• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Feature Coming to HGV Website

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
The wording is
  • "Save a search and be notified when the reservation window they’re interested in becomes available."
So it doesn't say if the reservation is available but uses the words "reservation Window". So it that just a reminder or an actual notification that a search is fulfilled? Who knows.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
https://club.hiltongrandvacations.c...lubtraveler&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=hgv

Just saw this in an online newsletter. The ability to receive a notice when a saved search becomes available seems nice.

No word on speeding up how long the site takes to process a login.

Actually it's "when the reservation window they’re interested in becomes available"

A bit diff. than a saved search.

The latter implies that a specific saved search (ie, this resort on this check-in date with this size unit).
The former is just "reminding" you that you can book at the 9-month period, not that there's actually any units available that you want.

Unless I'm misinterpreting things, which would be nice if I am. LOL!

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, just like the reminder I can put in my Google (or any) calendar. Wow, cool new feature! :D

Cheers.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
So, just like the reminder I can put in my Google (or any) calendar. Wow, cool new feature! :D

Cheers.

Fair enough. Y’all may be right. But based on how they are promoting increased search capability, I think the notification feature may be better than the least we could expect based on the description. Of course it is possible I am newer and naive when it comes to this.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Notification is nice. But don't want automatic booking. Why? Because it will become much harder to book the dates I want at midnight betting that I will be more organized than others to get the reservation. If everyone automatically books it becomes a crap shoot.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. Y’all may be right. But based on how they are promoting increased search capability, I think the notification feature may be better than the least we could expect based on the description. Of course it is possible I am newer and naive when it comes to this.

Trust me- I hope your interpretation is correct :)

Cheers.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I think automatic booking would be problematic for them. Some resorts have lots of different room codes and variations even at the same point levels. Some people are particular about their units. Everyone would just complain that the system booked or didn't book the best possible option. With a reminder, it alerts people to go look and make their own choice....

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I think automatic booking would be problematic for them. Some resorts have lots of different room codes and variations even at the same point levels. Some people are particular about their units. Everyone would just complain that the system booked or didn't book the best possible option. With a reminder, it alerts people to go look and make their own choice....
I gave some thought to automatic booking for hgvc and I agree it would be problematic but also because the best places and weeks would never show on the system and transparency would be gone.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

I agree it couldn't be automatic booking since what would one be searching for 3 nights or what one really wants which would be probably be 7 nights or more. 3 nights would of course be available first. When you do a search with RCI it is only for the weeks inventory. The points/nights inventory cannot be searched for on RCI.