• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

*** New Groups for Additional Timeshare Companies? ***

Binspira

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree
Brian and/or other TUG Admin/Owners -

Can you set up new Groups for additional Timeshare Companies?

For example there are 5 companies listed under Timeshare Resort Systems (Hilton, Marriott, Vistana, Wyndham and Disney). It seems it could be useful to have additional ones that are on the new Comparison Chart - like Diamond, Worldmark, Hyatt, Bluegreen, Raintree, etc. This way all the threads will be grouped under the appropriate companies. For someone looking, I think it would be easier to see the relevant information when looking for details on a specific company.

Just a suggestion. Thanks,

Binspira

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I think it's a good idea, especially for the larger companies, eg: Hyatt

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The problem is that those other systems don't get enough posts in the current combined forums to warrant their own forums. At least that has always been the responses when people asked for separate forums for Hyatt and such. Though we currently have a South African timeshares forum that gets only a handful of posts a year. I suppose it was relevant at one time when South African timeshares were all the rage and had great trade power in RCI. Since they are now heavily devalued, the forum really isn't needed and they could be combined back in to International Timesharing forum.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We have an "All Other Timeshares Forum," and in the last week, it has only had 10 posts for all of those timeshares combined, so that doesn't justify having a separate forum for each:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?forums/all-other-timeshare-systems.30/

The South African TS forum is not a company - it is a region. We could probably get by nicely without it, but it was created when South Africa was a hot commodity.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We have an "All Other Timeshares Forum," and in the last week, it has only had 10 posts for all of those timeshares combined, so that doesn't justify having a separate forum for each:

It actually has 10 threads with activity in the past week. One thread that was started on the 9th actually has 12 posts just since the 11th. So there are more than just 10 posts in the past week for all these other timeshare systems combined.

The South African TS forum is not a company - it is a region. We could probably get by nicely without it, but it was created when South Africa was a hot commodity.
That is what I figured. Seems a lot of people have given up on their SA timeshares. Very little action in that forum.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe

Denise, what if we were able to conjure up someone willing to serve as Moderator for a Hyatt forum? Would that make a difference?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Denise, what if we were able to conjure up someone willing to serve as Moderator for a Hyatt forum? Would that make a difference?
That would be a better question to Brian. If this were posted in the About TUG BBS forum, he may see it there.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
A number of us have asked for a separate Hyatt forum in the past since there is a good amount of Hyatt posts. I'm not sure why it has never happened. The number of Hyatt posts warrants its own link (currently 13 of the 25 posts on the 'All Other TSs' page are related to Hyatt).

Last edited:

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That would be a better question to Brian. If this were posted in the About TUG BBS forum, he may see it there.
Okay, Hyatt people, I posted the request on the About TUG BBS forum. Let's see what our Fearless Leader decides...

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And for those that are not aware...success! TUG Brian has created a subforum devoted exclusively to Hyatt, listed under the Other Timeshare Systems forum. Thank you, Brian!

Bill4728

Reaction score
FYI I believe from reading TUGBrian's posts that this website's software only allows a certain number of forums so unless we take one away we can't create a new forum.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
FYI I believe from reading TUGBrian's posts that this website's software only allows a certain number of forums so unless we take one away we can't create a new forum.
Not sure that is the case. Other forums, Disboards for example, also use Xenforo and they have hundreds of forums.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
It actually has 10 threads with activity in the past week. One thread that was started on the 9th actually has 12 posts just since the 11th. So there are more than just 10 posts in the past week for all these other timeshare systems combined.

That is what I figured. Seems a lot of people have given up on their SA timeshares. Very little action in that forum.
Yes, we had a Dikhololo week that we returned to the resort. It was a pain to keep trying to spacebank it and figuring the rand etc. I kept the original paperwork and sent everything back to them. No problem or fees . Easy, nice to use but was time to end it. We had many great trades for that week. After all of this DS said he wished we kept it so he could go there,I told him to go while we had it, but of course he never did.
Silentg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
it is not a software limitation, its just a clutter issue with so many forums.