• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New England Road Trip ideas.....

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I received an email from Adventures by Disney promoting a northern New England road trip next year thru VT, NH and ME. I thought it interesting enough to share with all of you to give you an idea of typical stops if you are ever contemplating putting one together yourself. Add another week and the rest of us can fill in MA and RI stops for a complete New England tour!

New England Vacation Package | Adventures by Disney

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am actually taking a 2-week road trip from Ohio to New England in 2 weeks. Can't wait for it, and its going to be a lot less than $5000 a person!!

Day 1- Syracuse, NY (About halfway between Ohio & VT)
Day 2-7 Wyndham Smugglers Notch (Lake Champlain, Burlington, Marsh-Billings Rockefeller, Calvin Coolidge State site)
Day 8-10 Bangor, ME (Bar Harbor, Acadia, Katahadin Woods & Waters)
Day 11-12 Narragansett, RI
Day 13-14 Springfield, MA (Six Flags New England)
Day 15- Somewhere in PA when we stop driving for the night
Day 16- Home

6 new states for my entire family= Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island & Connecticut

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
People rave about Adventures by Disney...but I am way too frugal to pay those prices. I just listed it so people could see what a typical NE tour may look like.

Curious - what made you chose Narragansett, RI?

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
People rave about Adventures by Disney...but I am way too frugal to pay those prices. I just listed it so people could see what a typical NE tour may look like.

Curious - what made you chose Narragansett, RI?

I read some article about the beat beaches in Rhode Island and that near the top of the list. Also there was a close by Marriott hotel I could use points to book!

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I read some article about the beat beaches in Rhode Island and that near the top of the list. Also there was a close by Marriott hotel I could use points to book!
Close to the mansions in Newport as well.
Sounds like a great trip.

Armada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Old Town Alexandria
La Belle Maison
Coming from Smugglers Notch, I would suggest doing Billings Farm and Calvin Coolidge's birth place on the same day. Billings Farm is 1.5 hours from Smuggs and Coolidge's birth place is 2 hours (30 min past Billings Farm). For the second day, you might consider the Cold Hollow Cider Mill, the Cabot Store, and Ben and Jerry's Factory Tour (all in/near Waterbury). If you have any time left over, drive up to the top of Mt Mansfield on the mountain toll road. On a clear day, you can see the Adirondacks.

Armada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Old Town Alexandria
La Belle Maison
Another thought. Would your family prefer Six Flags or Hershey Park with a tour of their factory?

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Ah, yes...the Edward Crews Tour of Rt 100. :) Laughing Moon Chocolates in Stowe. Cold Hollow. Cabot/Lake Champlain Chocolates. And then if we can still wiggle, Ben/Jerry's. :) Looking forward to that ride one day this week!

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Take,a look at Watch Hill, Narragansett Beach..

Jdmalibu

Reaction score
I would suggest Stowe, VT for a day, Trapp Family Lodge or Smugglers Notch Resort are close by, Several hiking trails, and an awesome flat bike path that goes through the village, good eats.

Also stop in Portsmouth, NH for a meal if your a foodie , and a walk around the harbor, Prescott park, and Strawberry Bank. Portsmouth has more restaurant seats than residents…

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
We always enjoyed this museum. Just south of Burlington

And Shelburne Farms, owned by a branch of that same family. Beautiful place for a picnic!

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
And Shelburne Farms, owned by a branch of that same family. Beautiful place for a picnic!

We went to this museum for a hot air balloon festive once, had a great time. I believe it is an annual event.