• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Feature - Transfer Abound Club Points Online

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points

Signed on to check my Club Points to see if 2026 points posted today as they should have (they did)...and got this pop up message.....

New Feature Available​

You can now transfer Club Points to other Owners online.
Go to the Use My Points page and scroll to the bottom for more details on this new feature.

Appears you supply your info, what contract and year you are transferring from (from available pull down menus), the number of points you are transferring, recipients first and last name, as well as recipients MVC Owner # and submit. Appears its not automatic.....just a submission request, that a rep then processes (at least that's my read on things based on these disclaimers).... appears they will email you a confirmation when the transfer has been successful.

By submitting this form, you acknowledge the following Terms and Conditions:​

• both Owners must be current in Club Dues and maintenance fees at the time of transfer
  • PlusPoints, Points in a Holding Account, MVC Only Hold Points, FDB Points, and Alternate Usage Points cannot be transferred
  • you allow Owner Services to transfer Club Points from your membership to the recipient owner listed above
  • once you have transferred Club Points, you cannot change or cancel the transaction
  • Club Points will not be available for use by the recipient owner for 3 business days

Last edited:

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
This is a terrible downgrade IMO...

These owner-to-owner transactions are hard enough to make given the "trust element" as it is. If now you cannot do it via phone anymore (perhaps on a 3-way call) and the transfer is not an immediate transfer that makes it worse.

Regarding "Club Points will not be available for use by the recipient owner for 3 business days":
I am not sure if the turnaround time for the transfer is 3 business days or if, after the transfer, the points are not available for use for an additional 3 business days. If it's the latter, it would likely reduce what is an already limited demand since in the couple of times I have rented/received points it was in order to grab available inventory...

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
This is a terrible downgrade IMO...

These owner-to-owner transactions are hard enough to make given the "trust element" as it is. If now you cannot do it via phone anymore (perhaps on a 3-way call) and the transfer is not an immediate transfer that makes it worse.

Regarding "Club Points will not be available for use by the recipient owner for 3 business days":
I am not sure if the turnaround time for the transfer is 3 business days or if, after the transfer, the points are not available for use for an additional 3 business days. If it's the latter, it would likely reduce what is an already limited demand since in the couple of times I have rented/received points it was in order to grab available inventory...
It might be a similar case to what happened previously when you wanted to cancel a reservation. If you called in, you got to cancel it immediately and receive back the usage. If you submitted a form through chat online, it could take a few business days. Let's hope they keep the phone option in play as well.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It seems that you now need to know another data point to transfer points. Contract ID. Didn't you just need an Owner Number to make a transfer previously?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
It seems that you now need to know another data point to transfer points. Contract ID. Didn't you just need an Owner Number to make a transfer previously?
Weird...when I first looked at the form this morning, Contract ID of recipient was not star’d (required)....now it is.

Last edited:

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm the page now and it has this statement near the top:

"Transferring Club Points is a non-reversible transaction and Club Points will post within 3 business days"

I also see the wording at the bottom as you mentioned, won't be available for use by the recipient for 3 business days. Given the earlier wording, I'm guessing it means that after you submit the form, it may take 3 business days for them to complete the transfer rather than making the recipient wait three days after they receive them in their account.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
What is a Contract ID?
I think it's the code that contains the unit number, week number and a letter that indicates annual, eoy. There is also a code in there for the resort. You see this when you click on Reserve Week(s) under Use Week(s).
1701478462895.png

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What is a Contract ID?
Every Club Point that is transferable springs from a VOI with a contract number so you when you transfer, you have to specify from the drop down list which Club Points/Contract ID number you are using. It appears to allow you online to select Club Points from multiple contracts in one transaction. I know when I did my last transfer to someone over the phone, it involved Club Points spread across three contracts and the supervisor did them each one at a time so in that way, it is an improvement.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
What is a Contract ID?
For Trust points, its a 7 digit number assigned to each points basket you own. Can be found either on the pulldown list if you are transferring out, or by looking at your Points Transaction History via the website. Not sure what is used for elected points (perhaps dioxide45 is correct above). It also seems like an odd thing to ask for the recipient's Contract ID, as the points keep the Use Year of the transferor's Contract ID, not the recipients.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Not sure what is used for elected points (perhaps dioxide45 is correct above).
The reason I think, for weeks, it is that code is because in the Transferring Owner Information Contract Number drop down, that is the code that it shows.
1701481031453.png

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
The reason I think, for weeks, it is that code is because in the Transferring Owner Information Contract Number drop down, that is the code that it shows.
View attachment 85052
Oddly for me, my enrolled week does not show on the pull-down list, only my Trust points. Perhaps that’s because I have not elected it for points??

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Oddly for me, my enrolled week does not show on the pull-down list, only my Trust points. Perhaps that’s because I have not elected it for points??
Could be. I have some of those contest points and I think they are tied to that contract in our account. We have no other points elected. When I do pick that contract, it give me an error on the use year. I suspect because of the contest points.

NJMOM2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Abound Club Points
Marriott Harbour Lake
Marriott OceanWatch
Only the points that I have available show up in the dropdown list.

OutAndAbout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Instructions

1. Click on Vacation Club Portfolio, located under the Managing Your Ownership halfway down the page.
OR
Use Points => Vacation Club Points Balance

2a. Under "Available Vacation Club Points" click the "+" sign
2b. Click on Points Usage Options.

