up links to any review pages that are not loading so we can figure out whats causing it!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
fixed the waikiki resort page, please let me know if anyone finds others like that!

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Two things...one that is a carryover from the old format, and one that has appeared from the new.

The carryover is the way that the reviews are ordered. I like to see the "new" reviews...so I generally only look at the top of the list. The problem is that in that list, the reviews are ordered by the date the trip was taken, rather than the date the review was submitted. This means that I miss reviews of places that I might not search for any other way.

Secondly, I like to know who submitted the review. It helps me frame my take on it. If someone is reviewing an independent resort, but I know they only own Marriotts or some such, then I might take the review a little differently. :) It helps me determine author's bias, if you will. Now, I'm only seeing numbers at the bottom of the review.

Thanks!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
members have the option to display their login ID or not on reviews. it has always been this way.

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Secondly, I like to know who submitted the review. It helps me frame my take on it. If someone is reviewing an independent resort, but I know they only own Marriotts or some such, then I might take the review a little differently. :) It helps me determine author's bias, if you will. Now, I'm only seeing numbers at the bottom of the review.
members have the option to display their login ID or not on reviews. it has always been this way.
I agreed to have my username displayed. My username was displayed on the previous format, but the new review format lists my TUG #. I didn't change any settings. All the reviews I clicked on displayed member #, not username. I presume the username option was toggled or ignored when you cutover to the new pages.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
interesting, ok ill pass this along! thanks!

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
interesting, ok ill pass this along! thanks!
It gets even more interesting. If I go to "My TUG / Settings" then "My Reviews" I see my username at the bottom of each review. If I get to the reviews by searching for a resort, then I see my member #.

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ok. I selected a resort from the list presented after clicking on México and then Acapulco. First, the wrong location is tagged on the map - I moved it and placed the actual resort in the lower right corner (it's the two buildings to the right of the funky shaped hs hotsson hotel).

pic 1.jpg

Then I clicked on the 'View Resort Images (7)' button. This is what I get:

pic 2.jpg

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we can edit the gps coordinates manually if google loaded some other resort instead...the international ones are especially tricky in how they all have different formats for city/state/zip vs US based ones, so we put in a way to manually enter the actual gps coordinates.

i just updated it, so let me know if it shows properly, as well as forward the image issue on to the dev team.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
this should be fixed, as well as any other resort that had that same situation (no default photo was selected)

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
we can edit the gps coordinates manually if google loaded some other resort instead...the international ones are especially tricky in how they all have different formats for city/state/zip vs US based ones, so we put in a way to manually enter the actual gps coordinates.

i just updated it, so let me know if it shows properly, as well as forward the image issue on to the dev team.

Brian, looks like the property location is working however this resort no longer comes up if you select 'México --> Acapulco'. You can search for the resort name, and it will show - but it's missing from a location search. Playa Acapulco Beach at Playa Suites (RCI #520).

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
should be fixed, that resort was not assigned to mexico-Acapulco region and it is now.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
someone just pointed out a ton of wonky looking ads on mobile devices, I hope we have cleared up this significant issue to improve the browsing experience of all members and guests when on the tug2.com side of things!

this change might take a bit of time to propagate across the site as its a google setting, vs something embedded in the site. please let me know if you still see full page/wonky looking ads when browsing the review section on a mobile device after a few hours or so.