• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New look for TUG review pages!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
We have been working on the next version of the TUG review pages (tug2.com) and member only section and are close to finishing it up!

Here is a link to a page that displays the new format and we would like feedback/comments or any errors/issues you encounter when browsing this on your various devices such as phones and tablets and different web browsers!

Hope you all enjoy the new look, things have come a long way since 1993!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
My initial glance showed one error right off the bat: The Tug logo in the upper left of the computer screen is cut off at the bottom. I'm running Safari Version 13.1 (15609.1.20.111.8) on a MacBook Pro running MAC OS Catalina version 10.15.4.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 6.23.17 PM.png

I'll go look a bit deeper.

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
In the drop down for Help & Advice, every word is capitalized except the words "help and" on the first line. To maintain continuity, these should probably be capitalized too. It's the same thing under the Timeshare Marketplace tab, everything is capitalized except for "Permanent swap" and "How to place an ad."

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 6.26.32 PM.png

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
When you click the Contact Us drop down, the text is off the left side of the screen.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 6.33.07 PM.png

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
The rest looks really nice. Great work! :)

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
In Chrome Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit) it looks fine, except for the spelling things mentioned above. The Contact Us drop down text is still off the left edge of the screen.

In Firefox 76.0.1 (64-bit) it looks just as it does in Chrome.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 6.43.23 PM.png

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
That's all I've got. Hope this helps. :)

Dave

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The new site looks good. I like the refresh. If you want some help with the css, here's a couple of things:

The address isn't showing up quite right because it's not a link (a tag). So it doesn't have the padding:
1589939099537.png

Notice how there is just padding for a tags?

1589939164210.png

Lots of ways to fix. Easiest would be to make it a link and maybe direct to a contact us page?

The contact us dropdown doesn't seem to be working, I don't think you need the right:0, if you turn it off in chrome, it displays ok.

1589939285181.png

However, the best fix is probably to use "navbar" rather than navbar-right.

You have:
HTML:
<ul class="nav navbar-nav navbar-right">

I would do:
HTML:
<ul class="nav navbar-nav navbar">

Happy to look at anything else if you need it.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Man, you can tell who’s retired now.:D

Sorry, I had to Dave.:)

Thats hilarious! :D Actually, I did a lot of webpage editing in my job, so it's like going back to work. Without the dress code. ;)

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Thats hilarious! :D Actually, I did a lot of webpage editing in my job, so it's like going back to work. Without the dress code. ;)

Dave

I was going to say and a retired IT guy to boot. :)

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
DaveNW, you are just liked my retired Commander in a Chief; The English professor. The new review site looks good.

An AD pop up.

Last edited:

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
...and all the while, I thought @TUGBrian was going to say all pages are now sanitized after each viewing for our safety!
sheepish-grin-gif.gif

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Now on a more serious note, @TUGBrian is it correct to assume this revision is geared primarily toward making better use of space on phones and portable devices?

I ask that because on my browser (on my home computer) there is a LOT more white space on the screen. If that is part of making the website more useful across a variety of platforms, I understand the direction you're taking. My TUG use is primarily on my home computer - rarely on a portable device - but that may not be the typical profile anymore.

Regardless, the new design looks sharp and is easily readable. I do not see anything confusing and I like how the 7 clickable boxes are now more prominent - more easier to read.

Looks great, Brian!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes, the trend just like with everything is to make sites more mobile friendly. are actually now more folks accessing all TUG websites via "non desktops" these days

thanks for the feedback! ill forward on to the developers to get those items sorted! please keep posting here if you find anything else!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Fixes have been applied to most if not all of the feedback above! please let us know if more issues arise!

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
The site is excellent ~ very user friendly ~ Thank you!

amluckau

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Maui Ocean Club fixed week/unit, Marriott Pts, Welk Pts, Diamond Resorts Pts
I would prefer scrolling thru rvws rather click & close each one individually.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I would prefer scrolling thru rvws rather click & close each one individually.

Can you add something in the list of reviews indicating unit size? It could be something like adding a 0,1, 2 etc in the summary at the beginning of the description if there isn't room for a separate column? For resorts like DSI with 86 reviews, being able to sort through the reviews is more important.

I like to scroll through as well, but mostly to find the reviews that match the size unit I am looking for. When reading the reviews, I want to know, in order: what the unit is like, what the resort is like and then things to do in the area. Reading a review of a studio when I need a 2 BR or vice versa isn't as useful.

In addition, the date of the review is kind of useful, but what I am more interested in is date of visit. Most of the time, those 2 dates will be very close. So if you needed room to include the unit size, maybe get rid of the date of review?

Sue

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
will discuss these items to see what can be done.

stan0832

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been working on the next version of the TUG review pages (tug2.com) and member only section and are close to finishing it up!

Here is a link to a page that displays the new format and we would like feedback/comments or any errors/issues you encounter when browsing this on your various devices such as phones and tablets and different web browsers!

Hope you all enjoy the new look, things have come a long way since 1993!

I would add up front the exchange companies affiliated with the resort: RCI, II, etc

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
it shows the RCI and or II codes at the very top right next to the resort name.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies

The new pages are outstanding.

My input isn't specific to the review pages; it's related to the resort tier throughout the site. II added an "Elite" tier, but TUG still displays "Premiere" for those that were bumped to Elite. As an example, I've attached the tier icons for MGC; it's an Elite resort on II, but reflected as a Premiere resort on TUG.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    41.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    33.7 KB · Views: 9

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we'd have to add an extra level, then manually go in and change the ones applicable. ill see what can be done.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
@TUGBrian any estimated date for the new pages?