3. Scroll down and click on Transfer Points.
4. Confirm and fill out required fields.
5. Acknowledge Terms and Conditions.
6. Click on Submit once complete.

zerocylinders

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a warning to all NOT to use the online form to transfer points until MVC gets the bugs worked out.

I was told by Owner Services that I must use the online form (which isn't true FYI) so I did.

The form is somewhat confusing, as it does not explicitly allow you to specify HOW MANY POINTS TO TRANSFER?! Instead, you have a left column dropdown for "Type of Club Points to Transfer" and a right column field with the exact same field title "Type of Club Points to Transfer". I was told when I asked Owner Services about this that the left column is supposed to be the source contract or contracts, and the right column is supposed to be the number of points to transfer. But, that isn't what it says and more importantly that isn't how it works.

What actually happened was that ALL of the points from the contract I specified in the left drop down were transferrred, and the right column (where I put what I thought was the number of points to transfer) was duly ignored. So I lost a few more points than I expected on the transfer. I have a second one pending from the same day where I expect to lose another 1900 points if my "fix" doesn't stop it.

Further, while the first transfer went through in 24 hours, the second transfer on the same day is still pending 2 business days (4 days) later.

Posting another thread about Owner Services generally but wanted to alert folks that the form is broken or at least kinks haven't been worked out so don't use it.

P.S. In case anyone already submitted a transfer and is worried about all of their contract being transferred as happened to me, a possible workaround (can't confirm if this worked, since still pending)... The idea is to make a points reservation that uses all of the points that you want retained, specifying in the reservation the same contract # that you specified as the source on the points transfer. For example:

Assume you submitted an online transfer specifying in the left Type of Club Points to Transfer" contract #12345, and in the right field you specified 2000 points to be transferred. If contract #12345 has 4000 unused points, than all 4000 points will be transferred based on my experience - that isn't obviously what you wanted and will take away 2000 points you expected to be retained!​
Go to book with points, and search at least several months from current date to find any reservation that requires 2000 points. Book that unit/date and in the reservation form, choose the same contract #12345 that you had specified in the transfer. The reservation will take effect immediately, and points deducted from #12345 immediately. This should make it impossible for the transfer to take all 4000 points from #12345. Hopefully. I am still not sure what will happen since my second online transfer is still pending 4 days later... but it seems like it should work, or at the very least should stop the transfer.​
Finally, once the transfer is complete with the correct 2000 points transferred you can cancel the reservation and get your 2000 protected points back.​
Will update here as soon as I can confirm this works (or not).​

Last edited:

zerocylinders

TUG Member
Reaction score
Further update, things have gone from bad to worse. I have attempted 8 more times to transfer points manually over the phone. Only 2 successful. In those 2 successful attempts yesterday, I had to escalate to supervisor after initially being told it was against MVC policy to transfer points over the phone (??!!). In the other 6 attempts, even the supervisor said they could no longer do points transfers and could only refer me to the (defective) online form.

I did manage to get some kind of report submitted to the "back office" which the rep told me would result in correction of the points transfers that were processed incorrectly using the online form, and I did also get confirmation that I filled out the form correctly and it was an IT "error" in both cases. They said the incorrectly transferred points would be put back in my account (so much for being irreversible!?). UPDATE TO MY UPDATE: one of the incorrectly done online form transfers has now been "corrected" with an "adjustment" in my account. Not sure what they did to the recipient (e.g., did they let her keep the extra points or not??).

But transferring points just got a lot harder, longer and more error prone.

Last edited:

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
Once they work out the kinks this will be great. Imagine we can now book & cancel points with no CSR involvement. We can book weeks without CSR Involvement. We can fill out forms to transfer points and weeks with only back end support which is less skilled workers. I can't wait for the next update when both of these will be automated without any support. The remaining CSR's can focus on creating wait lists for all the average point owners that can't get what they want by searching. Even this can be automated at some point. Finally because with all the reduced CSR support, MVCI can reduce costs it charges to the resorts out of concern for their contribution for MF increases.
The CSR's can be moved over to the newly created tele sales because they if anyone understand the "truth" on the points system. You now have a reduced cost structure for sales allowing the cost of selling points to be reflected in the price per point. Reduced MF from no CSR's and reduced cost of points. Game. Set and Match Point.... MVCI and customers win. Sorry momentary loss of rational thinking.

Last edited:

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have experience to share. How long are the transfers taking and are they correct?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have experience to share. How long are the transfers taking and are they correct?

When you do it a printed message comes up and says to allow 72 hours.

I transferred some Abound Points to another member just yesterday and half were done yesterday, and the other half were completed today.

Unless one does it on a regular basis then I see folks forgetting what steps to take from one year to the next (and thus generating another phone call).

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did two transfers in the last couple of days. I submitted both transfers in the separate afternoons. I checked the next morning and in both intsances, the transfer were completed.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
I did a transfer of Bonvoy Points on this past Wednesday and I checked my wife’s account on Thursday and the points were in her account.

chunkygal

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BWV 215 pts

MVC Kauai, Wioahai

Enrolled in DC
Yes you only needed owner # number in past and was instant. Last one I did had to have contract #, but was very quick, less than one day.

jpc763

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
I honestly believe they have made this change to deter people from renting points. I just sent $ for points and now I have to wait to determine if I got scammed or not.

Meanwhile if I did get scammed, that person has 3 days to scam more people.

Not happy about the change.

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
I requested a transfer of points Wednesday morning. The points are still not transferred. Tommorow morning will be a full 3 working days. I called on Friday to try to expedite the transfer but the request was denied.