• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Images of Key West (Feb 2006)

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had a great time in Key West recently. Click this Link to check out lots of images. The metal sculptures at Fort Zachary Taylor and the Civil War Battle Recreation were a hoot! :D

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
Different shots, liked them. Where were the metal sculptures? I don't remember them, they must be new. I like your take on photography. shaggy

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
The metal sculptures were the "Art in the Park" sculpure exhibition in Ft. Zach Taylor Park. This show runs for 2-3 weeks at the end and beginning of February each year. Most of them are fairly large works and quite unique.

My approach to photography is to capture somewhat common objects, each of which tells its own story. Key West is ideal as it is really a querky end of the road with all sorts of characters. It's always fascinating to talk with the locals to get ther views on life. The recent hurricanes and storm surge flooding have dramatically impacted many long time residents of Key West.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some of them are like 12 feet tall. Very impressive with all the colors.

pizzagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great picutres!! They make me so anxious for my return trip in October. I was expecting to see a picture of the "Wizard" though!!! He always cracks us up!

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
"The Wizard"???? OMG, did I miss something! Please tell me more as I will return in April and won't miss him.

BTW, for more of my Key West images go HERE

pizzagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
He is a guy who dresses in a cape and a wizard hat,usually carrying or waving a big American Flag. Stands in the evening on a corner on Duval St.(on an empty milk crate) looking for hand-outs. You can only have your picture taken with him if you "donate" something. During the day you can sometimes see him riding a bicycle down Duval St. with the flag and cape waving behind him. He told me he is a homeless man. Most people ignore him but we always have sympathy for him. We look for him on every trip, and I will be disappointed if he not there this year. He's quite a colorful character! My family has nicknamed him "The Wizard of Key West".

JoePa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is This The Wizard?

We were in Key West last June and there was a guy standing on the board walk at the Pier House, right at Mallory Square. He said he was not allowed to step onto Mallory Square because he didn't have a permit or license or something. Yadda, Yadda, Yadda!

I got a great picture of him with my wife. By the way, our "DONATION" was Hot Tin Roof Crabcakes and a couple bucks.

Does anyone know if I can copy the picture to this post and, if so, how?

Joe :cool:

pizzagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well he doesn't sound like the Wizard, although if I saw a picture of him I could tell you for sure!! The "Wizard" can sometimes be seen hanging around Mallory Square during the daytime hours with some other homeless people. In the evening though, is when he "works" on Duval St. In years past he usually has another older homeless friend hanging out with him (another older man). We have given them all kinds of food (and money) over the past few years. I find the parade of homeless people in Key West to be about the only distressing thing when we visit there!

taffy19

Reaction score
JoePa said:
We were in Key West last June and there was a guy standing on the board walk at the Pier House, right at Mallory Square. He said he was not allowed to step onto Mallory Square because he didn't have a permit or license or something. Yadda, Yadda, Yadda!

I got a great picture of him with my wife. By the way, our "DONATION" was Hot Tin Roof Crabcakes and a couple bucks.

Does anyone know if I can copy the picture to this post and, if so, how?

Joe :cool:
Yes, you can. Do you have the photo image uploaded already to one of the photo sharing web sites like www.webshots.com or www.picturetrail.com or www.smugmug.com or your free home page that comes with your Internet service? If so, you can type the link here or click on the little yellow icon above and enter the link there and your picture will show here in your post. :)

To find the link or (URL address) for your photo image in your browser, put the pointer on your photo image that you want to share; then right click your mouse and left click on "Properties" and copy the URL address from there.

It is really simple once you know how but I only hope that I am clear enough. :eek:

Not all photo sharing web pages let you do this but the three above do as I do it all the time.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, let me see....look for a guy wearing a cape, with a strange hat, waving something. In Key West, that would eliminate about 4 people. Of course the casual observer would say "wouldn't that eliminate all the women?" Nope, in Key West you just NEVER KNOW. The first time you see a guy riding a bicycle down the middle of Duval Street wearing only a black bra, and black panties you know you're NOT IN KANSAS anymore. ;)

Icon - WPC is a really nice tool. Let me know how it works for you.