• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New HGVC Resort in Hawaii

rfb813

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hilton announced the start of a new resort in Waikoloa. See the press release below:

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Construction of Hawaii's newest vacation ownership resort has been officially launched in Waikoloa, Hawaii. Hilton Hotels Corporation, through its timeshare division, Hilton Grand Vacations Company (HGVC), announced plans to develop Kings' Land, its second Hilton Grand Vacations Club® timeshare project within the Waikoloa Beach Resort on Hawaii's Big Island. The announcement marks the third Hilton timeshare project launch in recent months; following the start of construction of the 331-unit Grand Waikikian(TM) project in Honolulu, Hawaii (projected to open in December 2008), and the development of a 161-unit Hilton Grand Vacations Club project in New York City (projected to open in April 2009).

A groundbreaking ceremony on November 2 officially launched construction of a 198-unit development phase of the new Hilton Grand Vacations Club resort at Kings' Land. The event was attended by state officials, local dignitaries, Hilton executives and team members; Kahu Keoni Ka 'ineianu 'uana Atkinson offered a traditional Hawaiian blessing at the construction site. The first of seven potential development phases is slated for completion in August 2008, and pre-opening timeshare sales have commenced.

Adjacent to one of two championship golf courses within the Waikoloa Beach Resort, the property will feature views of the Kings' Course to one direction, the majestic Mauna Kea with its world-renowned observatories to another and beautiful tropical sunsets over the Pacific Ocean. The initial phases of the vacation ownership resort call for the development of 198 villa-style, 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom units on 29.7 acres of the undeveloped 112-acre property purchased in 2005 from the Waikoloa Land Company.

HGVC recently opened the 120-unit Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort. With its traditional Hawaiian-style architecture and casual elegance, the resort became the 30th spectacular vacation ownership property in the HGVC resort portfolio. The March 2006 grand opening came just prior to the groundbreaking ceremony for the company's fourth timeshare development in the State of Hawaii, The Grand Waikikian(TM) in Honolulu.

Also on The Big Island, HGVC manages The Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort, a 167-unit timeshare resort. The new Kings' Land resort promises to be a spectacular addition to the Waikoloa Beach Resort collection.

"This project provides a platform for the long-term growth of Hilton's vacation ownership presence in Hawaii," said Antoine Dagot, President and CEO of HGVC. "The Big Island continues to be a destination in high demand, and Hilton is superbly positioned to accommodate discerning travelers. The renowned amenities of the Waikoloa Beach Resort provide an ideal setting for our newest vacation ownership resort."

According to Mark Wang, HGVC's Senior Vice President for Hawaii and Asia, the Hilton timeshare resorts now under development in Waikoloa and Waikiki are clear evidence of Hilton's continuing commitment to this growing timeshare market.

"Since we began sales at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in 2000, we have been fortunate to have our results outpace all of our original expectations," Wang said. "It's exciting to have tremendous interest in our product from both domestic and Japanese customers. The quality of our timeshare resorts and Club membership benefits, coupled with the strength of the Hilton brand, has been the key to our success."

Wang added that sales in Waikoloa have been equally strong to date. "The Kohala Coast is home to some of Hawaii's most prestigious resorts, and Waikoloa is clearly a destination whose time has come," he said.

The Waikoloa Beach Resort is also home to the 1,280-room Hilton Waikoloa Village hotel, which is located on 62 oceanfront acres. Guests of the Hilton Waikoloa Village travel the extensive resort via tramline and water taxi, while enjoying 9 restaurants, 3 swimming pools, a salt-water snorkeling lagoon and a 25,000 square-foot spa facility.

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
So where is this compared to Bay Club and Waikoloa? I'm guessing its right next to them?

I wonder if this resort will also have access to the Hilton hotel.

MY favorite two Islands are Kauai and Maui.. I wish Hilton would focus some effort on those islands

Bill4728

Reaction score
Phase 2 of Waikoloa will not be right next to the Bay Club and phase 1.

Phase 2 will be located across the street and down the road on the far side of the golf course's club house. This will just be the first of several phases all built next to each other. I believe the final build-out is set for about 800 units in the phase 2 location.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Size and layout -vs- newer and perhaps prettier

I'm sure the new timeshares will be great but I'm torn between the newness of the HGVC Waikoloa and the shear size and layout of the Bay Club units.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
The main disadvantage of Bay Club is that is does not have access to HWV but the Bay Club units are much larger with better location.

Bill4728

Reaction score
The Bay Club units may be large but the HGVC units are in no way small. They are all 2 bd units and quite roomy except for a slightly small second bedroom.

Also, currently the people staying at HGVC can use the HWV pools and other facilities for free but that will only be available till the resort is built out. At that time HGVC, will have their own pool complex and not get free use of the HWV anymore.

Last edited:

TerriJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
We really enjoyed the layout of the Bay Club units, especially the lanais on the two bendroom units. I still smile just thinking about sitting there.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep. DW & I had a 1 BR on the top floor (perhaps a higher grade unit than standard 1 BR? I'm not sure). Brunch daily on the lanai was one of the (many) highlights of our trip.