• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Here, have questions on a Grandview purchase

thewags

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Commodore Beach Club
I own a week in Florida (Commodore Beach Club). Week 19, standard RCI Weeks member. On a recent trip to Las Vegas, I went through a presentation at Grandview that convinced me to convert to points, as I am now retired and travel frequently. I was told my week in FL would earn 43,000 points, but that I need to purchase elsewhere to join. I am willing, but they wanted over $10,000 for an every other year week 1BR 49,000 points unit.

I declined in order to check resales, and now I find this: 1BR float wk 42 annual deeded 61,000 points $376MF for only $400, by owner.

There is so much new to me after owning a simple week since 1977, that I have to ask for advice. Is this a good deal, or should I keep looking? I know I will have to pay closing fees, RCI fees etc, probably total under $1000 I'm guessing. And how do I know it's legit? Is there a service that checks title and does the closing properly?

On this website (buyatimeshare.com) which is by owner, there is also a 2BR lockout, week 4 float annual 80,000 points for $1,000, or a week 9 float annual 2BR 98,000 points for $2,500. But the 2BR units are $700MF so I think the 1BR is more bang for the buck.

Comments and advice appreciated. Help!

Last edited:

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
I have a 122,000 a year Grandview at Las Vegas that I pay a little over 800.00 mf a year.... watch what you get for MF's because a lot of the 61,000 80,000 or 98,000 Grandview can have the same MF as the 122000.... because you get more points usually you end up paying more initially for your purchase.... Dave

Heron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depends on the number of points you need. You should research the number of points it takes to make the reservations you want. If you need a large number of points, the Grandview 122000 point weeks would be good. If you just want to get into points to PFD your florida week, call Sumday and tell them you are looking to buy a tri 49000 Grandview for around $250. Has same mf divided by 3. Cheapest way into points.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
The information they gave you about the maintenance fees is incorrect. A two bedroom paid $803 for 2018 and a one bedroom pays approximately half of that. They will likely go up a little for 2019. The one bedroom week getting 61,000 points is the highest number of points for the one bedroom units. $400 isn't a bad price. You don't want the the 80k point two bedroom week as Magic1962 pointed out. That 98k point week is way overpriced.

There are plenty of Grandview point deeds for sale through various owners and resale companies. Have you looked on any other websites or called any of the resale companies to see what they have?

You will need to figure out how much the closing costs and other fees will be. If you currently pay for your weeks RCI account, meaning it isn't free as part of your other timeshare, then you will have to pay for a points account. I'm not sure this is correct but I thought other people said you only had to pay the RCI membership fee for one account. The RCI fee is $224 for a new account and that includes the first year's membership and $98 if you already have an account. There is probably a resort transfer fee, maybe $250? Many people on TUG use LT Transfers for their closings and they are usually no more than $225 I believe. And before January 1st you will own the maintenance fees for 2019.

The owner should provide you with a current estoppel letter to make sure the deed is clean and there are no back maintenance fees owed. It will also verify the week, unit size and number of annual points in RCI the week gets.

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
Jan, incorrect is a strong word.... I know what I am talking about.... if you would have read mine, I said I pay a bit over 800.00.... what was incorrect about that.... read before you talk....I have a two bedroom.... case closed....

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Jan, incorrect is a strong word.... I know what I am talking about.... if you would have read mine, I said I pay a bit over 800.00.... what was incorrect about that.... read before you talk....I have a two bedroom.... case closed....

It wasn't you who started this thread nor was it you the content of my post was clearly in response to. If you read both Will's original post and mine you will see that he was told by a seller that the mf's on a 2 bedroom were $700. Which as you know is incorrect. I referenced you as being correct in pointing out that the two higher point levels of the one and two bedrooms are desirable over owing the two lower point levels for the same maintenance fees. I can see how including you in the same paragraph gave you an incorrect impression.

I hope you don't disagree that $2500 is over priced price for a 98,000 point week. But if you do I will gladly sell you my 98,000 point week for that price!

Last edited:

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I couple of years about I paid about $250 for 98K points. Got it on eBay. Same maintenance fees as the 120K week, but you get in a lot cheaper. I've found that for me us been plenty of points. We take advantage of all the points sales and get plenty of vacations.

When considering if Grandview is worth it, consider how much you will travel and don't forget about the RCI membership fees and exchange fees for every week you book. One nice thing about Grandview is you get a discount when you book some of the Vacation Villages resorts.