• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New "Founders Level" program for 1/1/20: what do you think

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I disagree As maintenance fees increase its not a better deal for anyone. I think I heard this line at a owners update. You may have sat through to many updates and became Brain Washed. So If I buy today at $150-200 per 1000 points in 25 years I will look back and say this was a great investment? Even if maintenance fees double over the next 25 years will I still see a 50-100% return on my original investment every couple of years. Sounds like Wyndham math to me.
On 1,000,000 points in a VIPP account
Let’s say 25 years ago MFs were $2 per 1k points
50% discount saved you $1,000 a year

Let’s say today MFs are $6 per 1k points
50% discount saves you $3,000 a year

Throw upgrades in & the difference increases.

How’s that brain washed?? Or Wyndham math??
Today that VIPP account is paying for itself AGAIN 3 times faster than when it was purchased

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I disagree As maintenance fees increase its not a better deal for anyone. I think I heard this line at a owners update. You may have sat through to many updates and became Brain Washed. So If I buy today at $150-200 per 1000 points in 25 years I will look back and say this was a great investment? Even if maintenance fees double over the next 25 years will I still see a 50-100% return on my original investment every couple of years. Sounds like Wyndham math to me.
As I look back over the years, maintenance fee have generally increased at the same rate as inflation - some slightly more, some slightly less. Factoring inflation, maintenance fees have not increased over the years. Our maintenance fees have increased by approximately by 50% since 1995, which is the inflation rate for that timeframe.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
What has increased way above the rate of inflation is the cost per 1000 points. My parents bought in at $30/1000 points. What's it now? How much per 1000?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today with resells, throw a couple million resell points on there & the pay back is another 3 times faster

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today with resells, throw a couple million resell points on there & the pay back is another 3 times faster
What is the cost on resale points? Pennies on the dollars? When Wyndham excludes resale points from counting on VIP benefits then what?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like the no commitment of buying or paying maintenance fees. If I can make it work for me and rent from VIP and receive the discounts without paying monthly maintenance fees what would you calculate my pay back on investment? Why own if I can rent from a VIP at pretty close to a VIP'S cost without the investment of buying?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham math you can rent the points at cost and pay all maintenance fees.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
On 1,000,000 points in a VIPP account
Let’s say 25 years ago MFs were $2 per 1k points
50% discount saved you $1,000 a year

Let’s say today MFs are $6 per 1k points
50% discount saves you $3,000 a year

Throw upgrades in & the difference increases.

How’s that brain washed?? Or Wyndham math??
Today that VIPP account is paying for itself AGAIN 3 times faster than when it was purchased
A agent of Wyndham couldn't sell it better then you. If it works for you great. It just dosent add up for me.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
What has increased way above the rate of inflation is the cost per 1000 points. My parents bought in at $30/1000 points. What's it now? How much per 1000?
Almost 8x plus

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
A agent of Wyndham couldn't sell it better then you. If it works for you great. It just dosent add up for me.
You show your true colors by reverting to name calling or insinuating since you can’t dispel my math!!
Go ahead & add some more, so far it’s a:
Sales rep — I think I heard that line at a owners update
Brain washed
Wyndham math
Agent of Wyndham

Anything else you’d like to add in one thread??

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
You show your true colors by reverting to name calling or insinuating since you can’t dispel my math!!
Go ahead & add some more, so far it’s a:
Sales rep — I think I heard that line at a owners update
Brain washed
Wyndham math
Agent of Wyndham

Anything else you’d like to add in one thread??
Sorry my intent wasn't intended to offend anyone.

Last edited:

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
You two need to get a room.

stevenh21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Flagstaff, Wyndham Fairfield Plantation, Harbortown Point(Ventura, CA)
My parents bought 1.3 million points (now VIP Platinum) in the early '90s when it was Fairfield. I doubt Wyndham sales will allow a purchase of 1K point to move to the next level. I'm betting sales will have a minimum amounts of points one needs to purchase. And that amount will vary by sales weasel. In other, they lie to you to buy as much as they can get you to buy.

I'll consider it if I only need 1K points and I can get them cheap and the benefits are worth it. Otherwise, I'm happy where I'm at.
Mistake in the math. To get from 1.3 million points to 1.4 million, one would need to purchase 100,000 or 100K points. I'm surprised no one pointed this out.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mistake in the math. To get from 1.3 million points to 1.4 million, one would need to purchase 100,000 or 100K points. I'm surprised no one pointed this out.
You are correct; my bad...

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I'll believe it when I see it. I say no way...... Then again, I'm already over 1.4M. Who knew when they oversold to my 80+ year old father that those extra 400K would come in handy some day. I had asked him to stop at 1M.

see those TS sales folks are always looking out for - “your future best interest “.
LOL

I hope the car he was driving at 80+ stopped faster .

jerrybev

TUG Member
Reaction score
hi
I started this thread about the Founders Program. I have a request: if anyone has bought the Founders program, what were you promised and what did you receive from Wyndham after you paid? Thank you for your input.
Jerry Whitfield

jerrybev

TUG Member
Reaction score
hi
what were you promised verbally and what was promised in writing in the paperwork you received after your purchase? Also would you like to publish the defining page(s) of the paperwork you were given?
thank you
Jerry Whitfield

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
There isn’t a current Founders level of VIP benefits
All we & or sales know for sure at this time is it will be a minimum of 1,400,000 points of developer credit to get the Founders VIP benefits
Everything else is pure speculation by us & sales so you will not see any other specifics in a contract or anything in writing from Wyndham at this time

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
hi
I started this thread about the Founders Program. I have a request: if anyone has bought the Founders program, what were you promised and what did you receive from Wyndham after you paid? Thank you for your input.
Jerry Whitfield

There's nothing to buy (except points in anticipation of something happening). The Founder's Program is still in the ether.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
hi
what were you promised verbally and what was promised in writing in the paperwork you received after your purchase? Also would you like to publish the defining page(s) of the paperwork you were given?
thank you
Jerry Whitfield
I can give you a few guarantees of what’s in current & future purchase agreements-contracts.
1. Any verbal representations made are not binding
2. Wyndham is not liable for any verbal representations made
3. VIP benefits this will include Founders are not guaranteed
4. VIP benefits are subject to change
5. VIP levels are subject to change

Not exact wording of course but you should get the drift. Not a single thing a sales rep says is binding

Last edited:

Normita

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone should be nominated to attend the Wyndham Annual Meeting in Austin TX on November 7 and ask these pointed questions. I believe that one can sign up for the Podcast, (or at least it was possible in previous years) so we can all hear the answers.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's nothing to buy (except points in anticipation of something happening). The Founder's Program is still in the ether.
Its a marketing strategy to sell more points. Nothing has been finalized its a great way to hoodwink more into buying more points that they can possibly use.